Denied Squad System

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostByte

Civil Gamers Expert
Dec 25, 2021
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Adds a Squad System, similar to to Half Life 2 RP. The squad would work like this: You would open the squad system menu through a keybind (In HL2RP, it's F6 usually). Once the menu is open, you can choose to create your own squad or join an existing squad. If you create your own Squad, you'll be the leader of it and can create small pings that are shown to your other squad members, such as "Danger" or "Posting here". There can be a maximum of 4 members in a squad, and you must be a certain rank to create your own squad (LCPL or CPL+ for MTF, Captain/SRU/SCU+ for Security, Special Agent+ for DEA, and GOC/CI NCO ranks). If the leader of your squad leaves, leadership will be transferred to the earliest person to have joined the squad automatically. The leader can disband their squad at any time. There can be a maximum of 4 squads per division.

Additionally, when in a squad, your squad members will be highlighted so you can see where they are at any given time, making it easy to meet up. You will also be able to see the status of your squad members health and armor on the left side of your screen, similar to ERT. Rules can be made for the highlight mechanic as to prevent metagaming from all sides, but I feel its very useful for everyone.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
No

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+Much easier organization amongst divisions, especially Security.

+Easier methods of roleplay, such as having MTF divisions being in one squad, or creating a squad for a specific purpose such as maintaining SCPs.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
-Development time

-Possible metagaming issues with people knowing where people die. Though honestly, people do this already through teamspeak and can say their location before they die anyways.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Overall I think it'd be a very neat addition to the server. I think it's a cool mechanic that will make organizing divisions alot easier, especially non-whitelist divisions like DEA, Security, IA, etc. CI, GOC, and MTF will also benefit from this and gives people in those divisions more opportunities to show their leadership. You may not need a mechanic like this to make squads, but its often difficult to keep track of people in your squad since its easy to split up and lose each other and not know where anyone is, or who people are.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
-/= Neutral leaning negative
unsure about this one. i get what you're aiming for and why you want it, but i think this may end up a bit unbalanced. i mean there is probably a good way to implement this, but then the question is, is it needed and worth dev time? ...i can't really say.

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
+Support
I think this would encourage communication and more tactical gameplay, which right now can be somewhat difficult at times. If it's implemented for all factions, it should prevent it from being unbalanced/unfair.

Potentially also, having a comms system similar to a radio channel between a squad, i.e. a separate in-game voice channel and text chat would also help here and be really useful.

Archangel

Civil Gamers Expert
Sep 21, 2021
If i may just include myself real quick, MRP's squad system works beautifully and it has its own pros and cons, you could look into using that instead.

Crimson

Dec 29, 2022
-Support

Said above, not worth dev time. If you want to use something like this, go to MRP

Crimson

Dec 29, 2022
or... just use the mrp system here. No one is gonna switch entire genres of server for a single system that could be implemented here.
Only certain devs have access to the MRP coding, most of which arent even playing SCPRP

Kevin Ki

Dec 7, 2022
+support

Honestly not much of a issue with adding it. As mentioned previously ERT has a form of this already, could add more to RP and is realistic for MTFs.

John "Kratos" Freeman

Oct 10, 2022
+support
if you use the MRP squad system it could be very useful in leading raids for CI and making patrol groups/defense groups in MTF.

Derek White

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Oct 12, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @FrostByte ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

We have denied this due to we seeing this as not needed due to the fact this would cause metagaming. Such as deep covers immediately uncovered as they would not be highlighted. If you have anymore questions on why this was denied feel free to shoot me a DM.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

Reactions: Emilia Foddg
Status
Not open for further replies.