Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 27, 2022
Name: Plug

Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:55986908

Please state if it is for SCP-RP UK or USA:SCP USA

Level of appeal (2 or 3):3 (I'd assume since it involves NL now)

Have you already carried out a level 1 appeal - please give details: I was told to make a demotion appeal and that there was no level 1.

Who did you carry out the level 1 appeal to, and where: I was told there is no level 1 and go straight to the forums.

Rank demoted from: Site Director

Who demoted you?: Super Admin Mercer

Date of demotion?: 1/25/2024

What is the case against you?: "The reasoning for this removal is because of your lack of contributions as SD in regard to roleplay, actively hindering it in some cases. In addition, it seems you try to discourage RP, and have been noted in the past as constantly trying to fault GOC players for minor inconveniences that do not have any reason for being a large issue as they have been."

Is this true?: I will say I have been hostile towards GOC but as a way to create more RP and no way have I hindered it for them (Maybe a few instances of denying a test because of reasons at the time).

Prior to this demotion, have you ever been demoted?: Yes.

Please list any previous roleplay demotion appeals: N/A

What is your side of the story?: I don't really have a side of story besides the evidence being opinion based with no real proof. The only "proof" I've been given was a GOC CPT reporting a DEA Agent to the Site Director so I told them to follow the proper chain of command. It's also not like I didn't deal with the issue either because I reported it to a Special Agent and posted the clip in external affairs senior. I may have been rude about it but that's because people haven't been following the proper chain of command. Next for another reason of my removal is a survey that was done about me but it doesn't show any actual proof. I would also like to point out that if I am causes issues why wasn't given any warnings? I legit have no clue what half of these survey answers are talking about though as I haven't been given an example just words and no proof. Lastly is me not contributing to roleplay which I completely disagree with I am constantly interacting with events and players. I try to set up fun scenarios for a lot of departments. I don't understand where this is coming from were I don't "RP" as again there isn't any sort of example given to me just words. In my opinion I can't fully give a side of a story as no examples have been brought to me. If any NL would like to speak with me my discord is chad1.

Canoon

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Jul 23, 2022
The matter is being reviewed by the Network Leadership team, and a response will be provided shortly.

Canoon

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Jul 23, 2022
Hi Plug,

Thank you for taking the time to submit this appeal.

This response constitutes the response of the entire Network Leadership team, and all members of the team have reviewed this post prior to it being posted.

Firstly, the Network Leadership team has considered your application, as well as the supplemental statement that you provided before any decision has been made in relation to this matter. For the purposes of transparency, I shall post that here.

"Okay I will say I don't think I have created any issues recently maybe before in which NL/SL told us to stop so we did. I had just started working with GOC on a entire plan (you can look in SA forums) to work on relations with GOC in which we had a meeting with blackout on what we are going to do to make GOC/Foundation RP fun for both people looking for combat and roleplay. So I would say I had been trying to work with UNGOC to try and create more RP for each other. Next inside the foundation I had been constantly trying to make RP. For example I would typically be in D-Block helping out junior researchers with their tests or leading events. This claim of "failure to create rp" is false. I am constantly on site leading breaches etc. I understand that survey was made and people said some pretty bad things about me. In which I don't believe to be true at all. For example the claim of "I don't do anything in SA is false." As most the time I am not needed as a site manager can do a lot of things and I don't want to micro manage and let the people in Site Admin have their fun. Next would be the claim I don't care what my Site Advisors think when voting which just isn't true the only instant of this was when a LOT of people applied and everyone was very mixed on who they wanted almost every vote was split so I just decided who I thought was the best (The former -1/ethics chairman). Onto the next one claiming I block RP in event which just isn't true at all. For example we had an event in HCZ with some secret tunnels which I decide to make redacted to CL3+ make it more fun for everyone in which it did. I had IA helping in the event since they typically don't get involved in anything. In which after it seemed like a lot of them enjoyed.

Onto the other claim of me lacking any interested in RPing with GOC which isn't true. I may not be constantly working with them but for most RP with GOC I want them to come to me. I do let my other SA make fun RP scenarios with them which they're actively doing I shouldn't have to be involved in everything I will simply just get burnted out (I already sorta am). Lastly is the claim I am very aggressive which is true I am a bold hot headed person not much I can do about that but I do try."

In relation to the reason for your demotion, you have provided this, which seems to be a fair summation of the reason for your demotion.

"The reasoning for this removal is because of your lack of contributions as SD in regard to roleplay, actively hindering it in some cases. In addition, it seems you try to discourage RP, and have been noted in the past as constantly trying to fault GOC players for minor inconveniences that do not have any reason for being a large issue as they have been."

The Network Leadership team has taken the time to review the reasons provided by Mercer, as well as the discussion that was had by Mercer and the Server Leadership Team prior to your removal. I also have reviewed other information that was provided by the Server Leadership Team, and other Roleplay Leaders.

Firstly, I wish to note that you are a well-respected member of our community. This is obvious by the way others have come to us in support of you, even for your faults. As the Network Leadership team, we consider server health to be one of the number one considerations when dealing with any issue. I note however, that while you have support, there has been some legitimate criticism of your leadership prior to and during your tenure as Site Director. These include:

Inhibiting RP

This has been noted by members of Server Leadership, Gameplay Staff, Gamemasters, and other Roleplay Leaders. These include things like:

- Creating issues with other Factions over minor matters
- Kidnapping Event Characters to do your own thing
- Having prohibitions and other restrictive rules when it comes to interfaction relations.

These types of behaviors are not something that we would expect from any roleplay leader, and certainly not one that is in such a senior leadership position as the Site Director

Being openly hostile towards Server Leadership

It has been noted by members of the Network team that when Server Leadership has provided you with feedback it has often been met with hostility and defiance.

Being too combat focus

As a Roleplay Leader, the expectation of the Network Leadership team is that you would promote Roleplay, but instead, as noted by most people you are too combat focused, and your efforts and energy has been into the combative areas of the foundation, leaving other areas left out and disregarded to the point of exclusion.

Conclusion
Having considered all the evidence, and gathered opinions from a wide range of sources, the Network Leadership team has decided that Server Health would not benefit at this stage by having you return to the Site Director Role. We take into consideration the following:

- You have been warned prior by both Yeke and I in relation to RP Leadership. This includes a long meeting that was held back when I was Senior Server Leadership. As you can see from the screenshot below, You were warned on that date that those that did not pick up the act, would risk demotion. That was 20 days ago. Since then, new incidents have occurred, include the issue with stealing event characters.
1706379707339.png
- The Site Administration team would benefit from a change in Leadership, with someone that is more RP focused taking the helm to steer away from exclusive-combat focus.
- The decision made by the Senior Server Leadership, and the Server Leadership team, has not been made in error.
- There has been no unfairness or bias in the decision made by the Server Leadership team.

Whilst the Network Leadership team has denied your appeal in this instance, this does not prohibit you from taking other senior roles within the community. I would encourage you during your time out of Senior roles to reflect on this feedback and consider how you could work on developing your RP within the community.

Kind Regards,

Canoon
On behalf of the Network Leadership Team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.