Denied Trusted Member Role (Prop Spawning)

This suggestion has been denied and will not receive development.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this suggestion change/add/remove:
Adds a "Trusted Member" role to the community, given to members who have shown dedication and commitment to high quality roleplay to the server. This role would allow the player with the role to spawn a maximum of 20 props along with a discord role that shows a unique color.

This role would be application based. The requirements would be to have Total Level 150 and past experience in a CL4 or CL5 Job, as well as no warnings in the past 30 days and no bans in the past 60 days. The Server Leadership teams of each server would be responsible for reviewing the applications and determining which applicants are best fit for the role.

There would also, of course, be building rules to be enforced by the staff team for these members. If these members violate these rules intentionally, or create mingey dupes, they will be removed of their role and will be warned/banned (depending on severity) for their abuse of props. The rules could include things such as;

- Props may not block off any section of the map or be used to hinder the progress of hostile forces raiding (Such as forcing players to jump in order to reach an area that is normally accessible).

- Props cannot be placed inside of the vents, or be used to hinder travel into the vents.

- Any builds must remain reasonably realistic to the theme of the SCP world, and not showcase or imply any inappropriate content.

- Props cannot be placed inside of of spawns, bunks, or D-Block unless approved by Server Leadership. Permission must also be granted to place props inside of the Medical Bay, Floor 3, or HCZ by their respective supervisors (Medical Consultant, A-1 CO+/O5, E-11 Lieutenant+)

- If inside of Site-65, C.I Base, or the GOC FOB, their respective leaders (Site Administration+, CI Delcom+, GOC LT+) may order you to take down or edit your props. If you refuse, they will have the ability to 'arrest' your character and roleplay taking down your props (calling staff to remove them).

- Any staff member reserves the right to have you remove your props, or remove them forcefully, if the props are considered unrealistic or violate any of these rules.

Has something similar been suggested before? If so, why is your suggestion different?:
Not that I know of.

Possible Positives of the suggestion (At least 2):
+Visual Aesthetic
Having temporary props in places such as Personnel Wing, HCZ Checkpoints, etc can all greatly improve the visual aesthetic of the server and give more variety to how the map looks on a regular basis.

+Roleplay opportunities
This can greatly expand the opportunities for roleplay people have. Such as creating props to suggest a quarantine zone, creating different areas on the surface to improve surface roleplay, having divisions designed for building, etc.

+Gameplay style
There are many players who like to express their creativity, and would love to do so with building. This could introduce a new gameplay style for players to experience while greatly reducing the risk of rule breaks or mingy behavior.

Possible Negatives of the suggestion:
-Lag
The most obvious negative, more props will usually mean more lag in certain areas. That's why Server Leadership limits the amount of props each bunk/office can have.

-Rule Breaks
Staff would have to keep a close eye on this new addition to ensure people are not abusing it in any way.

Based on the Positives & Negatives, why should this suggestion be accepted:
Overall I believe this could benefit the server more than it would hurt it. This grants the opportunity to vastly improve roleplay while heavily restricting it to ensure the likelihood of abuse is as low as it can be while rewarding veteran players and members who have shown care for the community. The amount of roleplay opportunity this can provide, especially for the surface, along with the improved aesthetic, I believe makes this role worth-while.

To address concerns of lag, this is still a concern. I'm sure having more props does affect server performance. However I believe most of the server performance issues come more from PAC than it does from props, and I personally haven't had many lag issues. Also, with how limited this role is with the very strict requirements and the need for each player to be reviewed by the Server Leadership team, I don't believe there will be a ton of issues surrounding it. You could also choose to limit the props more from 20 to 15 or even 10 per trusted member.

And to address concerns of abuse, as I said before this role is extremely restricted. The majority of the playerbase won't meet these requirements, and the ones that do are veteran members of the community who people trust. I don't believe abuse regarding this will be common at all, and it can be taken away from the player very easily.

-rep

There is a role given out during events/when building rooms to trusted members called the "Helper" badge, with basic permissions of a mod or tgm, such as noclipping and spawning in props. I've been given it several times when reworking bunks/offices. If it's needed for RP enhancement, a Sr Admin+ can give that badge to event characters for the duration of the event, and if it's needed for building areas, then Sr Admin+ can give it for the build.

Status
Not open for further replies.