Thomas S.

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA):
SCP-RP UK

Do you have a mic?:
Yes.

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
CI-A, Medical licence.

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
One warning for killing a D-Class as a D-Class.

Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?
I am applying for SCP-RP Executive researcher for three main reason:

Divisions:Helping others:Research Dpt.:
Firstly, after joining the [BIO-2] division, I personally discovered that research is interesting for me, I enjoy writing 10+ pages of research studies as it intrigues me to find out the answer to my question. I love the community within the research department and would happily add to it, making it a safer and funnier place.During my time as a Senior Researcher, I would often help out and organise new researcher and teach them. I enjoy helping lost people and bringing them to where they are supposed to be and genuinely, helping others brings me joy. Therefore, I'm applying for Executive Researcher to help others, and I think I would be an excellent fit for it.Overall, during my time at the research department I have thoroughly enjoyed myself. It's a fun community packed with inside-jokes and fun ideas for testing. One example of this is the "Red Horizon" project that is going on within [BIO-2]. I love research because of stuff like this, the interesting documents and research papers you can find, or researchers who need help! This is why I am interested in becoming an executive researcher.

What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?:
First of all, I have a lot of experience both as a senior researcher and as a Biohazard researcher,
I've done many tests conquering most of the SCP's that are on Site-65. Second of all, I've attended
most of the lectures so I'm familiar with everything there is to do and how to host lectures.
Furthermore, I enjoy helping others and causing a positive impact within the research department
so this job caught my eye. I'm talented at (and enjoy) writing long and excellent documents (as some
of you may know...) so I genuinley believe that I'm suitable for Executive Researcher.

How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?
I have written over 10 Excellent graded documents. Overall, a document is graded on whether
or not it has/is Concise; has an Aim, Method, Hypothesis; Marked on grammar; Good testing
purpose/well written
Overall, all documents should be marked regardless of past interactions.
Personally, I also assess documents based on
layout and looks. I know other researchers also
mark their documents based on
RP, Research conducted, and standing out.

So overall, A document is marked on: Conciseness, Layout, Aim-Method-Hypothesis, Grammar,
Testing Purpose, RP, Research conducted.

What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:
In RP, An executive researcher has many goals and responsibilities to achieve, this include but are not
limited to:
Hosting research lectures;
Giving advice to other Researchers how to improve;
Grading documents;
Be something for other researchers to look up to;
Test on level 4 SCPs;
Supervise level 3 SCP tests;
Accept Safe->Safe / Safe->Euclid crosstest;
Be a good example within the research department;

Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Name: Thomas S.

Cultural background: Grew up in the South of UK, ████.

Job: Senior Researcher in the Foundation.

Backstory: Thomas Stones was born on 1995, ███, in the UK, ████. Throughout his early
childhood he always took fancy of science and after college he found a job as a lab assistant,
where he accidentally discovered SCP-████, an anomalous disease . The SCP foundation’s
department of disinformation (DOD) found out about the possible information leak and
apprehended Thomas S. and was brought to Site ██ where he was questioned and eventually
hired to the foundation. He slowly but steadily rose the ranks starting out as Junior Researcher
and Researcher where he was then promoted to Senior researcher due to his prior extensive
expertise in science and has worked there for the past █ years and ██ months.

See document below:
p.file.png

Thanks for reading my application. Feel free to be honest in the comments, I want to hear your opinions!

Last edited:

Millzy

Donator
Mar 28, 2022
+ Support
I have seen Thomas on-site occasionally, out of all the times I have bumped into him: I cannot recall a single negative interaction that I have had with him. I see no reason why he should be an Executive Researcher and I believe that he could be a great addition to the team.

- Active, probably.
- Good interactions.
- Great interest in Research.
- I can confirm 5 Excellent documents from him that have been logged. Where have the other 5 have gone? No clue. Some people may have forgotten to log them, or they got purged a while back. Regardless, 5 is more than enough to qualify, in my opinion.
- Division Member.

Now then, my application critique:

- The format of the application is readable and well thought out, indicative of professionalism.
- Demonstrates a good understanding of the role, some areas are missing however these are the lesser-known areas, so it is forgivable.
- Shows a clear and concise understanding of what makes a document Excellent.
-
Lore is nothing special, I've seen many that are very similar. However, the lore is not a huge part of the application to me.

In summary, Thomas could make an Excellent addition to the team. I trust that the Director of Research will decide fairly.

Reactions: Thomas Stone

Deacon

Jun 19, 2022
+Support
  • Active as ScD
  • Good application
  • Excellent documents
Hello Thomas, I'll give you a +Support for your application. I think you're a great researcher who is also very dedicated to the ScD. I've read some of your excellent rated documents and they are really good too. I think you would be a great choice for Executive and I can see from both your application and our in-game interactions that you would be able to perform the duties of an executive very well.

Nukegoboom

Jun 10, 2022
UmomwHH.png

INTERNAL DEPARTMENT DESIGNATION ScD
SCIENTIFIC DEPARTMENT
Application Accepted
Hello Mr Stones, I have accepted this application as you have demonstrated effort and quality in both your application and the work done around the site. Please contact me so that we may arrange for your executive interview.
Overall, the content of your application appears short but is in fact direct and upfront. Presenting the information clearly and matter-of-factually. Good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.