TS Allowed to be used for in-game callouts

• Yes

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • No

Votes: 20 48.8%

• Total voters

Cleetus

Oct 11, 2022
I don't see why people are allowed to use Teamspeak to make callouts? What was the radio even created for if people can use third party comms and count it as in character? Breaching as any SCP and having E-11 not even type in comms or say anything in game and you get a Code 5 called is bullshit. Using TS for legit in game calls should be considered mixing.

Cleetus

Oct 11, 2022
it's so hard to catch someone out for it tho is the problem
It's pretty easy, if you don't hear the radio sound from when they use the /c command and you don't hear them use the physical radio in game, they are obviously using TS.

Saucy

Nov 9, 2022
It's not viable to enforce which is why it's allowed. Unless the person accused uploads a recording of themself there is no way to verify this.

Cleetus

Oct 11, 2022
It's not viable to enforce which is why it's allowed. Unless the person accused uploads a recording of themself there is no way to verify this.
I already explained how easy it is to detect if someone makes a callout in-game vs out of the game...

If they use /c you can hear an audible radio sound from the player who used it

If they use the in game radio device you can physically hear them speak into it and see it in their hands...

Teamspeak however is the only comms device with no possible way to track if people metagame in the channel or break NLR... It's very clear the only way you can get away with breaking rules via comms is teamspeak and it should not be allowed.

Boggers

Dec 2, 2022
I already explained how easy it is to detect if someone makes a callout in-game vs out of the game...

If they use /c you can hear an audible radio sound from the player who used it

If they use the in game radio device you can physically hear them speak into it and see it in their hands...

Teamspeak however is the only comms device with no possible way to track if people metagame in the channel or break NLR... It's very clear the only way you can get away with breaking rules via comms is teamspeak and it should not be allowed.
Interesting take!

Reactions: Cleetus

KaptianCore

Developer
Developer
Programming Team
Jul 1, 2022
Australia
As what was said on your suggestion regarding not allowing TS for IC things. Teamspeak is a lot better and easier to use than the radio system ingame. I'm assuming the radio was intended to be used but it's not viable due to all the delay and issue with it.

Boggers

Dec 2, 2022
I don't see why people are allowed to use Teamspeak to make callouts? What was the radio even created for if people can use third party comms and count it as in character? Breaching as any SCP and having E-11 not even type in comms or say anything in game and you get a Code 5 called is bullshit. Using TS for legit in game calls should be considered mixing.
I agree with you Cleetus. I am a part of Civil Network's discord and forums because I want to be in touch with the community but I don't use TeamSpeak anymore. I've noticed how little the in-game radio is used considering it's a part of the GenSec test. I think if you're going to require to memorize how to use a radio there should be more use with it.

Some Guy

Sep 2, 2022
My God these mods all say the exact same shit about teamspeak. What are you payed by them? Yeah sure radios can be unreilable but its better than easy meta VIA teamspeak. Plus typing comms.

Last edited:

Boggers

Dec 2, 2022
My God these mods all say the exact same shit about teamspeak. What are you payed by them? Yeah sure radios can be unreilable but its better than basically easy meta VIA teamspeak. Plus typing comms.
I don't quite understand why Teamspeak is still used by the majority of Gmod communities. I've been told it's easier for the roleplaying structure but it just seems like such an outdated piece of software with other platforms like discord.

I just appreciate that it's not a requirement to get promotions like on other Garry's mod servers.

Some Guy

Sep 2, 2022
I don't quite understand why Teamspeak is still used by the majority of Gmod communities. I've been told it's easier for the roleplaying structure but it just seems like such an outdated piece of software with other platforms like discord.

I just appreciate that it's not a requirement to get promotions like on other Garry's mod servers.
Teamspeak feels like a conspiracy or something in these communities, its so weird.

"Peebus"

Jul 28, 2022
I have never been a fan of Teamspeak. It has always annoyed me and is just awful to use if you are actually trying to have a fun role play experience. In my experience as having to use it as E11 it’s no fun to have a dozen people talk at the same time about ooc stuff, then have that mixed in with callouts. Ic and ooc should never mix and that is why I voted no

Alpha Toon

Civil Gamers Expert
Mar 9, 2021

The way I see it, it mostly boils down to better channel organization, better audio codec and a more flushed out permission system.

Reactions: KaptianCore

0x48756773

Dec 4, 2022
The way I see it, it mostly boils down to better channel organization, better audio codec and a more flushed out permission system.
Yeah, discord permissions gets tedious really fast. Teamspeak is pretty well organized when it comes to permissions.

Reactions: Boggers

Ziltoid

Dec 17, 2022
People shit on teamspeak cause it looks like crap compared to discord and isn't new user friendly it just takes time getting used to
Yeah, discord permissions gets tedious really fast. Teamspeak is pretty well organized when it comes to permissions.