[SCP-RP UK] Maeve Glass' Ethics Committee Chairman Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scopes

May 2, 2022
Michigan
+Support

Chairwoman Maeve is fire. All jokes aside even though I am US. I've talked to her and she has a really good understanding and has great leadership capabilities than any other person.

• Love
Reactions: 'Athena'

harryflynndev

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
DarkRP Staff
Platform Team
Aug 2, 2023
London, England
harryflynn.dev
+Support

I genuinely could not give a bigger positive support for this position. The work that is currently being done/has been done for the Ethics Committee is unreal and I could only imagine the things possible with Maeve at the wheel. The level of detail behind the application and Maeve's lore is a testament to what she is capable of in creating and directing roleplay.

They are genuinely the only real contender for ECC.

• Love

'The Affected'

Nov 7, 2022
As a current member of the Ethics Committee, I personally cannot see anyone better suited than Maeve for that position.

Her roleplay creation and engagement are much higher than those of most people I have met on the server.

The amount of time and thought she puts into every RP scenario she creates is enormous, and those scenarios are always interesting to take part in.

She honestly enjoys being a part of the Ethics Committee, and I am completely sure she will enjoy being its leader even more.

It is a pure pleasure to work with Maeve in the Committee, and I do look forward to having her be my leader because I know she will be a very solid Chair...woman?

Outside of the server, she is a very good friend and is easy to talk to.

She deserves this more than anyone.

I really hope to see you as our ECC!
Jack

Last edited:
  • Love

J. 'Eidolon' Shekelstein

Sep 10, 2022
+Support

Throughout your tenure as ECM you have readily employed the unique RP setting of the Ethics Committee and handled the balancing act of disguising the EC's covert duties behind the public face that we are required to keep - not only have you done this to a higher standard than anyone else in the Ethics wing of the playerbase but you have also discouraged other players in the EC and O-1 from doing things that would invite people to question the EC's hidden identity.

The documentation that you have produced both IC and OOC is of immaculate standard and demonstrates fantastic attention to detail, both of these things serve to make your documents accurate mimics of the authentic standard of documents we might find on the wiki or in actual official organisations.

Your activity and engagement with the community both IC and OOC is constant and thoroughly self-motivated which is befitting of someone in an RP leader's position. Your high level of engagement is also supplemented with proactivity in that you make a concious effort to seek out new RP settings or allow your own ideas for RP to be inspired by the actions of other players. You also take a keen interest and keep a consistent engagement with other player's passive RP, GM events and RP storylines as well as provide advice to CL4 departments on their site-wide and local policies. In the past, however, you have had to be reminded not to insert your opinion into debates taking place between departments that do not require input from the EC. With that said I do believe you now realise the fact that the EC and O-1 technically have the capacity to insert themselves into any other departments policy making processes or RP - and that the EC must exercise restraint and respect other peoples departmental boundaries in order to avoid becoming an over-burdening presence in the community.

During your first two months as an ECM you appeared a bit reluctant to hand down severe enough punishments to correct the misdemeanours of ECAs, O-1 operatives and the wider site - but with some encouragement from myself it is my opinion you now realise the relevancy of making the difficult decision to punish your own friends where necessary. You understand that ensuring your word is taken seriously and that other players must be sure that you will not compromise your own high standards for their sake - which is fundamental to preventing the degeneration of the EC and O-1's sub community and one of the underpinning reasons that we have remained as such a high-activity and impactful corner of the community for so long.

The lore entry you have created demonstrates a fantastic understanding of the SCP franchise lore as well as the more nieche lore of the EC.

Gat

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 22, 2022

+ SUPPORT

+ Active
+ Engages with the community both in and out of the server
+ Is one of the best if not the best ECM
+ Known since she was a GSD Officer and through and through she's only ever had good intentions
+ Amazing RP

+ Has personally helped me through tough shit even when she had no reason, she's just a good person overall
- Lore is lacking (Kidding, +)

Glass is a long standing ECM and an even longer standing member of CN, she is always interested in the RP of the server to the degree that she turned her old character's PK into a multi-day event that numerous MTFs and other staff were involved in.

There is truly no one better for the job.

• Love

Pyrite

Apr 13, 2023
+ Support
All has been said already yet I still wanted to leave my support, The perfect candidate for the role.
Best of luck.

• Love

boku

Sep 9, 2022
Portugal
+ Huge Support

I want to express my support for your application for the ECC position. Your extensive experience within the server and the EC, combined with your dedication to RP and your ability to create engaging scenarios, make you an exceptional candidate for this role.

Your demonstrated leadership skills, both as an ECM and in various management roles, highlight your ability to guide others and maintain a positive atmosphere. Your commitment to producing high-quality documentation, roleplay ideas, and your participation in the Cortex storyline showcase your creativity and dedication to enhancing the server's experience.

Furthermore, your understanding of the Ethics Committee's role both in roleplay and out of RP, as well as your vision to bring more involvement and openness to the community, align perfectly with the responsibilities of the Chairman.

This application shows not only your passion for the server but also your desire to contribute positively to the roleplay experience of others. I believe that your unique skills and insights will greatly benefit the Ethics Committee and the server as a whole.

Best of luck with your application, Athena.
Your dedication is inspiring, and I have no doubt that you'll continue to excel in any role you take on.
'boku'

• Love

Mark Belgrum (Dutch)

Oct 5, 2022
The Netherlands
+Support
Athena had been a part of the community for a while now and has been doing godswork on SA and ofcourse ECM. She is one of the best roleplayers I have seen on the server and I have been here for a while now.
Its time for a new Chairwoman.

• Love

Archangel

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 21, 2021
+Support

Yes, just absolutely yes! all the positive things i wanted to say have already been said by pretty much everyone!

• Love

'Athena'

Feb 24, 2023
I thought I'd write a comment of appreciation for everyone who's taken time out of their day to respond to this or wish me luck in DMs on discord. Thank you so much, I didn't expect so many responses in such a short period and I am honoured. There are things written in this thread that I didn't expect, and I've sat here absolutely bewildered by the kindness of people, and the look people have on me- which if I am entirely honest that was also unexpected. Thank you all again.

Jimmy Wrecking

Civil Gamers Expert
Apr 4, 2022
This is the biggest support I will ever give to someone; back when I was SD with Athena under me, she showcased an incredible skill in leading. There is nothing much more I can add that has not been said before. The Storylines that Edilon has/had created will be in good hands if Athena gets ECC.

• Love

James Overscott

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 10, 2021
+Support
Everything's already been said (can i get policy changes approved now?)
God bless, Ethics Committee Chairwoman

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.