Thoughts on Kanye West's third studio album "Graduation"?

Deftone

Sep 20, 2022
Kanye West's "Graduation" is a timeless hip-hop classic that showcases the artist's undeniable creativity and artistic vision. Released in 2007, the album marked a pivotal moment in West's career, as it solidified his position as a leading figure in the genre and demonstrated his ability to continually innovate and push boundaries.

kanye-gif-6.gif
The album's opening track, "Good Morning," sets the tone for the rest of the project with its lush production and optimistic lyrics. From there, the album moves seamlessly between tracks that range from introspective to celebratory. One of the standout tracks on "Graduation" is "Stronger," a Daft Punk-sampled anthem that became an instant hit upon its release. The track's driving beat and catchy hook make it a standout moment on the album, and it's still a staple in hip-hop playlists today. Another standout track is "Flashing Lights," a moody and introspective song that features haunting vocals from Dwele. The track's production is a perfect match for West's introspective lyrics, and the result is a powerful and emotional listening experience.

"Can't Tell Me Nothing" is another standout track, featuring West's signature bravado and confident lyricism over a sparse, yet effective beat. It's a perfect example of the artist's ability to create anthemic, stadium-ready tracks that also have real emotional depth. The album's final track, "Big Brother," is a poignant and reflective moment that finds West reflecting on his relationship with Jay-Z, his mentor and one of the biggest names in hip-hop. The song's lyrics offer a rare glimpse into the behind-the-scenes dynamics of the music industry, and it's a fitting conclusion to an album that marks a major milestone in West's career.

1678213926241.png

Overall, "Graduation" is a stunning work of art that showcases West's range and versatility as an artist. From the stadium anthems to the introspective moments, the album is a testament to West's creative vision and his ability to push boundaries and explore new territory. It's a must-listen for any fan of hip-hop music, and it remains a classic in the genre over a decade after its release.

Last edited:

"Wick"

Sep 5, 2022
kanye definitely has some shitty views, but he does have some awesome albums.

+1

"Wick"

Sep 5, 2022
"Shitty views" What do you mean?
definitely should have clarified that when i wrote my original reply, what i mean by that is how he denied the holocaust and said that he "liked hitler."

he still makes good music though

Shepherd

MRP Patriot
Donator
Dec 25, 2020
2ae.jpg

Deftone

Sep 20, 2022
definitely should have clarified that when i wrote my original reply, what i mean by that is how he denied the holocaust and said that he "liked hitler."

he still makes good music though
But, he made graduation.