SCP-RP (USA) - GM Application - Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2023
What server are you applying for: SCP-RP (USA)

Your Username: Shark

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:120907744

Discord Username: _.shark._

What's your current playtime: 1d 23hr 46m 32s within the past month. 1700 hours total.

Do you have a mic: Yes

Your characters name: O5-3 "The Emissary" | Foundation
Jonathan "Ranger" | Civilian
Axel "Megaladon" | Chaos Insurgency
Robin "Shark" | UNGOC

Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications: Yes

Have you received any kicks/warns/bans, and if so, why: I've received 1 ban and 3 warns. One ban was reversed and was for minor glitching. 1 FailRP warn and 2 RDM warns. The RDM warns were from when I was first playing the server as MC&D/Parawatch and didn't fully understand their rules. I do not recall what the FailRP warn was for.

How many hours can you be on everyday: At minimum 1 hour but more often 2-4.

Do you have any previous experience as a Gamemaster/Event Manager in a community: Yes, I originally ran the event team on a previous half life 2 based server for five years. While I was Head Gamemaster I:

Created several major events alongside storylines for the overall server.
Made specialized objectives & events for individual factions or divisions.
Managed and expanded upon several gameplay experiences of previously under-used jobs (example, civilians.)
Placed people in charge that continued to promote better experiences and interesting roleplay.
Ensured the prosperity of the GM Team far after I resigned.

Why would you like to become a Gamemaster: I've enjoyed constructing and assisting in GM events as an RP leader (more recently, Project "Buckshot", the HL2 event, etc) but I want to expand my permissions so I can better create roleplay scenarios for players.

What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants: I bring a lot of experience in previous communities to the table. I also have experience in this community both as someone who assists in events and as someone who creates them. I have a position as an RP Leader (O5) so I'm already entrusted with creating roleplay for the entirety of the site and outside it. I hope I could lend my expertise to eventually guide and improve together with other GMs. I'm also keen to learn about the specialized tools on this server as well as the experiences groups of players want.

Please List 3 small event ideas (Which would involve at least one side of the server): Server Maintenance - A group that claims to be sent from RAISA attempt to perform maintenance on several Foundation electronics. These technicians are who they claim to be however they have additional goals besides repairing the site's electronics. RAISA has sent them to find out why exactly the containment breaches are happening so often on Site-65 and who to point the finger at if there is someone.

Ambrose Restaurants Food Truck - A mysterious food truck serving some unusual food pops up in Pinewood. The civilian population and nearby GOIs will have to determine whether the taste is worth the after effects. MC&D can work with the food truck to receive special rewards in exchange for special ingredients.

"Nobody" - A strange figure is seen roaming the site offering previously unknown knowledge about the anomalous, however he is not as benevolent as he seems. He will pursue goals of his own within the Foundation and may resort to extreme measures to complete them.

Please List an map change event idea (Involving both sides and the entire server): (I would like to preface this with I do not believe map change events on SCP-RP would be something I would try to do personally.)

All Site-65 personnel are evacuated to Site-314 in Nunavut due to a SCP-008 outbreak caused by the Chaos Insurgency.. Chaos Insurgency Command hears of this and prepares to assault Site-314 to finish what they started. Non-combatives are told to hunker down and prepare a means of escape for staff or annihilation of the enemy forces. Combatives fight for control of the surface area of the site before falling back onto the site while R&D prepares their project. The Chaos Insurgency win if they stop the project and massacre the staff, the Foundation win if they evacuate or annihilate all the insurgents.

List an example mission for each of the following (O-1, A-1, Nu-7, E-11, CI, UNGOC & Foundation Staff): O-1 | A Researcher is researching particularly strange things. He's using the guise of being under orders from Site Inspection to use several D-Class for almost cult-like purposes. It's up to Omega-1 to find out what exactly this Researcher is doing and whether it's as simple as ethics violations or something more sinister.

A-1 | Several electronics begin to fail on Floor 3 and hazardous artwork have been placed all across the floor. A letter shows up in the bunks with an encrypted code that leads A-1 to hunt down who or what exactly did this.

Nu-7 | A squad of soldiers from the Canadian Military are stranded after their vehicle mysteriously malfunctioned. It's up to Nu-7 to investigate what exactly caused their vehicle to malfunction or if the soldiers are really who they say they are.

E-11 | An anomalous infection begins ravaging specific members of the site. E-11 must quarantine and create preliminary containment procedures to stop the infection from spreading too far. Later on, they need to investigate whether this infection came from outside of inside the Foundation.

CI | Communications are received from High Command, they have a new objective on the site. A new set of thorium fuel rods are being delivered to the nuclear reactor on Site-65. It's up to the insurgency to intercept this delivery to cripple their power supply. They may also be able to use these rods for their own purposes within their cell.

UNGOC | Pinewood Medical receives an unusually large donation from an anonymous benefactor. The medical teams begin buying special medicine from an unknown supplier and it seems the medicine works not dissimilar to KTE-500. However, each time the medicine is taken, the biology within the person changes drastically after an hour. Sometimes it's harmless, other times it results in immediate death. It's up to the UNGOC to determine where these pills are coming from and what exactly they do.

Foundation Staff | Site Administration is hosting a cooking competition where the best chef receives $2,000! A panel of judges along with the esteemed Remy "Rat" will determine whose dish is best.

Aithaed

SCP-RP Staff
Aug 5, 2024
+Support, Excellent prior experience and good roleplay.

Raixin

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
Mar 17, 2024
Application Accepted

Hi @Shark

Thanks for taking the time to make a gamemaster application.

After deliberation, we have decided to accept your application, congratulations!

Please wait in TS Interview Waiting Room at your earliest convenience and get in contact with me (Raixin) Grizzly or Pawz on discord.​

Status
Not open for further replies.