"The Ogre" Escalation Appeal (Senior/Super admin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogre

Oct 2, 2022
Your in-game name: "The Ogre"
Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:658674956
Your steam community link: Date of ban: May 6th 2023
What is your exact ban reason (shows when you try to connect): Naming Con, Stacked Warns
Who banned you: Sunari
Ban length?: 3 Days
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP USA
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url):

What will you do to stop this from happening again:
I will instead put a real name in my name even though I was not told by staff to do this.
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned?
Sadly yes
Why should you be unbanned:
Starting off the night of may 5th I hopped on the server and played for around an hour. I was on d class the whole time and knew I had not committed any violation to the rules (or so I thought), and it was at first by Fanboy a moderator who had told me to change my name to just "Ogre" instead of "The Ogre" because it was "Breaking Codename Violation" - Clip I said "I am not breaking the rules here as having The is not breaking the rule and I have had it said to be fine in the past" he then warned me for a second time as I refused to change it. After asking multiple times for another staff he finally got another staff to come up just for him to say the same thing, and so this staff whom I do not remember the name of changed my name to "Ogre" which still conveniently breaks the rule as it had no real name (Thanks). I get sent back and after a hour or two of debating with myself I change my name back to "The Ogre" which was a stupid mistake and I know. I had got pulled to a sit about two hours later by Sunari in which he had not said a singular word and banned me. I made a previous appeal in which it got denied by pyro because I was not caught up with the information. Previous Appeal.. I then had a fellow friend Leaf Ericson reach out to me with a screenshot from Requis (A UK SSL) in which says below I am allowed to have "The" in my codename as long as I had a real name in which I was not informed by ANY STAFF MEMBER.
1683488127569.png
I then reached out to Pyro about it and asking how he did not know this because he is a admin after all and he responded with
1683488220096.png
Meaning if a SL is under this impression obviously him telling other staff would give them this impression too.
I was then confronted that my name had still been under Codename violation for not having a real name with it in which I WAS NEVER INFORMED by anyone even having my name changed by a moderator to have just "Ogre" in which is not allowed.

I understand I broke a rule, but it was subconsciously as I was never informed about having it for my past months playing on this server and nobody has ever contacted me about it saying there was a problem until recently as it is "Being Enforced more often"

I further ask to either update the rules with this information or inform the staff about this as I have watched this happen to many others and its honestly ridiculous.
How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?:
I wont break any other rules on the server because I will HIGHLY MONITOR my gameplay and keep my name changed. As well I will make sure to contact SL about my concerns in the future I have with staff.
Why do you want to rejoin this server?:
I really like playing this server and it gives me something to do and connect with others when I can play video games on the weekends. I really can not most days so especially getting banned on the weekend sucks and I just want to play so I can have fun with others.

Blackknight95

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Group Moderator
Jun 7, 2022
Appeal Denied

Hi @The Ogre

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.
Currently, having a multiple-word code name while not being CL5, O1, or A1 is breaking the rules. We are looking into potentially changing it, however as is, it is still breaking the naming convention rule.

You may re-appeal in 2 weeks​

Status
Not open for further replies.