Content Suggestion Site-Staff Overhaul / Maintenance Department

Content Suggestions will be reviewed by Content Team weekly, please allow time as not everything can be reviewed at once.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
This would overhaul the "Site Staff" roles(IT Technician, Chef, Engineer, Tech Expert, and Janitor) into it's own department with the same non-whitelist system, and Department management roles, that D.E.A and I.A use, in order to create more RP-Conducive scenarios and remove the "minge" personnel that often hide behind these roles to avoid punishments.

IT Technicians and Engineers would be expanded with Jr. and Sr. roles(CL1 and CL2 respectively).
To get a Senior position, you would request a tryout from the Head of IT or Head of Engineering(CL3) respectively.
Alternatively, getting a Senior position could be level-based like with General Security.

If a player gets both Sr. IT and Engineer, they unlock the Technical Expert role, which is unchanged.

The Head of IT and Head of Engineering roles would both act similar to D.E.A Special Agents, just with CL3 cards instead, approving personnel for Jr. IT Technicians and Jr. Engineers, while providing tryouts, both private and public, for their Sr. versions.

The Head of IT and Head of Engineering would be picked and approved by Maintenance Supervisors, who are application based and picked by Site-Administration, acting as a Junior CL4 position. Maintenance Supervisors would be responsible for the entire Maintenance Department, picking new leaders and ensuring the department runs smoothly.

Chef would be unchanged, though a new Head Chef (CL1) role would be introduced, limited to 1 job-slot, which has a clipboard. Head Chefs would be responsible for coordinating with their Chefs and creating food for others to eat.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not to my knowledge

Already planned!1727288972828.pngWasn't aware of the suggestion until now. Leaving this up since it could be ideas for Content Team!

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
I believe these changes would allow the Site Staff roles to be viewed less like minges and allow more RP conducive behavior.
Positives might include:
  • Teaching new players how the approval system works, allowing them to get into D.E.A and I.A easier later on
  • Allow them to show their roleplay potential in an appropriate manner
  • Give them a notable goal within the Department(Maintenance Supervisor) should they choose to pursue it before other roles
  • Grant an appropriately balanced CL3 position to both IT Technicians and Engineers
  • Allows Maintenance Supervisors to set standards of roleplay in-character and enforce them through the approval system
  • Allows a multitude of extra options for RP scenarios, such as a Head of IT coordinating fixing computers around the site

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
It might turn newer players away from the Department
The roleplay loop might get boring, possibly needing a revamp of the Technician and Engineering system would be needed
Site-Administration would have to manage another Department, which could put additional strain on them
While no new models or content would need to be made, new roles and loadouts would have to be made by the Content Team

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
I feel as though the Maintenance Department could be a very valuable tool for roleplay and experience on the server, especially for newer players.
Additionally with this departments potential connection to Site Administration, it could allow a smoother transition into such roles.

Further more I believe this change could remove the "minge" aspect of these roles, giving them more purpose and RP potential, while not making them too difficult for new players to experience.

Specific standards could be put in place for maintenance in certain areas, such as Floor 3 or Lower Heavy Containment, which can be coordinated with the respective security for those areas(A-1, E-11), that way if and when the standards are broke by someone attempting to minge on the role, said role could be taken away entirely until they complete the test again. I don't believe a roaster or time requirement would be needed, but a blacklist roaster could be put in place for repeat offenders in an attempt to curb mingy personnel from important rp positions.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2022
Scotland
ungoc.com
+Support
Let me start by saying I love this, and it is clear that you have put thought into it. But it's quite unlikely this'll be accepted due to "unnecessary dev time" (which is DUMB!!!!!!). But also I do think that turning it into a full department may be stretching the Foundation a little thin? I've never seen more than 5 members of site-staff on at once and giving a departmental hierarchy to it may increase playercount within it, or it may just remain unused.

REGARDLESS, IT'S AWESOME!

+Support
Let me start by saying I love this, and it is clear that you have put thought into it. But it's quite unlikely this'll be accepted due to "unnecessary dev time" (which is DUMB!!!!!!). But also I do think that turning it into a full department may be stretching the Foundation a little thin? I've never seen more than 5 members of site-staff on at once and giving a departmental hierarchy to it may increase playercount within it, or it may just remain unused.

REGARDLESS, IT'S AWESOME!
Thats why even the highest role you can hold within it can be held along side a Sr. CL4 position like MTF LT+ or CI DELCOM+; Mostly this overhaul would try to eliminate the mingy aspects of Tech Experts / Engineers doing dumb stuff and getting away with it so long as they die at some point since IA cant arrest them anymore.

I also think it would put more faith in the department for MTFs like A-1 and E-11, allowing Tech Experts, IT Technicians, or Engineers into Floor 3 or lower HCZ for repairs. That was the other main goal.

I believe this suggestion *would* be accepted even if it takes development time since it would get new players hooked on the server easier and help them learn it's components and department "whitelist" systems.

Also head chef would be fun to RP as!!! :3

Jun 5, 2022
Scotland
ungoc.com
Thats why even the highest role you can hold within it can be held along side a Sr. CL4 position like MTF LT+ or CI DELCOM+; Mostly this overhaul would try to eliminate the mingy aspects of Tech Experts / Engineers doing dumb stuff and getting away with it so long as they die at some point since IA cant arrest them anymore.

I also think it would put more faith in the department for MTFs like A-1 and E-11, allowing Tech Experts, IT Technicians, or Engineers into Floor 3 or lower HCZ for repairs. That was the other main goal.

I believe this suggestion *would* be accepted even if it takes development time since it would get new players hooked on the server easier and help them learn it's components and department "whitelist" systems.

Also head chef would be fun to RP as!!! :3
I hope it gets accepted!!!!!! I like the idea alot :)

Reactions: Kito
Mar 20, 2022
Way before anything new gets added, I really think the CN Team needs to cut down on some departments.

The bloat of roles on the server is immense and it divides the RP and player base far too much.

Should cut some departments out then look at something like this as any further departmental ladders added to the already ocean of roles will just cause additional issues. I still love the idea, ETS would be great and a core part of the gameplay loop.

Way before anything new gets added, I really think the CN Team needs to cut down on some departments.

The bloat of roles on the server is immense and it divides the RP and player base far too much.

Should cut some departments out then look at something like this as any further departmental ladders added to the already ocean of roles will just cause additional issues. I still love the idea, ETS would be great and a core part of the gameplay loop.
Like removing SC!

Oh wait.

• Love
Reactions: Broda