Accepted SCP-RP USA Emergency lighting HCZ Change

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Davn

Aug 30, 2023
Before I tell you my suggestion let me set the scene….

[Clearance level 4]
ozNxN7x8J_XHehd4pqqxOC59JE4MVW68qZiEdHSVEt-VbcUZP2yWdlhwYgaRaGOeSY_SZjEaxO0fiAiXEtQJ6oRezjmdHwFq17teM6d56_RiGAQJ8qmhNaupziXCpMST-gF-OFDTw64m-aurZ2LYENs

SITE STATUS…..CODE 3

LAST CL4 LOG.....

[SCP-079 breached!! SCP-[REDACTED] IS RUNING RAMPANT TAKING OVER HCZ LOCKING IT DOWN FROM THE INSIDE DO NOT ENTER DO NOT ENTERDO NOT ENTERDONOT ENTERDONOTENTERDONOTENTER DONT LET IT TOUCH YOU.(UNINTELLIGIBLE) ] ENDLOG…..

LIGHTING STATUS….. UNRESPONSIVE
AUTO ROOTING - EM LIGHTING

HCZ STATUS
….. PRIMARY BULKHEAD 32% INTEGRITY.
….. SECONDARY BULKHEAD 96% INTEGRITY.
….. HCZ-LHCZ ACTIVE BREACH [SCP- REDACTED]
….. DISPENSERS STATUS….. OFFLINE.
….. TESLA STATUS….. OFFLINE.

HCZ CC STATUS…..

….. CONTAINMENT STATUS…..
TG-A….. CONTAINED
TG-B….. CONTAINED
SCP-9000-A….. CONTAINED
SCP-9000-B….. CONTAINED
SCP-049….. CONTAINED
SCP-096….. CONTAINED
SCP-966….. CONTAINED
SCP-939-A….. CONTAINED
SCP-939-B…ERROR
ERRORERRORERRORERRORERRORERRORERRORERRORERRORERRORERRORERRORERRORERRORERRORERROR ERROR.
01000111 01001111 01000100 00100000 01001000 01000101 01001100 01010000
ELECTR ICAL TAMPERING DETECTED…..
UNKNOWN COMMAND…..
SOURCE….. [SCP-REDACTED] CC

01001001 00100000 01001000 01000001 01010110 01000101 00100000 01010100 01001111 00100000 01000111 01000101 01010100 00100000 01001000 01001111 01001101 01000101 00100000 01010100 01001111 00100000 01001101 01011001 00100000 01000010 01000001 01000010 01011001 00100000 01000111 01001001 01010010
ELECTR ICAL TAMPERING DETECTED…..
UNKNOWN COMMAND…..
SOURCE….. [SCP-REDACTED] CC
…..EMERGENCY STOP…..
0sp8PKT1YQQ018gtlxupgcpaMlGjmQygSFJeib9e5P7cJLbudCzGBzvtLsDgjf-PVNBPNUT3SCUuus8CAgWpzGUMvJsy0L6_DUB6U6gu_lGEM0g8LyMB_W4Ltukx4PTR__cfwIp4Oo9Mq3QoQNuc05s

…..WARNING.....
…..WARNING.....
…..WARNING.....
…..HCZ STATUS…..
….. PRIMARY BULKHEAD 16% INTEGRITY.
…..EM POWER DIVERTED
….. PRIMARY BULKHEAD 12% INTEGRITY.
…..EM POWER LOW
….. PRIMARY BULKHEAD 8% INTEGRITY.
…..EM POWER SHUTDOWN IN 5 SECONDS
….. PRIMARY BULKHEAD 4% INTEGRITY.
…..HAVE A NIC…..I’M FREE…..

( Now that the scene is set, the emergency lights in HCZ don't do much of anything and let alone don't add much ominous effect or ambient lighting, I think we should replace all emergency lighting in heavy containment with ceiling mounted lights that spin around briefly lighting up the room with a red light spinning in circles, For instance the light will light up part of the room completely spinning in circles completing its Circle every second so for a brief time you get a glimpse at what you're staring at as the light spins, this will add a much-needed ominous effect as well as providing emergency lighting. the lighting in question will be the same one outside of D-Block on the ceiling when you initiate a lockdown, all you have to do is replace the models and add the lighting effect which shouldn't be too difficult as you shouldn't have to create it yourself, it should all be in the game files that you already have.

