Denied SCP RP US and UK rule suggestion: specify that D-class must follow fear rp or else it is automatically FailRP. Possibly a popup to ask to report it.

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 14, 2024
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Adds more realism potentially, and also stops d-block from being able to asspull a weapon when they come in immediatly after moving back, which does not amount to changing much other then the rule regarding FEARRP.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Unless you count the suggestion to remove/rework staff ruling 4:03, it would not be, since this post is the exact oppsite of that one which proposes d-class get more privileges and gensec "has to warn a d-class going outside of d-block" even though the airlock says "LEVEL 2 OR HIGHER CLEARANCE ONLY OR ELSE" on it in huge textscreen font,

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
1st thing would be it would make guarding d-block less annoying and more fun because you would not have to deal with hundreds of minging d-class failing to follow fear rp, followed by d-block constantly spamming in ooc moments later: "AYO LIL BRO, WHYD YOU RDM ME?" and being toxic mingebags. Sure the baiting of d-block to get gensec to be reportable for rdm is bad enough, but imagine d-block all collectively accusing you of rdm ooc, they speak to IA, you get jailed for "murder one" even though a captain has told you "ONE warning, 3 seconds to get them to process it, and if they do not listen, start blasting" which is literally what the ethical guidelines state for treatment of d-class aka DISPOSABLE DEATH ROW INMATES.

2nd reason, is it would encourage potential roleplay/actual semi-serious conversations rather then all d-class brutes/scouts MO being "troll Gensec, get them shit on by staff for RDM, post it on Youtube, gloat out of character about Gensec command/leadership being "dumbasses" for not "disciplining those working under them properly", and be toxic, rinse and repeat until they get bored or had their fun trolling Foundation.
3rd positive, is that it would prevent what happened to me a while back from happening again to anybody else. TLDR:Warned a d-class to get out of the airlock, gave him 3 seconds, blasted him after the 3 seconds, then got jailed for 5 mins because Internal Affairs thought I did the exact opposite aka "never gave him a chance to respond/did not warn him 3 times", so in this case, whos word do i disregard? my superior aka 1 OR BOTH CAPTAINS, or the IA, a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT DEPARTMENT?

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
None that I can see, as it would encourage d-class to quit being mingebags on the server 24/7 or would filter out people in d-class as a whole to those who actually give a shit about being death row inmates, while still increasing the fun factor for everybody else in the server. Who wants to deal with a trolling d-block, or like the latest incident, d-block RESCUEING 096 WHEN HE HAD A BUCKET OVER HIS HEAD aka "THE CHAMPION" and body-blocking him/preventing him from leaving (even had 096 go back into d-block on purpose because of a random target he couldn't get to which was apparently a staff member), which had the whole server collectively screaming at them ooc to let 096 leave d-block and not hoard him while stalling the breach. The only downside that could possibly arise is gensec maybe abusing the rule in some cases to get revenge on d-block if they don't like a person thats on Gensec, but from what I have seen, that would rarely happen in practice.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
to quote 2 thread comments, "I have places to patrol instead of dealing with a D class who will run and/or pull out a gun or knife the moment I put my gun away." "How are you supposed to deal with a group of three D-Class running towards 914 who feign compliance and then pull out guns immediately? What's stopping another D-Class from approaching behind you and killing you whilst you're getting a compliant D-Class in cuffs? Also, if you come across a Type-Blue and don't shoot immediately then you're essentially screwed." (reminder:A type blue can literally BLOW UP YOUR HEAD INSTANTLY IF HE SEES YOU, no wait timer, no nothing. its instant).

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    50.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    18.2 KB · Views: 44

Archangel

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 21, 2021
The rules are for everyone, especially D-Class but seeing as how 99.9% of them are minges, NITRP Players, RDMers, who have zero organizational cohesion for any sort of meaningful RP, I Get where you're coming from.

Stealth

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Dec 4, 2022
- Support

This is already a rule

Status
Not open for further replies.