Site Manager [Held]
Site Advisor [Held]
Overseer Assistant [Holding]
Ethics Assistant [Held]
Omega-1 LCPL [Held]
Epsilon-11 CPL [Held]
DEA Senior Agent [Holding]
CI-B [MRU-LCPL] [Held]
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: No.

What Ethics Committee role are you applying for, and why:
I am applying for the role of Ethics Committee Chairman. I have spent the last three months within the committee producing an immense amount of roleplay for new players, groups of interest, all the way to seasoned players floating throughout different departments, and it is something I have enjoyed extremely. The position of Ethics Committee Member has allowed me to explore the server in an entirely new light, whether it is roleplaying myself in various ways to downplay the committee's true purpose, or being able to help those around. In the position of Chair, I would be able to continue these duties while also bringing those in the committee as members to higher standards than ever before. The position would afford me the right to continue the committee as it is, but also add my own unique spin on the way we work.

What makes you the best candidate for the Ethics Committee?:
Leadership
I have an immense amount of experience as an ECM, Site Manager and otherwise in managing and supervising different areas of the site. As a Site Manager, I oversaw the Advisors as well as many departments, having a key understanding of the comings and goings of those operating within, while also keeping a level of kindness and friendship throughout the site. With this, I was able to lead with a firm hand where needed, but also opened up to the needed relaxation of the playerbase. As an ECM, I have further developed this, directly involving myself into departments, managing the Ethics Committee Assistants, and assisting other ECMs with their directives and tasks. From this, I have been able to assist with Omega-1 and their innerworkings, and create a strong foundational basis for the regiment to build on.

Initiative
A large part of the committee no matter the role you're in is taking initiative, whether it is for roleplay or for making hard decisions on the spot. Experience helps with this immensely, and I have gained a considerable amount in the last few months. I take all decisions carefully, consulting all pieces of knowledge I have at time, while also ensuring those who are best informed of how to handle unique-situations are heard in my final verdict.

Roleplay Creation
While everyone creates their own unique roleplay, one of my primary focuses in the server is ensuring everyone has roleplay, and I am aware some people may struggle at coming up with ideas as they go, or how to add something new entirely as a system. During my time in Ethics, for the Medical and Research departments I have created roleplay-idea documents, in which it contains multiple ideas that were discussed with department leads and people throughout the department to create somewhat of a plan that the leaders of each department can pick and choose different parts from.
Research: Research RP Department Plan
Medical: Medical Department Plan

As well, for my own roleplay within the committee, Athena my prior character had a deep involvement with the Cortex storyline, due to her prior relations with the excommunicado Site Command member, and I eventually decided due to how much she had been involved, and slowly falling off par with Ethics: she was to die. With this in mind, I brought a project forward in advance within the committee, where I now operate over a massive database of In-Character information of Senior Clearance Fours on site. A lot of my roleplay is on the spot, I don't think every day on site should be the exact same, whether it is an on the spot training for Omega-1, or I approach a department for a goal to be done (jnr/researchers in Research to study a specific SCP to collect a general goal, DEA being on assigned raids along Nu-7, opening participation to Alpha-1 to the different duties on site I'd be doing, such as joint patrols and chemical collection).

Administrative Skill / Documentation
As mentioned in my Ethics Member application, I had created an immense amount of documentation in the ECA and Site-Manager positions, whether these were guidance for people new to the departments, documentation that could be dispersed for all, or general lore. As a member of the committee, I have created large databases, a lot of in-character high-quality documentation, (such as the Ascendency reports). I take pride in creating consumable, clear and correct documentation that can be dispersed for appropriate viewing, whether the document is for the viewing of one, or for many. I believe it is of utmost importance that documentation is of good quality, as it opens for good and legitimized info-leak roleplay, as well as keeps all involved in whatever situation it quotes informed.

Understanding of the Committee
While my understanding of Ethics itself comes from IRL experience in creating papers directly about Ethics, I have come to understand how Ethics itself within Site-65 works. One of the foundations to the committee is the “Biggest Lie”, and I have done my absolute best to create interesting RP around this, such as when interacting with GOIs and ensuring that we’re believed to be simple clearance-4 advisors, to interacting on site alongside the rest of command to those would would not know of our status. It has allowed me to explore the committee under a new light, and operative covertly in unique and new ways.

Personal Goals for the Committee
While I wish to leave this intentionally vague to inspire a level of curiosity and excitement for the playerbase, I will also give a brief explanation for how I would run the committee should I be accepted. The current setup the committee has is great, and has been in place for an extensive level of time, but it is my intention to spice it up a bit more. I would like to create a committee with more involvement and openness to those around the site to consult with us, but expand on the immense amount of knowledge as a team which has collected and created more unique and personalized player-experiences. As well, I would like to create a better installment of working with the Internal Affairs Department and deploying a better usage of the FLC toolkit alongside enhanced integration with the Committee itself.

