Denied Standalone Breach event for 914 ( no "flag on SCP 914")

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Adding a breach event for SCP 914 using the system already implemented for SCPs like 323 and 8854, details about the SCP will be shown below:
Here's an extract from the casefile for SCP 914:
1710615104138.png
914 is notorious for just being the place you go to upgrade your shit or escape the site, with the addition of what we'll now call SCP-914-A that would definitely change
My idea for 914A would be a D-Class which has transcended after using the object (this is just what it looks like, for this to breach a d class does not need to be put into the SCP), honestly it'd probably be some glowing model which you put some godrays on to make him glow
1710615232215.png
Animation would be the only annoying part of this. I imagine 914A walking around like SCP 457, and occasionally floating above the ground like this as part of an ability I'll get onto later:
1710615313983.png
Since this guy has pretty much transcended, the area around him is lit up just using a light entity which follows it at all times

Some examples for special abilities for 914A, next to each is a parallel to one of 914's settings:

Rough:
Point at targets and dissolve them

Coarse:

Transmutes the weapon somebody's holding into something worse e.g. an M4 becomes a pistol

1-1:
Randomises target's HP (below or equal to the current HP of the target). Permanently changes model of targeted persons to something completely random for that life.

Fine:
Medium damage continuous beam of light shooting out of his chest to damage people via AOE. A small %age of damage dealt will convert to HP gained by 914A. During this is when the guy floats above like in that photo I showed above.

Very Fine, Transcends to the fourth dimension:
Can go invisible and travel a limited distance completely unseen in a flash of light (SCRAMBLERS will detect something moving around and make it appear like static as a counter to this). Drains energy much like inversion for reality benders

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Yes, but I'm not suggesting an actual player that hops on SCP 914 and breaches but rather spontaneous and random breaches much like the surface anomalies

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
New anomaly that can breach
Possibility for a standalone VIP package (more money for ventz ???) to access this SCP
Not much actually needs to be developed (no models need to be commissioned, would use the "energy system" TG and the spaceman use) just new abilities
SCP 073 will explode into a million pieces whenever a new player joins the server
New usage for SCRAMBLERS outside of 096

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
Dev time (i'm not a coder, i have no clue how long it'd take to develop this)
Balancing issues (which can be ironed out when it's released)
Might look fucking goofy

Custom animations would be annoying

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

I think it'd be a cool addition :)
Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons:
We do not accept suggestions pertaining to adding additional SCPs.
Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.

Reactions: KaptianCore

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
+Major Support
the primary aims of my suggestion were mostly the 914 breaching in the first place; with a little of the '914 flag on' funny

kinda sad my suggestion got denied for a preventable but understandable reason (despite it literally not making sense given what i said, but w/e)

this is also good. i wouldn't mind 914 breaching like a surface SCP would

YandereMuffin

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Dec 25, 2023
Feeling Neutral here.

I think it would be cool if a person put into 914 had a random chance to become a monster (similar to the ones you described even). I feel like other than some very minor possibilities of death 914 just isn't dangerous enough to randomly enter (plus becoming a monster is more fun than instant death.)

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
Feeling Neutral here.

I think it would be cool if a person put into 914 had a random chance to become a monster (similar to the ones you described even). I feel like other than some very minor possibilities of death 914 just isn't dangerous enough to randomly enter (plus becoming a monster is more fun than instant death.)
just wanna clarify cos idk if you're sure, the scp i described would spawn regardless of if somebody was put into 914 (if you choose to queue for it then you will get a popup like for 323 which will spawn you as the scp) what you've described would be pretty cool tho ngl

Arron 'Spectre' Shepard

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
May 8, 2022
Suggestion Denied

Hi @Bill Nye The Guy ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a server suggestion.
The Content Team has chosen to deny your suggestion due to the following reasons.

While we are open to suggestions, we do not believe that adding a 'breach' for SCP-914 is currently appropriate as this may limit roleplay that would be eligible to occur. To elaborate, SCP-914 enables roleplay beyond what may mechanically be available as players can seek staff or GM assistance if they have a roleplay idea in mind. We do not wish to introduce mechanics which could invalidate this.

Your suggestion will now be locked and marked as denied.​

• Love
Reactions: Bill Nye The Guy
Status
Not open for further replies.