Denied SCP-RP USA - Lay down on medical beds

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvin Garden

Jul 1, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
My suggestion is for the beds located in the Medical Center be equipped with the ability for patients to actually lay down on them. This would be done similarly to the Disease Diagnosis machines. There are beds that would need this ability in the following locations; Quarantine Room, SCP-500 containment (formerly the surgery room). I believe the beds in the combat medic bunks and the doctor spawn do not need this ability, due to the potential for minge.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
I believe someone suggested a bed that heals you while laying on it, but this is not that. I simply want the ability for my patients to lay on a bed instead of being forced to crouch or sit on it.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
1. This would greatly enhance RP, especially for things like surgeries where it is very important that the patient stay still for RP being "unconscious" which has proven to be very difficult in the past.
2. It also allows the beds to be more than just props, and be used more regularly in RP.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
1. Similar to the diagnosis machines, there is potential for people to hop in the bed and then refuse to leave. I believe this is solved by the fact that both the beds I am suggesting are behind CL3+ doors.
2. I would also assume that like the diagnosis machines, when someone is sitting in them you can actually purchase them and lock them because it counts as a "vehicle." (That getting fixed isn't the point of this suggestion post though)

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I believe that the RP benefits and potential outweigh any minging that may occur, especially due to the clearance level of the respective doors these beds are located behind. At the very least, I think the Quarantine room deserves to have this ability.

Dalton

May 17, 2022
New York, USA
+ Support, been pushing for this myself for over a year. Surgery RP would bring a MUCH NEEDED thing to medical.

Ventz

Owner
Ventz
Group Moderator
Dec 19, 2020
Most likely can't happen because they are static props, you can at least sit on them though

I guess we could perma prop invisible hl2 pods on them though

Rushi

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Content Team
Group Moderator
May 23, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Marvin Garden,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.

The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion because unfornately this would not be possible. We've already attempted to perma prop the HL2 Pod in the past to allow this, but it doesn't work.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Status
Not open for further replies.