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee in RP?:

FLC
The Ethics Committee uses the foundation legal codex as a tool to enforce a good standard of roleplay on site, and is arguably one of its most important tools. It is key that as the Chairman of the Committee has an in depth understanding of the codex, whether it is an ethics violation or conduct violation, a consistent verdict on any arrest/apprehension should be made. As part of the toolkit, the committee enforces the foundation legal codex, but, also as an influential figure within the site, they should always abide and enforce the codex to set the standard expected throughout the entire chain of command. When partaking in such arrests or enforcements, the committee should always delegate this responsibility to the relevant personnel, say for example, a researcher is running around injecting unsuspecting personnel with SCP-106 vials, they would be arrested for Misuse 1, but it would not make sense for a Chairman to make the arrest, and would likely be best delegated to a member of Internal Affairs, such as an agent. But, if a department director was caught doing the same, the Chairman or ECM available would process this arrest.

As well, in more extreme cases, it is the duty of the Committee and the Chair to preside over Tribunal cases brought forward when CL4 individuals are found to commit Ethics infractions. On the other side of the coin, it is also the duty for the Committee to notify and hand over any evidence regarding conduct violations which may require a hearing. For further collaboration, the Committee is to gather with the Overseer council to make edits to the foundation legal codex, and thus both sides inspect foundation-wide practices to ensure that a high standard of ethics, as well as conduct are being upheld at all times.

Management
The ethics committee in roleplay oversee quite some positions directly, other than the site as a whole, such as the Internal Affairs Directors, who directly report to the committee, or the Ethics Committee Assistants. Both are also issued directives, the assistants more exclusively such as departmental liaisons or assistant orders, while the Directors are issued taskings and their own individual investigations across site. As well, the Chairman directly works to manage Omega-1 alongside the Commissioned Officer team, alongside utilizing the Omega-1 task force to execute the will of the committee.

As well, to ensure high standards of roleplay are being upheld, as well as each department staying on task, and keeping a key hand into ethics, the committee conducts audits through files and externals in order to ensure all are acting with ethics and conduct high in mind. This also, allows the committee to keep even-more to date with the current comings and goings occuring on the server.

Roleplay
The committee as roleplay leaders ensure that new and fresh roleplay scenarios can add to the server that can either supplement the gameplay-loop, or allow for respite from the typical day-to-day routine of players. This is done as an individual, but also, collaborating with other RP leaders in order to create engaging and fresh storylines, and scenarios. As well, a key part of the committee's role play in the server is to ensure that the D-Class research material is dealt with ethically and as humanely as possible, and in part, approval of CL4+ research testing that includes ethics concerns such as the creation of SCP-008s or 008-2s.

Authorisations
The committee authorizes a few key actions within the site, such as the mass-termination of D-Class research material when there are mass-breakouts and foundation personnel lives are being threatened, should this be the arming of d-class, or say an SCP such as O49 is creating 049-2 variants from them. As well, this ties into the management of code 3, 4, 5 and Code-Black situations, and in the Code-Black scenarios the reset of roleplay via activating the alpha-warhead if the roleplay on the site has degraded beyond recovery due to extreme mass-breaches or Code-5 scenarios.

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):
The ethics committee handles applications such as:
  • Director of Internal Affairs
  • Ethics Committee Member
  • Ethics Committee Assistant
As well, the Committee should make an active effort to sit-down and discuss with other Roleplay and Faction Leaders to facilitate controlled and enjoyable roleplay for players. Also, while also somewhat in-character, the committee collaborates in externals with the Overseer Council to vote on any necessary edits to the foundation legal codex, and notify them of any conduct infractions which will need to be dealt with on their end.

Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee character and what storylines they would be involved in:

zjlREJ5zwi4OLwJ_5_-Wgm5nW9lfzIahjTx2mq0sZYdRH10UAQwJJ3ugoSr7FR_tRm2v14rsGJ6BweV6TuqScLkMj9b4iOz56U9c8xs7ABqM_YmbClenmGFDBSRW4BaWmJWtjoPRmKlnOLRTUYZ0yZ0

