Status
Not open for further replies.

missnatcula

Mar 24, 2023
Steam ID: 76561198042372814
Discord name: Miss Natcula#9401
For how long have you played on CG SCP: Three weeks
In what country are you located?: Canada
Time zone: PST anywhere from 8am-5pm mainly.
Character name(s): Leda Holiday
Civilian name: None
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Do you have a mic?: Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held: None
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: None
Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?:
I think the team could really use more people who are more promoting of heavier roleplay. I find a lot of researchers asking me to help them; all kinds of things, and sometimes I do feel limited in what I can do. I often think of executive almost like the teacher of research, and since I've already been playing teacher a lot...

For example, today when I realized I couldn't bring a junior to one of my tests because I was not executive, so I decided I should at least try and apply. I've been told I've been quite informative by others and been suggested to apply. I just never applied due to being new to the server; but not new to roleplay.

What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?:
I put roleplay before anything else. I have no desire to 'win' or cash in massive amounts of money or anything like that. I really enjoy thinking of creative social experiments to conduct and trying to include as many as I can. Show people new to the server that it isn't just about farming samples of SCP's and hopefully set a good example since there are times we know some are not setting very good ones.

I think I'm a good fit because no matter the situation I try to promote roleplay, help people in my tests feel included and also just want everyone to have a good time. I've been having a blast coming up with more interesting ways to conduct tests and utilize the limited items in game in tests. I might be new to how gmod/scprp and how everything works but that doesn't stop me roleplaying and it really shouldn't stunt anyone else either. I'm a big fan of the SCP universe, and I intend to keep my roleplay holding onto that sense of mystery and sprinkle of horror in there.

I find since researchers are the lead in a lot of tests; and tests are dclass' introduction to the server, its important they are promoting good behavior and running things in a way that doesn't ruin some ones time or give them a bad impression on the server as a whole. No one likes being taken to the hole five times in a row, nor do SCPs spending hours waiting in a tiny box like being given bare bone roleplay just to be used as blood bags. With my character as executive repeated abuse of scp's would be one of the things my character would not tolerate. Its not fun for anyone forced along and I think my sway as executive I'd be able to actually interject into situations like this and end them instead of just running to Ethics/I.A every time as the only option to stopping that behavior; that I know of.

How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?:
I find this topic subjective. What one might consider excellent to one person, might not be for another. I've received criticism and praise on both sides for my custom forms. I have quite a few that are not uploaded and what I have uploaded I don't know how to check the grade of; they were uploaded into the 'other' folder under experiment logs and I never could find past ones I uploaded there. Below are some example papers my character has done in the past as well as the junior handbook she wrote at the bottom.

In my PERSONAL opinion I think what makes a document excellent isn't so much as how much text there is, or how its formatted, grammar, whatever. Those can be important if you think they are but not everyone who plays is native to English and writing it and we are humans, so grammar and spelling mistakes can happen. This is primarily a voice roleplay server so what I think stands out is creativity. Anyone can put generic crap on their document; generic description, stolen/none-unique photos of the scp, boring/straight off the wiki theories/methods. I've been there, I'm sure we all have. I like to see peoples documents that have put their own flare into it and aren't just looking for a quick methods to abuse the system and make the blueprint for excellent and cash in. I get a lot of people asking me how their document looks and I really don't know what else to tell them for advice other then 'Make it your own and make it unique to you' because out of the sea of research documents, what makes your research post special? Hint, Its not just the amount of words in it.

I personally think the writing of documents could be better...done...as a whole on the server for research. Sometimes mine don't upload even after repeated attempts and then to only get a low grade I just don't bother to be honest. But its what we got and I'm trying to just go along with it. I'd be happy to know if there is actually some written down handbook on grading/accepting documents that is more standardized and if there is, a lot of people in game are confused about this one since documents look so different sometimes depending on who made it. The examples on the wall honestly are so vague in what you can do. One example document is only eight pages, while one is twelve. Yet both count as excellent if in theory they were filled as intended...according to the creators. What some one can summarize in one paragraph some will drag on for three.

If you want a 'correct'ish answer then a document should look like a in-depth university paper. It should at the very least consist of,
- Description of the SCP; either from the wiki or handwritten, with an extra bonus if a picture is attached; though some have issues adding images from what I'm told?
- Theory section which touches on your characters idea on something they could try out. This is the creative section where a character can really let their imagination fly on things to try out.
- Method section which touches on your characters thought up methods to use and test out their idea. This is how the test will be conducted physically when it happens making even crazy theories have a more clear outline of how the theory can be practically tested and either proven or disproven.
- Signature section; only really needed if you are doing something that breaks the ethics code of conduct or need approval for taking samples from the SCP. This section I feel doesn't need to be on the final uploaded, digital, to be graded document since signatures can only be made on printed out copies.
- Recorded test results section. This is how you actually conducted your test and what result it may have given you. You can also add photos you took during the test to show off some of the set up, and testing in action.
- Conclusion section which explains how the recorded test results you gathered either prove or disprove your theory and also any other thoughts your character may have about the whole theory in the first place. I personally like to try and keep all theories open for method changes. An idea that fails while using one method, maybe possible with another.

You can technically add a hypothesis section but honestly if your theory is good enough it literally explains what you think may happen with testing anyways so I find a hypothesis section honestly redundant.

