SCP-RP (USA) - Ban Appeal - Charlie 'SeaJayy' Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

xSeaJayy

Sep 29, 2024
What server you were banned on: SCP-RP (USA)

Your in-game name: Charlie 'SeaJayy' Jackson

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:67926290

Ban Reason: LTARP

Date of ban: 9/29/2024

Who banned you: Republican

Ban length: 1 Day

What will you do to stop this from happening again: I am unsure as to why I was banned. Whatever rule I have broken I thoroughly apologize for, as I am unaware as to what 'LTARP' means.

Why should you be unbanned: I am a casual player who enjoys talking to and playing with the community. I don't purposefully cause chaos and if I caused a problem today I apologize. Thanks for taking the time to read/respond.

Last edited:

xSeaJayy

Sep 29, 2024
(Edit since it seems other appeals have gotten answered before mine)
I went through the rules and read up on what is considered ‘LTARP’. Previously unaware, I now see where my mistake had been made, and I would like to provide context from my point of view. Not create an excuse, just provide context.
I have around 200~ hours on gmod, which compared to some others isn’t a lot. And about 95% of those hours on gmod were spent playing TTT and prophunt when I was younger. DarkRP/RP in general is a new concept for me, and I’m still learning all the rules/regulations that go along with it. So when I make a mistake it’s out of a genuine place of innocence.

So going to the mistake I made. I was playing as a surface SCP and I was captured and brought into the SCP facility by GENSEC. I didn’t use my microphone (as I previously have been warned for failRP before due to that reason) and I believed I followed through with my RP responsibilities (I.E. being captured, not speaking/typing, looking around at people as I’m being walked through the facility). When I got brought to the containment cell, I figured that was the end of my roleplay responsibility, so I disconnected to switch to the USA server (I was on the EU server at the time and was sick of being called the ‘stupid American’ so I wanted to swap haha). Whilst on the US server I received my ban, which added to my confusion as I hadn’t been logged on for long before I was banned, and then shortly after I made this post.

Now comes the part where I start to beg. I struggle to make friends. It’s sad to say but as a nearly 26 year old I have a total of 2 friends (one I game with and an acquaintance I work with). And it sucks, to be honest. I truly crave socialization and I struggle to do it in person due to not being comfortable in most social settings and also working in a warehouse with 90% older dudes that only care about complaining about their wives. So this server has been extremely cathartic for me in that sense. I’ve been able to log on, be silly and chat with some other silly/fun people, and I get to have a blast. And hopefully I’ll be allowed to continue having a blast with the community, and maybe in the future become even more involved than casually.

So to conclude, I thoroughly and genuinely apologize if I ruined/lessened the experience of others due to leaving when I wasn’t supposed to, and I will not do that again as now I know better and am aware of terms such as ‘LTARP’ and others. I have read through the rules and plan to follow them.
Thank you again for taking the time to read/respond!

Johnathan Doe

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Group Moderator
Jan 31, 2023
Appeal Denied

Hi @xSeaJayy

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

Your ban timer is now up and you are unbanned. The reason for denial is as you said in your follow up comment that you was captured by Foundation and was taken for sampling but left before they could sample. When you are a captured SCP you shouldn't attempt to disconnect for at least 30min if people are interacting with you. If you have not been interacted with while detained after around 10-15min contact staff and seek approval for a job change or disconnect.

Status
Not open for further replies.