One: Disconnect​

To Maeve, all people were simply reduced to a collection of data which could be read or exploited- perhaps that is why she propelled in her work so well. A name would pop up on her screen, maybe some other details too if she was lucky- and by the end of the day she had their life on her laptop, bundled into some insignificant email chain. Data would range from files on people of interest to seemingly-random choices. Maeve often thought that half of the time they would send the absolute minimum to challenge her, but it didn’t bother her so much. She would simply deliver. Maeve at times took pleasure in knowing she held a person's entire life in her fingertips for a few hours, one small slip up- a file misplaced could force an entire new identity on someone.
Most of those around her did not give her a second look, and Maeve was thankful for that. Most would enquire as to her young age for such a position, some would underestimate her, some would think she is lucky, and few would recognise her insanity for perfection. She liked that. She always liked being underestimated, she preferred staying quiet while those louder overspoke, for she knew the moment anything left her mouth it was of importance, and not of social nicety.
She’d joined the Intelligence Agency years prior, just out of college. By then she’d already created several OSINT tools, spider-crawlers and information gathering techniques that she held tight to her chest. People would do their absolute best to try and crack through. Usually for the position that she was offered, you’d apply- but she stuck out far too much. Unbeknownst to her, plenty of companies had their hands in trying to get a piece of what her brain could do, but she only heard from one. Within the first few months of her work, she’d passed all requirements for her first year and was promoted, this pattern continuing until she’d hit twenty-three. Management positions were offered, to which she would decline. She had no interest in arranging someone to do the work she enjoyed.
Something about the chase for information ignited her. Maeve had always had inconsistent habits, she’d commit to a workout routine for a few weeks and suddenly forget and stop. A new food trend? She would cook all recipes she could for a week, and then forget that trend had even occurred. One could make the assumption that repetitive routine bored her, and they would be correct. But there was no similar name that would fly into her inbox. Everyone came from a different background, everyone had their own story to tell. Whether it was school time squabbles, or their embarrassing drunk internet postings, it was data that she could take as new daily. It was intoxicating.
Maeve always took extreme ‘care’ towards the way she dressed. She worked best comfortably. At first, the Agency would reprimand her choice of sweatpants and a hoodie and demand she go home to re-dress, however, with time, they noted those days she would be sat in the pristine suits they’d financed her work would lack the passion and vital extra details they needed. With time, it no longer seemed out of place for a random twenty-something girl to show up and hide away in her cubicle, bundled up on her chair and typing away, grabbing the nearby takeout she’d ordered for lunch.

A hand placed itself on her shoulder. Maeve resisted the urge to jolt away. She placed her fork back down into the container of chinese in front of her and turned, a gentleman smiled down at her. She was yet to meet this one. She took a napkin from the pile beside her and wiped her mouth and hands, standing, dusting herself off. She looked at the gentleman expecting some level of introduction.
“Miss Glass?” He asked, his tone slightly pointed. Maeve returned a nod, “Ah, I’ve been sent to collect you. Mr. Barker has requested your presence”. She nodded once more and motioned for the gentleman to lead the way.
She followed behind him, noting the looks of concern plastered on her nosey coworkers faces. A pointed look from herself here and there however seemed to settle the curiosities: she did not care for them. If they got on her nerves she had plenty at her disposal back home. Cathy the woman who couldn’t stop running her mouth and pretending to be a busy body? Behind closed doors she had quite the keen interest in gambling and sleeping with other men than her husband she adored bragging about. All it took was one very smart query from her phone number to find her on multiple sites, creating a convincing profile and acquiring some rather… interesting images.
Or Johnson, the quiet man who she enjoyed taking her rare lunches away from her desk with, quite vocal on some rather unwise chat boards about his fitness and thoughts towards women. All of these people were simply moving files that she could collect.
The duo came to a halt before the large frosted glass doors, her eyes always darted to the dark plate placed on it. “Director of Intelligence, Marc Barker.” The gentleman knocked on the door softly, opening it once a small click sounded, motioning for Maeve to enter first.
“Sir,” she addressed, taking a seat on the couch beside him, quick to make herself comfortable. “Who fucked up this time?”
“We don’t know.” He replied, his tone soaked with worry, sliding a small chip to the woman. “This is all we’ve got. Some busy-bodies creating nasty trades from the UK to Germany, their financial records are incredible. But, the payments between-” he moved to rub his face slightly, “Lets just put it this way. It should be impossible for someone to have such wealth.”
Maeve nodded, pulling a small device from her pocket, extending it and placing it on her head, ensuring the circular pads were well connected on her temples before slotting the small chip in. She closed her eyes as the bright light shone outwards, flicking through the pages of classified intelligence.
All of the pages had this logo- she’d never seen it before which peaked her curiosity. A circle with squared outward markings, containing another circle and three arrows pointed inwards. “Do you know of this company Sir?”
“Company?” Marc inquires giving a pointed look to the mysterious gentleman in the corner of the room, “What company?”
“Well, there’s a symbol here in the top left of each document, the print type of these accounts- they’re company accounts.” she starts, “Look at the way it's organized, the tracing for accounts- the languages change but they all stay consistent in referencing.”
The Gentleman in the room sits on the arm beside Maeve, “Interesting. How did I not catch that?” He inquires.
Maeve resists the retort of incompetency and takes the headset from her head, quickly wiping her eyes. “Who are you?” She asked, shifting slightly away from him.
“German intelligence.” Marc replied for the gentleman, Maeve nodded. “He runs a team that’s about to be assigned this. Due to the nature of this however… I don’t want our full team working on it. You’ll be heading on a flight with Mr. Ernst to Bundes-” he paused, “I’m not going to butcher that. You’ll be working for our side while there.”
Maeve nodded, looking up at the gentleman, “I see. I will go collect my items.”
“No need. We already had someone pack up your apartment.” the gentleman replied. “Welcome to the team for now Miss Glass, I am sure you will be quite promising.”

