SCP-RP (USA) - Ban Appeal - Randolph Edmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Hogarth

Jun 29, 2022
What server you were banned on: SCP-RP (USA)

Your in-game name: Randolph Edmund

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:244919976

Ban Reason: Toxcity

Date of ban: 6/25

Who banned you:
Yellow

Ban length: 1 week

What will you do to stop this from happening again: I wasn't being toxic leading up to my ban or for the 4 previous warnings. I believe there is a misunderstanding by Yellow and one other staff member (forget her name) as to what toxicity means. There is a clear and distinct difference between insults and toxicity, especially playful insults or those apart of RP. Most of these warnings were inquired while I was being arrested I would yell "Come get me pussy" while laughing and in a playful tone. Other times I would call somebody "stfu bitch" or something along those lines. Neither are in any manner toxic, and I believe that the staff members who warned and banned me misunderstood the situation. According to Oxford languages toxic means "very harmful or unpleasant in a pervasive or insidious way." In no manner were my insults harmful or unpleasant as most of the recipients would laugh and others would repeat something similar back. Neither were these insults pervasive or insidious, leaving there no room for these insults to be toxic. Toxicity refers to something such as encouraging suicide or spreading harmful disinformation. By calling somebody a pussy I am only insulting the person, who can mute me if need be, or learn to ignore words that have no control over their life or anyone else's. It is simple and acceptable that a death row inmate would frequently insult their caretakers far more than calling them a pussy ass bitch. And for the matter such insults are in now way harmful, they are just funny and negligible. For this reason I believe my ban as well as the warns leading up to it are unprovoked and should be overturned.

Why should you be unbanned: For the reasons above I feel I did not break any rule and have only one or possibly two other warnings that were not toxicity from Yellow and the lady who banned me previously. I have an extensive history on this server which I believe is why I was warned and banned as these staff members assume I'm a minge for having extensive warnings, which I used to be for the most part, but no longer find it enjoyable to constantly troll. I may accidently break a rule from time to time such as the misconception I had regarding fear RP not applying to a safetied weapon, but I don't minge and certainly am not toxic. For this, I believe my ban and warns should be repealed and believe the ban being removed is justified. If you are still reading this then thank you and have a nice day.

Apr 11, 2024
Hello Randolph, thank you for taking the time to make an appeal.

To start, I would like to clarify that your in-game name at the time of the ban was Jack "The Stripper."

In addition to my own direct observations, I have received clips from another player highlighting your toxicity in-game.
Both of these clips observe you acting extremely disrespectful toward other players, including throwing several direct insults and excessively swearing. These, as well as the consideration of your four warnings/bans for Toxicity in the past six months, have lead to this current ban.

Regarding your definition of toxicity, please refer to the following text from our staff handbook:
A sensitive situation is any situation where:
  • A player is being severely harassed or bullied,
  • A player's mental or physical health is at risk (e.g. threats of self-harm are made),
  • Any English law is in danger of being broken, or has been broken, through use of our servers or community.
Sensitive situations are considered more severe than regular Toxicity or Severe Toxicity, and better fits the description you gave for Toxicity. Please note that this is not the classification I am giving for the current case.

Kind regards, Yellow

Last edited:

Jeff Hogarth

Jun 29, 2022
As you can see in both of those clips I did not break any English laws, I didn't threaten a player's mental health in any manner, and wasn't harassing or bullying a person as my insults were conducted in the short time of my arrest. I did not seek out or follow the individual reporting me, I simply insulted him in the moment which doesn't qualify as either harassment or bullying as they must be repeatedly sought out individuals as a standard of both. In either clip you provided I simply insulted the ambassador who was arresting me, which is very logical to do so in RP as he is arresting me, and neither before nor after did I seek out and harass or bully the ambassador or anyone else for that matter. Nothing I did was in the manner of toxicity following the guidelines you provided, and I am requesting the warns and ban be repealed as such.

As per the naming con which was unrelated but within the same time frame of my ban, 'Jack "the stripper" (thought I changed it before this incident but o well) I assumed would be ok as the "the stripper" is out of character and in quotations. After being told that is not the case I accepted that as well as the warn for it, which is only the second or third naming con-warn I've had in the year+ time I've played this server. This appeal however is unrelated to the name-con as I understand that warning, I do not however believe the warning for toxicity to be within the server's guidelines.

Last edited:

Harold Hawks

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Mar 12, 2023
America
Appeal Denied

Hi @Jeff Hogarth ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

Yellow is incorrect in saying that this was a sensitive situation but this was still ban-worthy given the amount of stacked toxicity warnings you have.

In the short time that you have been back, you have had an excessive amount of bans and warns for any player to have. Through the evidence provided it was clear that you were being toxic as you were not only calling this player a "bitch" and a "pussy" but calling him a loser in a bullying manner, mind you, all of which was not acceptable. Given the fact that this was actually your 6th ban in a period of two months and putting your history into account, I don't believe you are on the right track to continue playing on our server and need some more time to readjust.

I will be adding onto your ban with a Stacked Bans [X] which increases it by 26 weeks.
I seriously recommend you adjust your behavior before continuing to play on our server.

You may re-appeal in 4 weeks.​

Status
Not open for further replies.