Speff's Blacklist Amnesty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speff

Jan 17, 2023
Your in-game name: Speff

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:671290689

Your steam community link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199302847107

Date of blacklist: 2/28/23

To the best of your knowledge, why were you blacklisted?: I am not entirely sure, however I think it is due to me using a VPN (non-malicious reasons)

Please list any times you have used methods to change or hide your IP (incl. game streaming, e.g. GeForce Now): I have used a VPN to change my computer's ID (reason is kinda personal, would rather DM an Admin about it if possible. Discord is Speff#0001)

Please list any alt accounts: None

Who blacklisted you? (if known): I am not sure

Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url): https://www.civilgamers.com/community/threads/scp-rp-rules.2244/

What will you do to stop this from happening again: I will not use a VPN again (again please DM for more information).
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned/blacklisted? 1 warning for RDM I believe (I killed a D-class who was body blocking)

Why should you be unblacklisted: When I first used the VPN, I was unaware that it was against the rules, and I am very sorry for not knowing this. I should have assumed using something like that was against the rules. Also, I was using the VPN for non-malicous purposes, (again lmao, please DM me on discord for more information on why I used it. I feel like the reason it personal and I do not want to put it out here). In no way was I trying to harm Civil Network's SCP-RP by using it, or cause damage to other players.

How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?: As for the other rules, I will make sure to RP as much as possible, so I do not break rules such as FailRP, FearRP, and others. I will also make sure that I never do something that might be against the rules without checking with somebody, or the rules, beforehand.

Why do you want to rejoin this server? I want to rejoin the server because the game and the community is amazing. I get on it almost every day for at least an hour, and it is the most enjoyable hour of my day. I love interacting with other players, and in general having fun. If this gets appealed, I will make sure to enjoy my time more than ever, knowing one thing that I am not supposed to do has been confirmed. Thank you for reading this.

Last edited:

Cloak

Civil Gamers Expert
Jan 14, 2021
Upon investigation I have determined that your blacklist was indeed caused by the use of a VPN. I have removed your blacklist, please do not use a VPN in the future as using a VPN may cause our system to reinstate the blacklist.

Status
Not open for further replies.