Two: A thought​

It’d been three months, and Maeve was preparing to finish everything. At first, it’d certainly been a struggle to fit in with this new team. The bunch she’d been thrown to weren’t exactly welcoming. She hated the fact that Mr. Ernst had been present when her apartment was “packed.” She’d noted straight off-of the bat that half of her more-of choice clothes were left behind, or how they’d been less than careful packaging her laboratory.
She was however, thankful, for Helvia. The short woman had noted that there was quite a bit of dust surrounding the more formal clothing, but the comfortable outfits were freshly washed. Maeve appreciated the attention to detail, and admittedly admired the care the woman had shown towards her.
Nothing could traceback to that symbol, but matching financial records spanned all the way back to the early 1900s. Whatever this business was, it’d been going for a while and amassed an immense amount of wealth. She’d managed to finally extract some names, some locations, and raids happened as she watched. It always seemed as though the ones they’d find just- they had no idea what anyone was on about. It was like they’d never even heard the word finance.
Most of the team had given up. As the weeks flew by, the floor they’d apprehended would slowly empty closer to hometime, and most nights she sat there with Helvia.
A smile stretched onto the woman's face, “Helvia.” She addresses, turning to the woman across the way who peaked up from her own files. “Take a look at this” she slid the tablet across the floor to the woman's desk.
She’d finally found the company name. Well- partially. Something.C.Something-Foundation was all that could be made out. She remarked it was odd, but it was something. She’d realized that the strange numbers addressing the top were just encrypted weeks prior, but she hadn’t been able to crack it at all. Helvia took the tablet in her hands and a shocked expression crept its way. “I’ll file this now and process the report!” She exclaimed, standing from her chair and making her way to the printer. “Have you already checked them out?” Maeve resisted the urge to shoot a rather unpleasant look remembering who she was addressing. “Oh- wait, second page. Ah. Sorry” Helvia laughed, taking the copies from the printer to her chair and wheeling it over next to Maeve.
Maeve sat happily going through every single piece she could find but there wasn’t much. Often anything mentioning something similar were on strange forums that were full of rantings and ravings of monsters. After a few hours she let out a rather disgruntled sigh. She’d hand small pieces for Helvia to arrange into a report and keep going, but it just didn’t seem to work.
“You two-” Mr. Ernst started, “How long have you been here?”
Neither of the women had realized day had struck, and that half of the office was showing up to their mess of files, empty-takeout containers and worst of all, Ernst had walked in on Maeve in sweatpants and not a suit. But- it was the first time she felt comfortable enough to get genuine work done.
“Oh- it’s morning already?” Helvia smiled, “We’ve been working on something- well- I mean-” She began,
“I found the company behind all the transfers. A list of their main account owners, locations and origins.” Maeve said, not even looking up from her laptop. “Helvia stayed all night to get the reports ready.”
Mr. Ernst looked shocked, “Hm.”. He stopped a moment and let out a small laugh, “Well done Ladies.”
It was rare this man let out a single positive word, Maeve remained dismissive while Helvia seemed to jump at the words. “Thank you Sir!” the shorter woman exclaimed.
A lot of the coworkers had found themselves perched on the edges of desks and tables around Maeve, watching her spin around on her chair, handing tablets for Helvia to print and finally, the mess of papers became one massive file. Some were kind enough to retrieve coffee, though, Maeve noted that she preferred the ones Helvia made. Another left and came back with a rather large breakfast for the team.
Finally it was done. Maeve uploaded the report to the investigations drive, while Helvia dropped it off in Ernst’s office.

“What do you mean I need to-” Maeve questioned, almost crushing her phone with the sheer grip she held. “Sir. I’ve found everything needed, but there has to be more- it’s a global cooperation we have no files on!” She exclaimed, pacing her front room back and forth while Helvia stared up from the couch.
“I told you, you’ve found enough. First flight back, I will have someone collect belongings from your apartment.” Marc sighed through the other end.
“Enough? Enough?” She scoffed, “Enough would be a week away if you’d just let-”
“No. My word is final.” He interrupted. “Maeve, end this investigation now. A car will be outside in five minutes.”
Maeve let out a frustrated sigh, “Yes Sir.”
“Good. I will speak to you when you land.”
Maeve threw her phone against the wall, sitting down on the couch next to Helvia. “I- what the fuck did we find?” she huffed.
Helvia waited a moment before speaking, she looked up to her friend, “Nothing. Yet.”

