Denied Thaumatologist's Combative Role

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2022
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:

Change the Thaumatologist job from being a non-combative personnel to combative.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:

No.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):

The combative potential of the Thaum's reality bending will be unlocked, leading to:

A less restrictive and more fun roleplay experience for players.
The encouragement of players donating to the server to unlock Thaumatologist (XK-Class job).

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:

Thaum's may overpower factions like GSD, so it should be limited to 1 Thaum per D-Block, EZ, etc.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:

The benefits outweigh the negatives and that's why I feel this suggestion should be accepted.

Auburn

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Group Moderator
Jan 2, 2023
that would be incredibly funny, but
-Support
also, you could just make thaumatologist being combative not against the rules but just purely against the legal

that would be funnier
thaum joins in with raid defence and then gets arrested by IA after for it
You know damn well they wouldnt get arrested. It'd be the exact same situation as what happens currently with Containment Unit

Nov 27, 2022
Clearly you don't know what the fuck a thaumatologist is, please make suggestions on topics when you can understand them
-Support

There are only 3 reality benders which are combative, they are all SCPs

It's not reality bending but go off ig

b45.gifv

werta600

Jan 5, 2024
that would be incredibly funny, but
-Support
also, you could just make thaumatologist being combative not against the rules but just purely against the legal

that would be funnier
thaum joins in with raid defence and then gets arrested by IA after for it
Yeah, i would like for thauma to be able to defend itself with his powers, every time i have used my powers on any kind of personnel (even dclass) due to self-defense i have to make a clip or i risk being warned if the receiver makes a sit... Not the first time and not the last probably... and even with clip staff gets pissed i didnt try to run away the PKM armed dclass before detaining him

Reactions: Emilia Foddg

werta600

Jan 5, 2024
...but you're a thaumatologist, you can't be fearRPd by one guy with a gun
oh, i didnt mean about fearRP, i meant about a guy with a gun starts killing, i use my powers to restrain/kill him (depending on distance, weapon used and faction) instead of running away and they make a sit because im combating them

Reactions: Emilia Foddg
Status
Not open for further replies.