SCP-RP (USA) - GM Application - Jay 'Corvid'/Papa Crust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay "Corvid"

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Jun 5, 2024
What server are you applying for: SCP-RP (USA)

Your Username: Jay 'Corvid'/Papa Crust

Your SteamID:
STEAM_0:0:77430527

Discord Username: Mexiimex

What's your current playtime: Over the past month its 7 days but in the achievement I have 1.9m secs or 22.4 days.

Do you have a mic:
Yes I do.

Your characters name: Jay 'Corvid' Or Michio 'The Innkeeper'

Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications:
This is my first application.

Have you received any kicks/warns/bans, and if so, why: No warns/kicks or bans.

How many hours can you be on everyday: Between 3-5 hours and more on weekends.

Do you have any previous experience as a Gamemaster/Event Manager in a community:
Yes, quite a while back in my Teens I was an Events manager for a DarkRP server where I would host quite large scale events involving map creation and other smaller ones with specific districts.

Why would you like to become a Gamemaster:
Becoming a GM has always kept my interest, curating special and unique interactions is always something I strive for just by playing my role and using interesting (Within Rules) Pac creation and having the tools to be able to expand these experiences I believe to be my next step forward. Proforming RP enhancements is something I enjoy and if i had the tools at my disposal I believe that more creative and emmersive environments would be created throughout Site65 and surface.

What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants:
While I believe that every applicant has an equal chance of being picked. My edge is that I have been both a GM in Garrys mod before but also a DM for dungeons and dragons for 8 years now and I believe my storytelling is far above par for the course. Environmental storytelling is something i strive for and that context clues (Rather then signs or pushing people in the right direction) creates more immersive experiences without it feeling forced. Straight telling people "You have to do this" isn't the way to create immersion.

Please List 3 small event ideas (Which would involve at least one side of the server):
One.) Marshall Carter and Dark is a favorite GOI for me (Shoutout MC&D Manager Janus). Curating small SCP environmental effects that all SOP can interact with for a temporary time would be one of the small/tiny events I would enjoy running a few times a week. One such example would be SCP-1783: a cardboard cutout dog. This SCP is safe and can be interacted with. Bringing it dog food and water will reward the player with a positive effect. BUT if anyone with B- type Blood enters the CC. It will immediately become hostile towards the player and attack them. Blood tests will be done before anyone enters the CC.

Two.) A strange hue surrounds the oven in PW hallway. Any foods cooked inside this oven seem to come out altered. The humes on this oven seem low and upon closer inspection with night vision goggles. The oven is possessed by what seems to be a benign but playful floating spirit.
Unsure whether it's safe or not is for the foundation to discuss. the food exits with differing colours. some more lethal than others. (as for the setup for this, I believe i can setup the SCP reality bending swep to manually place the coloured portals from 8837 on any food that exits the oven (Or just use a dupe), I would roll a die to see what effect each piece of food does and what effect it will give the player who eats it.)

Three.) Cracking sounds come from the storage room (Any side of the server). A mirror glowing a brilliant light seems to be emanating some form of radiation. After the correct personnel move the mirror to a more safe location, some Hume detecting and geiger counting later they bring a D-class/Willing subject to come interact with the mirror. The subject is blinded in a white emanance while their mind is transported into a plane of nothingness. Greeted only by their own reflection. After 15 or so seconds pass the reflection begins to act on its own. Telling the subject that unless they admits to his wrongdoings that they wont be sent back. Sins, Personal quarrels, arguements, wrong intentions. Each subject must admit 1 single thing to the mirror before they are sent back. their minds altered with the memory that they must forgive whatever their wrongdoing is. (This may cause psych evals to be created and I'm sorry medical team. I know they're tedious :D)

Please List an map change event idea (Involving both sides and the entire server):
A Drill has appeared inside the foundation courtyard. After closer inspection it has the symbol of a Golden N on a red star background. Confused, anyone below a clearence 3 has no clue at the signs and by the time anyone of the correct clearance arrives the drill has left anyone with a recolletion/photo of the symbol or the logo explain to the clearance 4+ and they start to panic this is the G.R.U. Division-P a thought to be extinct russian plot. The drill leaving a tunnel leading underground forcing the foundation to guard the entrance from GOI's else risking someone getting an easy ticket into the foundation. Interacting with this tunnel takes any SOP/CI/UN to the Cross testing chamber. Where a jagged metal explosive ordinance lay in a room filled with rubble and the drill not to be seen. CI are welcome to try to guard the ordinence. giving it time to explode. UN/Foundation need to attempt to hack the device, attempting to disarm it. In any case, whether it explodes causing shrapnel to imbed into the walls and eliminate any living matter within the cross testing chamber. or is defused. Another report, a loud scraping noise can be heard from inside 939's CC. The drill has landed inside the chamber. Another bomb placed infront of the door. This will have worsening effects. Failure to defuse will cause a breach of the 939 instances. Success will save the foundation once more. The last bomb. Placed directly in the center of PW Loop. Failure to defuse this last explosive will cause immense structual damage to the center of the loop, the room becoming unusable and a clear visible failure for the foundation to look at. (At least til its all patched up). and success in finding an anomolous element inside the drill. An inimate object that eminates quantom fields causing distortion around it. a Trophy but also a new SCP to discover. A rock that when interacted. teleports the user to a black, space like void (a space room in the gm plane) and soon after returns them but vary rarely, there's something inside. (probably last a week or two and gm's can mess with the inside to variety for the rock's ability/room)

