Civilian name: John Baptise

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:60762189

Discord ID (name#0000): bm1731

Do you have a mic?: Yes

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK

Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications:
- First application

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
- 5 warns, 3 RDM, 1 FailRP, 1 Job abuse. Latest warn in July.

Do you have any previous experience as a staff member in a community?:
- When I was senior staff on a DarkRP community for 9 months, I was tasked with training any new staff who were accepted into the staff team where I would have to teach them the staff guidelines, how to properly hand out punishments, and how to behave as a staff member. I was also responsible for dealing with staff for any misconduct and if they broke the Staff guidelines or server rules, i would have to tell them what they have done wrong exactly, Demote them if they have caused too much damage or outright remove them if they are too negligent with their staff powers and conduct.

Do you have any previous experience with serious roleplay?:
- This server is the first time I have taken an RP server seriously, and properly immersed myself into the experience. I've never been a person much for Serious RP but ever since I joined this server, It has grown on me, and I'd like to take the next step into helping the server by joining the staff team and help improve the health and quality of the server.

How many hours can you be on everyday?:
- 3-5 hours

Why do you want to become a moderator for our server?:
- I've had a lot of fun as a regular player but I feel there is so much that I'm missing out on. I really want to unlock this extra experience and begin my career in the staff team because I love to help, and being staff is not only very enjoyable to me, but is a good way to give back to the community. I hope this will be my most enjoyable time as a staff member and that I am able to increase the quality of the server to the utmost of my ability.

What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants?:
I can be there whenever I am needed, you'll never have any issues with me concerning staff quota requirements or staff policies, and I am ready to help the server and other staff members out as much as it may be need. If I am accepted, you can be sure that I will be an excellent role model to current and new players who may join in the future. I may be very jokey or a clown but whenever the situation arises, I can and will be very mature and deal with whatever that comes up seriously, especially whenever I take sits or am on Duty. I'm also quite a patient person as you'll never see me try to bend or loophole anything in my favour, nor get impatient when dealing with a long sit.

Last edited:

Jack Kincaid

Mar 14, 2023
+Support
Great player and super friendly
Great experience
Activity started to rise recently

TheSCPAddict001

Jan 3, 2023
Hi Sonny!
Today I will be giving you a +support for the following reasons:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+ A lot of V-Time
+ Well formatted application

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-/+ 5 warns (I don't think specifically this will effect my view on your application, however it is something of note.)
-/+ Can't play for too many hours a day (This will not effect my support either, just because your hours do not meet my standards, doesn't mean they are bad.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Haven't seen you around at all

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Sonny, my final verdict on my support is that...

It isn't bad at all, in fact, I think you did the best that you could do on your application.

However, in-game could use a little work, make sure you don't break any rules again and I recommend if you haven't already, refresh yourself on the rules!

Other than this, your application is great!

(However, I can't make a definite opinion as I haven't met you at all in-game or in TS, I will make sure from now on I will look for you in-game, and then if your application isn't accepted or denied, I can give you a definite opinion. I look forward to meeting you and seeing you in-game.)

Rosalyn 'Vrda'

Jul 15, 2023
York
Hi Sonny, I will be giving you a - Support

- History of warns, while expired show a low knowledge of rules

- Holds no Whitelist or MTF positions

- No interactions

All in all I would recommend you get into a position to let you get a better knowledge of the server, it's players and it's rules.

Thank you and good luck with whatever happens, Rosalyn

Sonny

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 29, 2021

- No interactions

All in all I would recommend you get into a position to let you get a better knowledge of the server, it's players and it's rules.

Hello, I appreciate your reply, I understand that a history of warns can show troublesome behaviour or lack of knowledge. But my warns are spread over nearly 1000 hours and 2 years, none of my warns were done with malicious intent and were only misunderstandings or mistakes, which I have since learned from. It also isn't stated that I need to hold a MTF/Whitelisted role to become a member of staff.

Last edited:

Cary “Raven”

Jun 26, 2023
Neutral Support

No interactions, I will look for you on site.
Warn history isn't the best

I wish you the best of luck.

Mark Belgrum (Dutch)

Oct 5, 2022
The Netherlands

- No interactions

Not everyone needs a whitelist to become staff. Back when I was one I started with 0 whitelists.
Anyways, +Support. Friendly interactions and shows great interest in the server.

Rosalyn 'Vrda'

Jul 15, 2023
York
Not everyone needs a whitelist to become staff. Back when I was one I started with 0 whitelists.
Anyways, +Support. Friendly interactions and shows great interest in the server.
@Sonny @Don 'Dutch' Daniels

Hello,

I wanted to expand upon my point surrounding MTF and whitelists as I was also asked by staff why I include it in my decision making. Whitelist and MTF positions make up a majority of the server. It is a huge part of getting recognised and familiar with players but also massive in understanding the rules in practice. As staff 9 times out of 10 the issue isn't directly mentioned in the rules. You get that through playing and living through things. So you know at what point something is bad rp or failrp ect. I know that without my experience as Captain, CI and Nu-7, I would have struggled greatly in a lot of sits with things like raids, hostage negotiation, failrp and rdm.

Of course, That knowledge can come from reading the rules, but I do not know if you've sat there familiarising yourself to that extend, because as said, not every possible scenario is noted. Also saying you have 900+ hours but hold no high level or MTF positions came across as a bit odd to myself. As that is a lot of time to not want to expand into a position.

A big thing I look for when people apply for staff is people who understand the players and the community as they come first. If you have not touched 80 percent of the server at all, how would you handle sits relating to issues you've never heard about past reading one point in the rules?

It is not automatically a negative or a reason to deny, but it is something worth mentioning and something I would personally recommend.

Scotsman

Oct 21, 2022
Application Denied

Hi @Sonny

Thanks for taking the time to make a moderator application.

After carefully reviewing your application, I regret to inform you that it has been denied. Although you have spent a considerable amount of time on the server, some players have reported a lack of interaction with you, which suggests that you may not have fully integrated yourself into the community.

Before reapplying, I recommend that you take some time to engage more with other players on the server. Try to participate in conversations via Discord or other in-game communication channels. This will help you to build stronger relationships with other players and become a more active member of the community.

I hope that you find this feedback helpful
Kind regards
Scotsman

You may re-apply in 2 weeks​

Status
Not open for further replies.