Three months felt like years. Each day, for the first time, she’d enjoyed being around another human being. It was interesting, and certainly the first time. Though she did not feel much need to speak, Helvia was always good at doing that for her, and for that she appreciated it.
When she landed on the tarmac she wasn’t given the choice to even stand from her seat, Marc quickly piled on with two armed guards. She was shocked, but refused to let her face show it, she simply turned her head and looked out the window.
“C’mon Maeve, don’t be like that.” Marc sighed. The men stepped forward taking her bag from the overhead storage and placing it on the table, rifling through each thing. Maeve let out a short sigh and balled up on her seat more. “Maeve-” Marc started, sitting across from her. “Your headset.”
The woman reached into her pocket and handed the small bundle of technology. One of the gentlemen handed Marc a laptop and he was quick to plug it in, sorting through her files. “There’s no more chips on your person?”
Maeve shook her head no, and he nodded, handing the device back to her. “Is that all?” She asked, further tucking her knees below her chin. The two gentlemen carefully placed her belongings back as they were, and zipped up her bag, resting it in the aisle next to her, taking their leave.
“No.” Marc sighed, “Are you ready to leave now?” Maeve nearly laughed at the question, she knew it was not something that she had any choice over. She untucked herself and picked up her bag, Marc quick on her heels. She slipped into the car with ease, her bag once again taken from her- this time to the trunk rather than her privacy being invaded.
Once buckled in, she made herself comfortable, taking the hot cup-of-whatever she’d been given by the driver and putting it in the holder. “What is next on the list Sir?” she asked.
Marc let out a sigh. “Nothing for now. We’ll return to HQ tomorrow.”
Maeve nodded, taking her phone out and sending a quick text to Helvia to let her know she’d landed, and was on the way back to her apartment.
What the woman hadn’t expected when she’d walk into her flat was every single piece of furniture, all of her clothes, her belongings had clearly been torn apart. Everything was an absolute mess. She debated calling Marc, until it hit her: the personal files. She quickly dropped her bag and ran to her fridge, pulling the metal hunk forward and dropping to her knees, ripping the skirting board off. Her chip case. It was fine.
The rest of her evening was spent putting everything back where it should have been. Anger was an understatement for how she felt. She’d dedicated her life to this job, she’d done everything right… and this is how they treated her? By the time she’d finished sorting everything, it was time for work. She quickly showered, threw on her favorite pair of joggers, jumper and shoes.
Again, she was picked up. No walk to work through the bustling shoulder to shoulder of sweat London had to offer. Marc greeted her with a smile when she stepped in. She simply put her headset on, and held her hand out. Marc handed a chip as usual.

Three: Pseudonym​

The choice to leave M.I.6 was not easy, but after everything in Germany, she wiped her hands clean and took all of her tooling and knowledge with her. Marc had her apartment checked, a lot of her accounts were locked as they had some “concerns”.
V-Sight came into play quite soon after. She’d decided that her skills could be better spread to those whose financials could suit their curiosities. She managed a small team of five people she investigated and personally selected from different businesses and universities. She ended up enjoying the management position to some level, overseeing and advising so many bright minds was certainly an experience. She liked watching their curious minds eat up any request given. But, she found that no matter who she asked to be her Assistant- someone she would trust to run the company in her stead, no file was of standard. No-one was worth the second thought.
Maeve sighed, rubbing her temples. The sheer amount of files surrounding her, and not one person enough. She looked at her phone to check the time, seeing a new text from Helvia. Likely another update about her distaste for her job, her bosses, her team. A realization dawned on Maeve, and a smile broke out on her face. She was quick to her feet, taking her phone and plonking herself down onto the couch she’d just had put in her office.
The phone rang away, two dials and Helvia was on the other end.
“Hey! It’s been a while since I heard your voice”
“Hi Helvia.” Maeve replied, “I have a proposal for you.”
“Hm?” Helvia stopped for a moment, “A proposal?”
“So, V-Sight, remember that joke that you made about coming here and working. How about we no longer make that a joke?”
Silence, followed by a completely serious, “I’m in”

Recruiting had been a slow process, but eventually, with seven months running, and plenty of clients slowly- she built up her team. She enjoyed teaching those eager to eat away at her knowledge and methods, finding the most rewarding purpose of all to see those she shepherded succeed.
Helvia slotted quite well into her bureaucracy, she became much more of an assistant to Maeve and it worked absolute wonders. It meant Maeve could dive deep into the recruitment and investigations into the applicants, while Helvia processed and made her files a far bit more coherent. V-Sight prospered, and Maeve attested a majority of that to Helvia.
However, the newest recruit was one of the trickiest pieces of work Maeve had the opportunity to hunt. A Mr Silva Esposito. A young italian who was making groundbreaking technology in reconnaissance and like her, not wishing to share. He had next-to-no trace online and more sock-accounts than the average person, finding more on him was almost a personal battle for her.
She’d sit for nights, balled up in duvets and chinese boxes, her headset blaring into her eyes while she scrolled and searched endlessly. A trail of thirty-five aliases finally led her to his actual accounts, his address, his genuine contact details and so much more. Finally, someone worth hiring for her part of the business. Later that day he was brought into the new office, shown around and offered the job which he accepted.
With his recruitment came a few new frustrations, it seemed prodding noses appeared where they shouldn’t, fake applications flew through and straight into the shredder, phishing emails beyond belief. Someone did not like this new hire.

