Shepherd's Game Master Application (USA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shepherd

MRP Patriot
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
Note: I will be sourcing some information from my previous Gamemaster application. (link) I resigned as I travelled to Canada and couldn't work with the time zones. I wasn't sure if I should make a resignation appeal or a new application, but considering this is a new server I chose the latter.

Which server are you applying for? (UK/USA): USA

Original Steam login name (your accounts first ever name): TheGamingShepherd / Shepherd

For how long have you played on CG MRP: (UK) Intermittently, late October 2020 till early September 2021 and (USA) Launch Day

In what country are you located: Canada

Time zone: GMT-7 | Mountain Standard Time

NATO name (regiment and rank): N/A

NWO name (regiment and rank): IVG SPC Shepherd Rodriguez

Civilian name: N/A

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:78209975

Do you have a mic: Yes.

Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications: Link to first GM application, accepted (here)

Have you received any kicks/bans/warnings? and why: None to my knowledge.

Do you have any previous experience as a Gamemaster/Event Manager in a community: I have previously served as a game master in the UK MRP server.

Do you have any previous experience with serious roleplay: Yes. I have previously played DarkRP, SWRP and WW2RP in a serious RP setting.

How many hours can you be on everyday: 2+ hours, variable daily.

Why do you want to become a Gamemaster on our server: I enjoyed my time on the UK MRP server. I wanted to do something bigger in the server and make use of my new free time and joined the GM team. I'd like to think I did a decent job working with the several other GMs, exercising my skills in creative writing and design to the best extent. I understand that there is also a shortage of GMs and there are now more roleplay friendly applications available to the server which I think will go a long way in terms of improvisation.

What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants: I feel that my previous experience in every rank within a regiment and my prior experience as a game master will contribute strongly to my ability to cater to the needs of our patrons. I'd love to be given the opportunity to play my part in decreasing turnover / increasing retention. I want to make the server a friendly place and have missions that unite our respective teams, by way of reducing stress and introducing some activities they will find fun to do, despite the fierce setting of this game mode.

Please list 3 small event ideas (which would involve at least one side of the server):

> Rough Rider

Note: I submitted this in my last application, but I never finished work on it to make it happen. Considering the non-violent nature of this event, I really do want to make this happen soon.

The FIA has recently started a campaign for their Rallying arm where they are collecting videos of the best drivers on the planet. The NATO and NWO army chiefs decided this was a good opportunity to showcase their respective factions' best drivers and have declared a ceasefire to facilitate a rally race. Both factions have contributed to a reward pot which will go to the first three racers across the finish line.

Open to any faction based on first-come-first-serve manner. Projected 4-8 racers, this can change after exploring the idea further. Reward will only be individual oriented (money, guns etc.) Vehicles will be determined after mass experimentation.

> I Spy

In the chaos that ensued over North America involving spy balloons, all regions went on high alert to look out for foreign objects floating within their airspace. The NWO and NATO were both alerted to the presence of one such object in the airspace. Analysts reported that the balloons shot down over North America were made by hobbyists, however the one near Highland turned out to be the real deal. An unknown foreign entity was attempting to surveil enemy positions in a nearby region and sell them to the highest bidder. However, a solar flare caused the balloon to change course and crash into an unknown location in Highland. Both sides value this information very highly, and the recovery team can expect a hefty reward if they are successful.

Open to both NWO and NATO factions. Location of object will have to be discovered through visual cues. Recovering side may receive war funds, recovering team may receive personal funds. Armored and air vehicle restrictions can be set if deemed necessary.

> GOATed

A fixed-wing plane transporting uncut fentanyl with a street value of $520k was inadvertently deployed into North Town as a result of the local militia shooting at the plane (quite the paranoid bunch that lot) A stray goat grazing in the fields nearby came across the drugs and consumed them knowing no better. The goat was knocked out cold in the process, waking up several hours later to the surprise of the citizens that gave it shelter. The goat became sentient and alert, suddenly being able to converse in human language. He then proceeded to tear through the citizen's house in a moment, putting the citizen in a coma. This goat is now out to avenge the brothers and sisters slaughtered by the newly settled soldiers.

