That's a wrap.

James "Wontolla" Mellow

Jun 9, 2022
Obligatory depression-inducing music

I was hoping that I wouldn't make one of these. Not because of a reason like "Oh, I hope I never leave this server!" but rather the dread that follows with laying out a promise like a leaving post only to break it one or two months later. The only real reason I can defend posting this without looking like an attention-seeking whore is by actually holding myself true to a commitment for once. This one is leaving and (if the stars align) never coming back. On top of that, I am looking for closure.

I've grown to have a love-hate relationship with this server. I love the concept but hate the changes made over the past two years. I love the people I've met during my tenure, learned to hate, or at least have a distaste for a few. Love playing Foundation, Hate Playing Foundation. At this point, you can call me the inventor of bipolar disorder. My point is that I cannot seem to make up my mind as to how I feel about playing here. I've been through some wild "careers" (Don't kid yourself) over my tenure and have experienced all there is to experience. I wish I could say I enjoyed everything, but I would lie.

Writing this, I wondered why I committed to playing here over the last two years. I could've spent two years doing anything more productive than throwing away my (social) life. I've had plenty of times where parties around me started worrying about my well-being, as the only thing I seemed to be able to do was spend hours on a server where the gameplay loop gets evermore stale. I hope others who read this can see my wrongs and hopefully. Not copy+paste my life for the past. It's time I start anew. As a matter of fact, I am already in the process of doing so. I really hope it will make me happier, and maybe even find joy in doing something other than staring at pixels all day,

If I do not keep my promise and somehow fall back into my old habits, please do me a favour and kick me off this server. If that don't work, just send me a perma ban.

Here's the thank you list I guess. If your name isn't on it, don't be sad. I'm just trying to forget as much as possible. You'll know how to find me. Too lazy at this point to mention people on this forum, posting RP names instead. You know who you are.

Halberd, Moon, Wrath, Pyrite - Thank you for serving alongside me in A1. Your mere presence made it somewhat bearable.
Kevin Lowikeyes - I know you don't know me that well, but it was fun IG.
Naffen - You stink
James "Critical" - You were very chill
Cece - Best ECC/M (Too lazy to look up) up to date.
Kayla - W DOM
Damien - Thank you for being the best TG up to date. Also very chill person in general.
Raven - It was fun serving in gsd with you ig.
Tim Drake - Not much to say, just felt like you were notable.
No Fun - You were actually fun
Hitman - :Salute:

Obligatory end of post depression-inducing music

• Sad
Reactions: 'Halberd'

Prplex

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Donator
Dec 20, 2023
o7 (blacklisted from A1 for forgetting my name ?)

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
oh hey i know you

no mention smh, but i guess we never really interacted anyway so makes sense
o7

Naffen

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Donator
Apr 11, 2022
Actually a great person to talk to. Enjoy life away from the game

Otters

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
O7 my battlebit brother

Ollie

Jun 12, 2022
dam wontolla, I sorta saw this coming man but o7 and enjoy life i guess.