List an example mission for each of the following (O-1, A-1, Nu-7, E-11, CI, UNGOC & Foundation Staff):
O-1: A truck arrives at the gates of the foundation. They claim to be Wilson's Wildlife Solutions and they had heard there was a pair of magical dogs being abused within the foundation. Speaking in lingo and safari terms they demand to at least visit these creatures and give them the food and water they deserve. Warning that if the ethical standards of looking after these animals is not upheld there would be consiquences but also a reward if there is documentation of the 939 instances being fed for the next week. Dog food and water at the very least, twice a day. This will mostly be an event that highlights the Wilsons Wildlife GOI and the characters are the focus, checking up on the O-1 every now and again. But a reward will be granted at completion :)

A-1: Whurring and ticking sounds in LCZ. the room which holds SCP-012 seems to have something grinding against the concrete wall. After being discovered by lower clearences, the wall is broken open to reveal a clockwork device. Once touched it begins to emit a beacon like signal, not 10 mins go past before at the front gates are cloaked figures that seem to be emitting a low ticking sound, any attempt at removing their robes will reveal their brass-clockwork nature. They request that they interact with the clockwork artifact. A-1's job is to ensure that the Church of the broken god are not to be mentioned and to be kept classified to all those below clearence 5 excluding ISD. SOP and Site Admins. Their decision whether to let them in willingly, allowing them to take the device, interact with it, and then leave the site promptly. Or deny them the object will cause ripples. Denying them will allow the object to be stored temporaraly in HCZ Inanimate behind a CL4 Door. The Church will attempt assulting this room to get their artifact back. Or letting them leave with it, unknowing what event they will start later in the future.

Nu-7 (And extention of DEA): A localized snowstorm has swept over the courtyard of the Canadian Military base, The CI have aquired an object that summons extreme weather within the area designated in hopes of causing enough distortion and disorientation to be able to raid. This event will be a CQC and Reaction time test as visibility will be extremely low. Finding the object and destroying it will remove the snowstorm but it will require teamwork and dedication to push through the assault and conquer over the chaos insurgency.

E-11: A cognitohazard spreads through the lower half of HCZ. A form of gas that seems to cause immense nausia, vomiting and after prolongued exposure even death. After searching rooms it eventually is to be found to be 682, left outside his acid and with a half empty bottle of sulfer; emitting a form of sulphuric gas. his scales yellow and corrosive. While 682 appears immobile as his feet have melted into the floor while emitting this gas. asking chemists they suggest potassium due to its neutralizing effect on sulpher. If left untreated it will begin to emit throughout the site further. once 682 has been injected he yellow scales fade and can be passified and returned to his acid to remove any regeneration he accumulated.

CI: A bullet whiz past CI Scouts, a sniper glint in the distance. Sitting still is no longer an option. Reporting in they ask the foundation and the UN. Neither group admit to having men in the area. CI begin to mobilize. Encircling the last known position. finds a makeshift nest of leaves and snow and a letter? The assailant missing. Another crack, an insurgent goes down. A new position? A new sniper? A little more prepaired this time they encircle quickly, but nothing remains minus some footsteps into the snow and another nest, another letter. following the footsteps is exactly what the assailant expects. Crack. Shots fired in the direction of the noise, no nest this time but there seems to be a black blood like solution on the ground, someone or something got hit they're on hind legs and we won't have much time until they go missing forever. One more crack and if nothing more is hit. they're gone in the wind. returning another day. IF a lethal blow is dealt. there lays a body, black android measuring 1.83 m tall and weighs 100kgs. the numbers 031 sown into its left upper arm. The android seems to be self healing and retroreflective panels begin to relight as where the android once was is a reflection of the snow, not beamed and cuffed the android escapes there. otherwise it can be questioned and weaponised against another GOI if the codeword "Anderson" is used. (This could be used for any SOP)

UnGOC: A church has been erected overnight in the hills hidden infront of the UN base. After some inspection all the windows are a shade of blood red, laced with black. symbolism lines the inside walls and a trio of cultist members await inside. A large red carving in the ground in the shape of oroboros and human remains scattered around. Introducing themselves as members of a religious standing (those of correct clearence will recognise symbols and reasonings as Neo-Sarkism. I have a whole speach planned out). Ultimately whether the UN decide to leave them to finish their current ritual (This won't be world ending or anything. it will purely be a choice of ethics.) Or to fight the Sarkits. They have thaumatorgical powers rivalling those of the type-greens which they will know before engaging.

Foundation: The Monolith. A strange rectangle made of an unknown material that absorbs all light, making it appear as if it's a void rather than a physical object appears in rooms seemingly at random. Engraved with symbols and empty slots, as if there were pieces missing. scattered throughout the foundation are small cubes with similar hieroglyphics as those on the monolith. Placing them in the correct order (Code of lines and dots) eventually causes The Monolith to become stable, remaining in place, interacting allows for minor temporal manipulations, such as slowing down or speeding up time within a localized area. (Speeding the player up or down randomly)

I hope these sounds enjoyable, any and all suggestions are welcome down below in the comments. I appreciate every reply and comment positive or negative. Thanks for reading :D

Raixin

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
Mar 17, 2024
Application Accepted

Hi @Jay "Corvid"

Thanks for taking the time to make a gamemaster application.

After deliberation, we have decided to accept your application, congratulations!

Please wait in TS Interview Waiting Room at your earliest convenience and get in contact with me (Raixin) Grizzly or Pawz on discord.​

Status
Not open for further replies.