A message is broadcast: DO NOT APPROACH THE GOAT. DO NOT LET THE GOAT ENTER THE BASE. THE GOAT IS KILLING EVERYO- *static*

Goat can be played by trusted individual or designated staff member. Goat will be given an HP buff. If possible, goat will have increased damage. Goat will wreak havoc on any soldier within their sight. Goat may prefer to instead assault one faction. Goat may optionally be able to cause property damage. Killing the goat within 5 minutes (or relative to HP) grants cash reward to assailant and any assists listed as a result of salvaging unabsorbed fentanyl. (Goats are herbivores, long intestines and take time to absorb nutrients)

Please list a map change event idea (involving both sides and the entire server):

> Operation Resting Insomniac
In a bid to expand operations, the leader of the New World Order ordered all units to put aside their current operations and increase pressure on the European front. The leader is particularly interested in solidifying their grip on the Balkan states, which currently faces a stalemate against NATO's European division in Poland. As a result, the NWO's Highland detachment is on its way to be paradropped into a forward operating base set up off the border of Belarus. NATO's European arm, the Allied Command Europe, has been informed of these developments and plans on pulling their troops from Highland to reinforce their foothold on Poland.

The operation's main objective is to seize more territory. A NATO loss will mean full NWO control of Poland, with Czechia and Slovakia being contested. Similarly, an NWO loss will mean full NATO control of Poland, with Belarus being contested. A side objective can be made available, which will most likely happen, in order to have the different regiments perform different tasks. This mission's target is to affect MRP Universe lore. I don't have a map in pocket, but I'll be sure to browse some options and present them to the team.

List an example mission for each pair of regiments:

MPC / AOR:
Residents of the three towns have reported that their water supply has likely been tainted as a result of the residents facing a sudden onset of illnesses. Initial reports suggest a small scale cyanide production operation somewhere in the area of the city, with some possible resistance. Be careful out there.

SFOD-D / STS: It would seem as if the other side has pissed off some very important people. One such individual has highly critical information regarding platoon positions, information and fortifications at no cost. Get on your feet and surround the meeting point. Be prepared for a hit squad.. or for a set-up.

NRF / IVG: An archaeologist uncovered Ottoman-era valuables that need to be transported both with care and with speed. One of his group members ratted him out and now there's a lot of heat on you. Can you deliver this shipment back to base without destroying it? You are some of the most versatile and adaptable people this military has. Live up to it.

USAF / SWB: Unfavorable members of a nearby militia have come upon a cache of weapons and ammo earmarked for your military. The higher-ups need this taken care of ASAP. Recon the area and chart out a plan and blaze the entire cache. Make sure you leave no survivors, nobody needs to know who caused all those civilians to die. Involve other regiments or go alone, just do what you do best. Sweep them up.. off the map.

3rdAD / 1stAL: A renown mechanic was recently deemed insane as the result of schizophrenia. Their caretakers lost contact with them and recently they've come up with a supercharged armored demon of a vehicle, capable of vaporizing people and disappearing to a different part of the city. Load up your APHECBC shells and relieve the pressure this city is facing due to this flight risk.

Anakin Skywalker

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Feb 7, 2021
+Support
+Active ig/TS
+Good ideas
+Has previous experience

Good luck my friend :giggle:

Shep honestly when i was Staff and when i was GM with you you did amazing you were one hell of a mentor when it came to helping within regiments and with RP and making your events you are one of the best i hope you can keep up to your old ways and good luck with your application

Michiel-MV

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Group Moderator
Jan 1, 2021
Belguim
BIG SUPPORT
Mostly I give big verdicts to explain what I like and don't like within GM apps but Sheperd used to be a GM on UK way back like a year ago maybe even 2 years. He was of the best GM's I have seen on the server. Make this man GM god bless

Kuo

MRP War Veteran
Donator
May 24, 2021
Application Accepted

Hi @Shepherd ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a game master application.

Congratulations on having your application accepted, please poke me the next time you're in TeamSpeak so I can introduce you to the next step on becoming a GM.

Kind Regards,
Legion Kuo.

Status
Not open for further replies.