SCP RP UK Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortstop

Sep 14, 2022
Your in-game name: Maynard 'Shortstop' Haselhurst
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:500154066
Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198960573860/
Date of ban: April 3rd 2023
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): Minor glitching
Who banned you: Acey
Ban length?: 5 days
What server were you banned on?: SCP RP UK
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/
What will you do to stop this from happening again: Now knowing that hacking behind walls is not something I can do, despite others hacking behind corners, I'll try not to do it again unless I get knocked behind a wall.
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned?: Within the last two months (I'm a eight month old player, no way can I cover everything) I've been banned for RDM, got warned for minor glitching, and got 2 warns for failRP. I have been banned in the past for MRDM (6 months ago), XP farming (More-so spawnkilling, 3-4 months ago) and that's pretty much it.
Why should you be unbanned: I do a lot of research and am a good asset to the research department. Also, while I was previously warned for minor glitching, this one stems from a confusion around watching people hack behind corners and assuming it applies to walls.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: I've been warned/banned in the past for various things and since then I have not done them (In most cases. I'm not stray from a small slip up such as RDMing more than once in 8 months)
Why do you want to rejoin this server?: It's spring break, and I don't exactly want to spend all of spring break away from the server. Plus, I want to see the upcoming update.

Last edited:

McMuffin

Donator
Mar 3, 2023
In my personal opinion, I believe that Jackie Boy should be unbanned. The reason being, his actions were only minor glitching and did not result in him completely breaking the game. Additionally, although he has had a few offenses in the past, they were all a significant period of time apart. As a good friend, he never tries to intentionally harm or break the server, but rather just wants to have a good time and enjoy himself. It seems overly harsh to ban him for five days for such minor hacking.

+support

Acey

Dec 26, 2022
Croatia, Republic of
Good day to you,

As the individual that banned you I'd like to say:

You were doing something that goes directly against the rules set up - Minor glitching to give yourself an advantage in a particular scenario. In this instance, hacking 7722 from within its cell - This would've caused a lot of unnecessary trouble to the players going against you. To me it is pretty clear that by this point you should've learnt from the past as this would've been your 2nd minor glitching warning in a month ( Iirc in a fortnight ).

I followed the guidelines issued to me and unfortunately for you, as I said, this was your 2nd warning which results in a 5d ban.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Shortstop

Sep 14, 2022
Since I am no longer banned, I'm going to keep this up, to try and either wipe it from my record or have it forgiven. It looks better in applications that way. Hope you get around to it soon. Also of note; Acey (supposedly) lost his moderator privileges, judging by how he no longer has a moderator tag in the civilgamers tag. Just so you boys know, he was not the one who made the sit, but the one who responded. Technically he didn't ban me, as he used Churmite to ban me because he was having troubles.

Luft

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Jun 6, 2022
Appeal Denied

Hi, @Jackie Boy

Very sorry about the late response, however from looking at this appeal including the information given in it I've come to the conclusion that this was a reasonable and just ban. Due to this, no action will be taken in regards to your ban appeal (Meaning this ban will stay on your history)

Kind Regards, Luft​

Status
Not open for further replies.