“We have a group of suited gentlemen at the door,” the secretary's voice rang through the phone, “They’re asking for an urgent meeting with you Maeve.”
Maeve let out a sigh, “We have so much to do today Megan, please could you slot them in for next week?”
“They’re insisting that you’d want to take this meeting”
“Just- go talk to Helvia about it,” she says, taking the phone from her ear and pressing it to her chest, “Helvia!” she shouted through the cracked doorway. The short woman quickly poked her head through the door and Maeve held out the phone for her.
The two women chatted away on the phone while Maeve continued her work on her latest client, only looking up when Helvia fell silent, seeing the woman's face pale over entirely. “Maeve,” she started, “I think we should take this meeting.”
Maeve raised a brow holding her hand out for the phone, her expression demanding an explanation from the German. “Is it someone from a business called the S.C.P Foundation- ring a bell?”
“Very well then.” Maeve replied, standing from her desk and patting herself down, “Take them to conference room two, I will go sort myself for a meeting.” She dismisses. Helvia was quick out of the door, ordering a few people around her to assist her.
Maeve entered the small bathroom she had affixed to her office, taking her pressed suit from the small closet and making quick work of changing out of her sweatpants. S.C.P. What on earth did it mean? She remembered all too well not being able to find much, and it troubled her entirely that now- after all the grief starting with a badly photocopied symbol, they were here, on her turf.
Maeve placed her headset around her neck and quickly fixed her hair, bending to put her heels on. It hit her that she did not wish to go in blindsided, and she quickly dashed to her office, summoning the Italian in.
“Silva, I need you to run a query for me. S.C.P Foundation. Find me everything you absolutely can-” she paused, “Deep-dive it all. Check their faces using InspF. It's on my drive, just- deploy it on the cameras. I want to know who they sent also.”
The tall man nodded, and she scrambled to do the same to her end. Within the next five minutes with automated language filtering, and scripts they were able to have quite a large file on those waiting for their arrival in her conference room. She thanked the man and the two chips in hand for her, and files in hand for him made their way inside.
Helvia as usual sat chatting away, asking the guests about their day and any insignificant detail she could muster out of them before the lack of presence from Maeve could be fully noticed. She took her seat at the head of the table beside Helvia, while the short woman stood, she remained quiet and slotted the chip into her headset.
“You hear me?” Maeve typed with the slightest eye movements.
Helvia directed a nod towards Maeve. Showing her small earpiece to be blinking away.
“Thank you for seeing us on such short notice, Miss Glass.” The gentleman seated to her right nodded, “I apologize for the abrupt visit but those above me wished for this to be done rather quickly.”
Helvia smiled, “You’re quite alright. How can we help you?”
“Keep it short as best you can, I have their files ready to check anything they say.”
“Well- it’s quite simple but we require your staff except yourself and Mr Dierder to leave the room.”
Helvia waved her hands slightly and all left, Silva dropped the files down before Maeve and left with a short nod from herself.
“Thank you Miss Glass” the man smiled, “We understand you and Miss Dierder investigated some financial processes from my organization not too long ago?” he paused a moment, looking between the two women, “It was quite good for us that you were taken off of that trail when you were.”
“So it was them. Helvia, these people look dangerous. Global conglomerate, worse- actually, they look like some sort of shadow organization. I do not like this.”
“Indeed. However, I would like for us to move to the point.” Helvia responded, taking a seat across from the gentleman.
“Well Miss Glass, you came of interest to us quite quickly after that, yourself also Miss Dierder.” He paused, pulling out two pieces, a chip and a file. “Miss Dierder you have quite the track record,” he began, sliding Helvia the file, “and Miss Glass. Lets just say- tracking you down took a whole team of ours and a year to complete.”
The room fell silent as Maeve took a small device from her pocket, placing the chip in and allowing it to beep away before taking it out and placing it into her headset. They had everything on her to a T. She hated it.
“We have a simple proposition for you, we wish for you to work for us, bring along Mr Silva and the rest- and we will buy V-Sight, increase your pay double, and you will be allowed into a much more exclusive life.”
Helvia stopped, waiting for Maeve to type. Maeve simply removed her headset and placed it down, and looked up at the gentlemen gathered before the duo.
“You know-” she stopped, “Revealing your company name to me to attract a meeting was a brilliant idea.”
“Is that so, thank you- that was my idea.”
“You should be quite proud of that Mr, hmm- let me check” she flicked through the pile of files on her desk, and landed straight onto the recruiters page, “Mr Zanek.”
The man before her paled slightly, “Oh- sorry. Mr Oliver. Pseudonyms are rather interesting, aren’t they?”
“What-”
“Five minutes- that is all that took.” she smiled, “So, I would love for you to fill me in on exactly what an anomaly is. Oh, and that is Miss Dierder, clearly a years worth of investigation wasn't good enough”