Below are examples and you can decide on your own what my past works are worth. All examples are made by myself, completely custom. I copy/paste descriptions of SCPs but everything else came from the brain and what I have learned so far playing.
Junior Handbook
SCP-173 complete document, how I format actual documents now that I upload.
SCP-939 complete document, how I format actual documents now that I upload.
Inanimate OLD format how I use to do it with less info, no sig page because not needed to test on inanimate
Inanimate OLD format how I use to do it with less info, no sig page because not needed to test on inanimate

What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:
Executive researchers are like the supervisors of research. They mark researchers experiment papers; forms, documents, whatever you want to call them. They are also in charge of assisting other researchers with their own tests by reviewing their theories, authorizing theories/methods to be put into practice, ensuring the department as a whole is running by the code of conduct set in place by the foundation/ethics committee. I think executives should also be responsible for reporting inappropriate behavior/tests committed by those in researcher and correcting them on what was done wrong; which is important for their growth. They also assist on aiding researchers with out the appropriate access to still be able to creatively test in heavy containment zone under supervision.

As I stated above executive researchers play a very important role; if they choose, in teaching upcoming research staff. I don't see them as often in some of the time zones I hit while playing and its a real shame cause a good executive really helps the whole system run better. It prevents a lot of reports as well I'm sure if someone is there to actually help teach and prevent rules being broken. Its VERY easy to break rules as a researcher since when you are playing the role you end up kinda like the driver when out on a test and if the driver is bad...the vehicle ain't going far. Get what I mean?

Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:
Leda Holiday grew up in a city then after university she settled in a small town with the hopes of becoming the animal whisperer she always wanted to be. Her majors had landed her some pretty impressive marks on her name and being a vet really was below what she was truly capable of. Originally Leda had dreamed of working on animals foreign to her, traveling the world and getting to save animals not just in the confines of her now small town. Her mundane life of regular pet check ups and the rare animal emergency was about to change luckily, and smalls towns would become her past.

It was in the spring when a man came rushing in with their pet one early morning. The animal was severely mauled by whatever it had come in contact with. According to the owner it was some unknown 'beast'. Despite her efforts the animal wasn't savable, but that wasn't the end of that case. What she thought was probably just a coyote attack or something more reasonable turned out to be something she nor anyone in her small town was suppose to know about.

Several other strange cases came flying in the door. There was some wild beast that no one could really get a good look at ravaging one side of the small town and attempting to eat everyone's animals if left unattended outside. This wasn't terribly uncommon, the town she lived in was small and surrounded by the Canadian woodland so predators did sometimes wonder into peoples backyards, but something was off about all these cases that kept coming in. Why was it no one got a good look at what was attacking peoples animals? Just, chance?

Later after the clinic had to close due to maxing capacity several military clad personnel showed up demanding for information involving the strange attacks. Not really one to withhold information Leda spilled every detail and theory she had come up with involving the animal attacks. Unsure to her at the time they didn't seem all that convinced she told them everything, paranoid?

It was a couple of days later that the truth behind it all would come crashing in, probably not in the way Leda wanted it. The unknown predator that stalked the small town seemed to have ceased it slaughtering of peoples beloved animals which was a relief to her and her coworkers. Making her way back home one evening it was one stop on her way home that was her mistake. First it was a fast food drive through, because who didn't love mackers after a long day. After that she made a stop at a particular park, because who doesn't like to enjoy their fatty fast food with a view. The food in the bag wasn't her dinner despite what it seemed and after fifteen or so minutes of walking a trail Leda finally was ready to make use of the food.

Opening the bag of delicious smelling deep fatty food she started tossing all of it out of the bag and onto the ground just shy of the path she walked. After this she called out, as if becoming an animal, because she was. What she thought was an animal however was anything but and her secret little meetings in the woods with it weren't so secret when she was followed and caught in the act of feeding it out of her hand. She doesn't remember matter much of the day if asked, but she certainly seems more ecstatic to be working for the foundation then most.

"Sigma"

Donator
Jul 26, 2022
NY?
+SUPPORT
Heavily active on researcher
Tests always go smooth
Ready for exec

flyin

Feb 2, 2023
+SUPPORT
Always Active on researcher
tests are detailed with clear instructions
seen helping other researchers with tests
Ready for Executive

"Artemis"

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Donator
Group Moderator
Feb 27, 2023
+SUPPORT
The amount of effort put into this application and the in game docs show that they are for sure ready to move up within the research dpt.

Lunaro

Oct 23, 2022
To: Sr. Researcher Leda Holiday
Subject: Application Verdict

O5 Council Clean.png

| Application On Hold |

Greetings Leda,

This is a message composed by the Research Directorate to inform you of your application now being put "On Hold" as we will conduct an interview with you to discuss further manners. Please email (Discord message) either myself (Bees#4431) or Dpt. Director John Iceland (Pup#1341) if you have any questions.

Kind Regards,
"Lunaro," Deputy Director of Research​

Fellowchum

Oct 31, 2022

+++Support
I've seen their work and seen them do great RP. I'm not going to give you 3 paragraph reason. I love what they've been doing and hope to see them fly high.

Dr. Julian Blackwood

Jul 1, 2022
+Support, I've seen Leda helping new researchers a lot and the quality of these documents speaks for itself. Very active, responsive and knowledgeable.

John Iceland

Donator
To: Leda
Subject: Application Verdict

O5 Council Clean.png

| Application Accepted |

Greetings Leda, This is a message composed by the Research Directorate to inform you that your application for the position of Executive Researcher has been accepted! We look forward to working alongside you and hope that you will enjoy your time within the team. Please contact your nearest RAISA Office to get your clearance updated (Contact staff to get the whitelist), and EMail (Discord Message) myself (Pup#1341) or "Lunaro" (Bees#4431) for your onboarding.

Kind Regards,
John Iceland, Director of Research.

Status
Not open for further replies.