Accepted Toggleable Donation Roulette popup

This suggestion has been accepted for future development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 6, 2023
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Give us the option to toggle the popup when roulettes are added, or turn down the volume and shrink down the popup entirely

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
No

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
More visibility during firefights
Less annoying during actual roleplay interactions

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
None

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
There are certain times when people buy roulette after roulette, and while I appreciate them funding the server, it's horribly annoying when it's done on repeat and you want to get shit done.

It should be toggleable
or
shrink down the entire popup image by half.

I beg you, it's a big QOL change and frankly, I couldn't care less for what people get rewarded with

- support
this is a major selling point for CN
the big text is kinda the whole reason why people buy it in the first place
its not really common for people to buy it more then once
out of like 12 hours of activity on CN like 5 minutes of it will get blocked by this which i dont bellieve is a issue at all
the odds of you being actually hindered by this mid combat are very low

i see you haven't met some of our more uh, generous donators - i've seen a lot of roulettes run in a short time. especially post-crash, although that's kind of an outlier/edge case, since iirc raids shouldn't really be happening right after crashes anyways
honestly, those guys are practically funding the network by themselves, it's crazy how much people like senpai donate on a regular basis
out of like 12 hours of activity on CN like 5 minutes of it will get blocked by this which i dont bellieve is a issue at all
well, if combat situations are regular (they are in fact, very regular) and roulettes are... not consistent or frequent, but still regular - then it stands to reason that the more you play, the more likely it is this will affect you. this feels counterintuitive as you'd want to be encouraging retention, surely

Jan 6, 2023
- support
this is a major selling point for CN
the big text is kinda the whole reason why people buy it in the first place
358fe95d1fba52077a36047d4cff6b84.png

take a gander at how many times a day he blinded us more than a flashbang did

Reactions: Emilia Foddg
i should also point out that this is not a particularly random thing

this is a thing that can be done deliberately

like you can deliberately redeem a roulette to disrupt a raid or any kind of fight

i'm not accusing anyone of having done it, but the fact remains that it is a thing that people can elect to do

literal pay to troll mechanic

i see you haven't met some of our more uh, generous donators - i've seen a lot of roulettes run in a short time. especially post-crash, although that's kind of an outlier/edge case, since iirc raids shouldn't really be happening right after crashes anyways
honestly, those guys are practically funding the network by themselves, it's crazy how much people like senpai donate on a regular basis

well, if combat situations are regular (they are in fact, very regular) and roulettes are... not consistent or frequent, but still regular - then it stands to reason that the more you play, the more likely it is this will affect you. this feels counterintuitive as you'd want to be encouraging retention, surely
ok still you have to take into consideration certain things if you add this option players will just instantly toggle it on i know i will
and if everyone has it toggled on why would anyone even buy it
you also have to consider what is better for a server the 20$ or you getting back 20 % of your screen back for 30 seconds

Jan 6, 2023
ok still you have to take into consideration certain things if you add this option players will just instantly toggle it on i know i will
and if everyone has it toggled on why would anyone even buy it
you also have to consider what is better for a server the 20$ or you getting back 20 % of your screen back for 30 seconds
ok so whats wrong with turning it togglable though

its a qol option, its not going to kill the server

like i said if you make it togglable everyone will turn it off making the messege kinda of useless

yes but it can drastically decrease the servers funding which is like you imagine very important
whos gonna buy it if everyones got the popup turned off, kinda ruins the whole "this guy spent real money to gift everyone money/xp! be grateful!"
...or... you know... the change could make it less intrusive instead of not there at all? why is this a black-and-white situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.