Accepted Sniper Ping

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Jez

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 12, 2021
pub (ate wife)
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
changes sniper ping when a sniper kills someone
should be a distance where people around the sniper get the ping but not everyone, as snipers are nowhere near as much of an issue anymore, not saying get rid of it but dont broadcast position over the full map

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
dont think so

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
makes sniper better to play
dont get molested by everyone once u kill someone

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
makes snipers a bit better

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
because the whole point of a sniper is to flank and hold a position, this is literally impossible because of the ping and has been since it was added

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

Bobby1

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 8, 2021
+support
Snipers are no where near as bad when it used to be max 4 per regiment so a change should be made

parker

Sep 24, 2022
+support, I'm a jaf member, and I think its a bit bs u take up a Heli, see a marker across the map and then long range it with cannon limit it to around 100-200m marker

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: nathancheetah

CORE.

Oct 5, 2022
Everywhere
-support
The ping was added a year ago to make it fair for Infantry and to make it able to find the sniper than searching him for a long period of time.
A Lot of NWO/NATO players got shit ton of kills from playing sniper with the ping.

• Haha

King Jez

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 12, 2021
pub (ate wife)
-support
The ping was added a year ago to make it fair for Infantry and to make it able to find the sniper than searching him for a long period of time.
A Lot of NWO/NATO players got shit ton of kills from playing sniper with the ping.
it’s not about getting kills, but the literal point of a sniper is to be able to hold a point from afar while staying undetected, fair enough people within like 50m or so getting the ping but not everyone

Reactions: MLGMagicHoodini

Aleem Abdul

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
May 16, 2023
-support its already easy to play sniper its not fun to play against it doesnt need any sort of buff

its a good idea i just really dont think sniper needs any buffs :cry:

Kiwi

Administrator
Administrator
MilitaryRP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Jan 29, 2021
UK
I think this is an amazing idea however, here's what I suggest to further improve this idea.

Making each sniper have a silencer attachment slot.
Silencer would obviously supress the shot making only people within 50m of the active sniper receiving the ping.
Without the silencer the shot would be a lot louder therefore people within say 125m-150m would receive the ping.

It's currently a massive joke that you can kill someone and get cannoned from 400m away because JAF/SWB can sit in their cockpit and hold left click.

With the reduction of the amount of snipers alongside the addition of ceramic plates I think it's fair to balance out.

+Support

Reactions: MLGMagicHoodini

shaun11103

MRP War Veteran
Mar 13, 2022
-support
ping was added a lot longer than a year ago and it was added because there was like 7 snipers per side and the guns were no where near as good as they are right now he is not saying to remove marker but to make it so you have to be within like 100 metres to see the marker
+support

• Sad

Anakin Skywalker

MRP War Criminal
Donator
Feb 7, 2021
ping was added a lot longer than a year ago and it was added because there was like 7 snipers per side and the guns were no where near as good as they are right now he is not saying to remove marker but to make it so you have to be within like 100 metres to see the marker
+support
from what i remember and kermit it was around start of 2021

MLGMagicHoodini

Aug 23, 2023
Portugal
www.youtube.com
I think this is an amazing idea however, here's what I suggest to further improve this idea.

Making each sniper have a silencer attachment slot.
Silencer would obviously supress the shot making only people within 50m of the active sniper receiving the ping.
Without the silencer the shot would be a lot louder therefore people within say 125m-150m would receive the ping.

It's currently a massive joke that you can kill someone and get cannoned from 400m away because JAF/SWB can sit in their cockpit and hold left click.

With the reduction of the amount of snipers alongside the addition of ceramic plates I think it's fair to balance out.

+Support
+support This suggestion
But
-support on original post

Reactions: Kiwi

'Kaz'

Jul 30, 2022
Suggestion Accepted

Hi Jez, Your suggestion has been accepted. We'll speak to devs about it however it's most likely a thing that requires VWar access so there is no definitive answer on when it will be done.
Thank you for taking the time to make a suggestion​

Status
Not open for further replies.