Four: The Fall​

“Cairo, please pull all files of our current embedded Ethics Members. We will need to replace Athena quite fast after everything.” The Chairman sighed, looking around at all the files lay across his desk. What a mess Athena had left, but, at least to some help, she’d noted everything she knew.
“Of course sir,” the blinking text slowly fed through. “Is there any quality that you’re looking for in particular?”
“Someone who can manage all of this information, and someone who will help us inspect this ongoing Cortex situation.”
The computer ticked away for quite some time before three files ejected themselves from the printer beside the Chairman. He took the three bundles of paper out and stapled them quickly. “Run me through each please, Cairo.”
“Dr. Jayce Richardson. He’s been embedded for fifteen years and has produced an immense amount of data for the committee, remaining in cover for his embedded time.”
The Chairman displeased replies “Then he is best kept where he is hidden. Such prolonged experience cannot be wasted. Who is next?”
“Well-” the computer replied, “The next two files are one person and their assistant,” the ellipses blinked for longer than usual, “Miss Glass has been working as an external affairs agent for years- she is the one who has fed us information on the local U.N.G.O.C. FOBs. But-”
“She is not an Ethics Member Cairo.”
“Sir, I know.” the computer blinks away, “But she is my recommendation.”
The Chairman sighed into his hands and let out a short breath. “How long has she worked for the Foundation?”
“Checking now… four years Sir,”
“And an assistant to a DEA?”
“Well- when she was brought to us, she refused to allow the two of them to be assigned separately, she refused promotions unless this Miss Dierder is brought with her.”
“I see.” He responded. “Very well. I will view Miss Glass’ file now.”
“While she would be useful, it is hard to see how she would fit within our bureaucracy of Ethics. Cairo, I would like you to formulate a test, let's see how she does.”
“Of course! Wait- a test? We could observe her further…”
“Not necessary. This replacement is urgent.”
“Very-well then Sir. I will document the results when it is done.”

Maeve walked along with the field operatives surveying the local area she’d been sent to. It was quite rare for her to be requested in the field, but she was not one to disobey direct orders. The task was simple, a rogue unidentified GOI had been spotted operating out of a town near Site-65 in the Saskatchewan region in Canada.
She’d been relocated to the site temporarily to investigate and work on surface reconnaissance, something she’d become adept at, as well as any analyst based work she could.
The cold constricted against her stomach, no matter how much thermal protection her body armor offered, she remained frozen. She sighed, struggling to keep her eyes open, trying to find absolutely everything she could through her binoculars. Small pieces of information would slowly make their way out of her mouth, Helvia, ready as ever, remained within the warm confines of their office, documenting all she could find.
Coffee was brought occasionally as time passed, and with that the radio chatter died down. The less people spoke, the more suspicious she became- not ignoring the pure feeling of uncertainty and dread that crept up. The field operatives' words became stale, almost robotic. Maeve accredited it to a long, cold, tiresome shift.
The first sign of danger was when one of the operatives walked out of a house at random, a slight limp, non-responsive, before dropping to the floor on the snow before the front door. ID’d as Agent Michaelson, a man who had checked in minutes before, she was more than concerned. She did not break her position.
Five minutes later, another Agent followed out, she spotted that his eyes remained white. Her face dropped. She quickly placed down her binoculars and took hold of the rifle that sat beside her, repositioning and aiming her crosshair at the windows of the house.
As she readied per position, she noted the blue and purple lights that shone through the windows. She noted a robed figure, feeding it all back to a panicked Helvia. Slowly, the small towns flooring began to crack, purple emitting between the ice and snow. She kept herself steady.
“Do not kill the entity.” An order came through, “We need him alive,”
“Sir, what have I not been told?”
She had her shoulder rested perfectly, her eye pressed just back of her sight, her finger on the trigger and safety flicked off.
“That is what is classed as a ‘Type Red’. We haven’t contained one with this much power before.”
“Is this not Epsillon-11’s job?”
“It is, but you’re the only agent responding.”
“Sir, were you not out here in the region also”
“I came back inside a little while ago.” He paused, she swore she could hear a gulp, “Maeve, those agents to put it simply, are currently under his control. Do not take the shot. We cannot determine its regenerative ability.”
Maeve let out a huff, “How badly do we need it?”
No response, her receiver tone just continued its static.
The purple glow of ice started to expand to her position, Maeve remained still, she noted as it reached the insurgency base, the United Global Occult Coalition base, and soon, Site-65’s courtyard. She watched as those standing on it would drop their weapons, and walk in suit to follow.
“Sir. You are requesting that while I have a clear line of site, I risk the knowledge of all the men and women around me for the life of an SCP”
“By doing so, you are giving the foundation more progressive knowledge than what you could stand to realize.”
“Epsilon-11 ETA?”
“Ten minutes.”
The first shot Maeve took, most would assume to be sloppy, but that bullet passing straight through the Ambassadors leg dropping him to the floor prevented whatever was to happen to him. The sound echoed. She would not risk his knowledge for the sake of another section.
She looked among the walking army of almost zombified subjects as they sauntered to the house which seemed to pile out more active versions of her fellow agents. She had 5 more rounds, five more choices of the hundreds of personnel. She watched as the man who’d just instructed her made his way out. A single shot took his knee out clean, and he dropped.
Four more shots. She took out some woman in a pale blue and pink suit soon after, she could see the splatter of bone from her shins paint the road by the gas station.
These continued, she evaluated her targets, and by the time the last shot ran out, Epsillon-11 charged the house with means of containment, wafting through the armies of droned minds making their way past.
The house lit up from the flashbangs, smoke and so much more until, the purple suddenly seeped away from the ground. Medical support flew in to help those she’d shot, and Helvia herself pulled Maeve from her rifle.
She watched a young female be dragged from the house and placed into a steel containment unit, the two seemed to lock eyes for a moment, Maeve while being dragged, and the woman in cuffs sharing an eerie grin.