This would greatly improve the server as the majority of E-11 and people that come down to heavy containment All agree that the emergency lighting really doesn't do anything, barely Illuminating 5 inches away from the light itself. the ceiling mounted spiral light will add a whole different feel to the game, making it more ominous, making it more remarkable, and generally Improving the quality. And if you're not convinced yet just imagine it, you're walking down a hallway as the light spins over you briefly lighting up ahead of you before you stop, seeing an SCP making its way towards you only getting a glimpse at it every second as the light spins getting closer and closer, I'm sure every single person in the server will love this.)

What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
[Response here] This will remove the outdated emergency Lighting and replace it with overhead Spinning emergency lights.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
[Response here] Not to my knowledge.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
[Response here]Firstly it'll be a great quality of life update.
secondly it'll greatly improve breaches making them way more remarkable.
thirdly the majority of the people I have spoken to have shown approval of this idea making it a ideal change.
And for my fourth reason it'll provide emergency lighting unlike the Old version that we have.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
[Response here]When we first implement the new lighting the light draw distance might need to be tweaked and changed until it's right but with all changes it's not perfect on the first try.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
[Response here]Because the majority of people that I've spoken to highly agree with this and believe that it will make the server a better place with it, And will overall increase all aspects of emergency lighting, this will be a great change and I'm sure everyone will love it.

Reactions: Lord_Fr3ze

Lord_Fr3ze

Senior Developer
Senior Developer
Mapping Team
Content Team
Jan 3, 2022
I always appreciate suggestions regarding atmospheric changes to improve immersion, and I would love to implement this. But there's a small problem with this, because the emergency lighting you see all around the site besides D-Block are lua entities and are controlled via the lighting system that we made. Meanwhile, the lights in D-block are map entities, so this would mean that these lights need to be put into the map manually. While this won't be such a huge issue as we can just make the lighting system turn these on, it would just take a bit of time.

And I guess while I am doing this, I can also look at adding a bit of fog, similar to how we did that for Floor 3, makes it a bit more immersive.

Also, it's probably hard to notice, but the fan in the HCZ-Middle room also emits lighting and represents the blades on the ground when there moving.

Reactions: Max Henry

Mural

Civil Gamers Expert
Jun 8, 2021
+support

Emergency lights IRL are normally off but when there is a power cut (i.e an emergency) they have a battery that will last for around 1/2 hours for evacuations to occur obvs 1/2 hours is a lot but maybe 2/3 minutes of very strong bright lights in very limited spots would be cool and more realistic in the event of emergencies and then fully off after the time delay (battery runs out)

Sorry Fr3ze good luck making this if accepted!

Joris "Brexit" Bohnson

Sep 10, 2023
+Support

This would be a brilliant change IMO, it would give HCZ a much more dangerous feel in the dark rather than the current "Oh the lights are off, ugh that is annoying"

It would also give the game more spooky potential in the dark

Michael Dzhetnikov

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 22, 2022
I always appreciate suggestions regarding atmospheric changes to improve immersion, and I would love to implement this. But there's a small problem with this, because the emergency lighting you see all around the site besides D-Block are lua entities and are controlled via the lighting system that we made. Meanwhile, the lights in D-block are map entities, so this would mean that these lights need to be put into the map manually. While this won't be such a huge issue as we can just make the lighting system turn these on, it would just take a bit of time.

And I guess while I am doing this, I can also look at adding a bit of fog, similar to how we did that for Floor 3, makes it a bit more immersive.

Also, it's probably hard to notice, but the fan in the HCZ-Middle room also emits lighting and represents the blades on the ground when there moving.
Wait, you guys like atmospheric updates? When new code black alarm?

Reactions: Max Henry

Auburn

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Group Moderator
Jan 2, 2023
Suggestion Approved

Hi Chris,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as accepted.​

Status
Not open for further replies.