“So you gave her an impossible choice?” The Chairman asked Cairo. The monitor blinked away for a while longer, “Do you believe it was due to her orders, or was it due to the preservation of what would be one of our most vital resources?”
“I believe only she can answer that Chairman” Cairo replied.
“Very-well then, please schedule Miss Glass for an Orientation, I will ask her myself.”
“And her assistant?”
“She will be brought in as an Assistant should Miss Glass’ reassignment go well. I can recognize good work.”

Part Five: Forward​

"Maeve Glass"
"And your former position?"
"Ethics Committee Member"
"Good..." the woman stops, taking a small sip of coffee, scribbling away on the paper before her. "And how long have you held this position?"
"For three years, Ma'am" Maeve replied, staring at the overly plain woman before her.
"And during this time, you spent a lot of work in reconnisance, is this your choice due to your prior DEA affiliation, or for the benefit of the committee?"
"Both. I chose to use my skills to benefit the committee- the foundation as a whole."
"I see", the woman clicked the pen shut and leaned forward, "Now, tell me. What is possible?"
"What is acceptable?"
"Interesting." The woman notes, she stands, leaving the room. Not even taking her file with her. Maeve sat still, not wishing to ruffle her uncomfortable suit. Her hands clasped together, with a keen eye to the doorway.

SCP.FND.ALL​

Subject: Assignment

Good Afternoon All,

Please see the attached assignment of the Chairwoman of the Ethics Committee Maeve Glass.

That is all.
Secure. Contain. Protect.

Maeve Glass Lore Doc (All above is in there, but incase it is prefered for reading)

Naffen

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Apr 11, 2022
+support, only suitable candidate, very deserving of the position.

• Love
Reactions: 'Athena'

Broda

Game Master
Game Master
Mar 20, 2022
+Support

The gigachad UK ECC detailed application

Excellent candidate and as an ex-Chairman myself, she has the ability and proficiency to fulfil the role.

• Love

Nugglet

Donator
Feb 17, 2022
+Support
+Good ECM
+Very Active
+Very friendly
+Good RP
+Big experience, huge

-Ethical

• Love

Tay

Feb 4, 2023
+Support

Truly, there are so many things I could say about this person, but to avoid writing a mini novel, I'll briefly summarize why this person is the best candidate for ECC>

Firstly, they are one of the driving factors behind RP on the server, not only from their outstanding events that they run, but also from the amount of RP they create currently as a ECM. This is anything from the simple, such as auditing, department check-ups, and your standard test approval; all the way to the more complex storylines that directly involved her prior ECM character.

Secondly, respect. Maeve is one of the most respectable people on the server, both showing high respect to others regardless of position/rank, and being respected due to her amazing professionalism and general conduct. Both traits are highly valued for a high-ranking player.

Thirdly, and finally, knowledge. Maeve does not only process great in-depth insight into SCP lore, but also of the server lore, its IC documents and protocol, and the FLC in its entirety. This has resulted in all her actions being made with a level of information rarely match, so people can rest assured that the choices and decisions made by Maeve are done with great insight, and with a view of how it could further benefit the server's RPs.

To further summarize, Maeve deserves the ECC position, and there is no one else suitable who even comes close to the level of which she holds.

• Love

Caeden

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Dec 21, 2021
+Support

Despite the application being for ethics, I, the unethical committee Chairman approve.

+Friendly
+Active
+Held the role for quite a long time
+Good ECM
+Brilliant lore

-Ethics

Nothing but high hopes, good luck :)

Last edited:
  • Love

Otters

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
+Support

Literally the only person who can fill this slot, just make sure to buy a new chair once you get it, Eidolon probs left marks which u cant get rid of (EC Joke, hee hee haw haw)

• Love

xCore

Sep 20, 2022
+Support

Strictly I do not know if I can leave feedback here but this app is too detailed not to. Very deserving of the role and I think this person could go far.

I wish you the best of luck!

• Love

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
+Support
-Let
him Her cook
-ECM
-Active
-Good vibes
-Ethical
-Ethical

-Ethical
-Ethical

Really the only Person I see fit for ECC, best of Luck Athena

• Love

Jack Kincaid

Mar 14, 2023
+Support
Absolute Pleasure to RP with and has created and assisted in so many different RP events and just RP in general that I believe they are fully worth seeing climb to the position of ECC.

• Love

Jonas Enry

SCP-RP Staff
Donator
Mar 4, 2023
Ireland
+support
Great ECM
Great fit for ECM
Great interactions in RP
Detailed app