[U.S.A] Halo's Director of Research Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2022
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:155919919
Discord name: lafemmerose
For how long have you played on CG SCP: I have been actively playing on the server a month after the US server had opened. I then took a break in May of 2023, and returned earlier this year in 2024.
In what country are you located?: United States of America
Time zone: Mountain Standard Time - UTC−07:00
Character name(s):
SCP Foundation
: Alexander Halo
Chaos Insurgency (deleted character in favor of UNGOC): CI-G "Empress" Elios
UNGOC: Shirin "Sentinel" Naomi
Civilian name: Halo
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP USA
Do you have a mic?: I do, however I am a mute. I am currently in voice training so I may be more comfortable with my voice, so that will become more prominent over time, when I am comfortable enough to actively speak.

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
SCP-096
- Holding
Executive Researcher - Twice & Honorary, Held in 2022, recently rejoined in early 2024. (Mid February)
Deputy DoR - Held
DoR - Held
Site Advisor - Held
Site Director - Held
O5-7 - Held
O5-2 - Held
CI-Gamma - Held
UNGOC First Sergeant - Held
UNGOC Lance Corporal - Holding

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: I have not.

Why are you applying for Director of Research?
With the time I have taken between applications, I have grown rather fond of the responsibilities again, and I wish to give myself a higher sense of responsibility and purpose within the site again. Taking care of my department is my passion, and I want to do it more effectively, to make sure everyone, including myself, become their best versions of themselves.

What makes you suitable for Director of Research?:
Conduct/Ethics Upholding

I feel, in terms of enforcing the FLC, I do a good job at enforcing it as I come across problems within the regiment. When research personnel mess around, I try my best to guide them into a better path of conduct, rather than bluntly cuffing them and arresting them.

Activity

I try to put at least 3 hours of my time into the site whenever I am on, and I try to be as consistent as humanely possible. I feel I am well equipped and capable of putting more than the activity requirements for the Director of Research position, and I want to exercise this to give Research a Director that can be on during times where the other cannot.

What are the responsibilities of the Director of Research in RP?:
The Director of Research's role is to be the head of Research, managing the department with the assistance of the Executive Researchers. They are to manage CL4 staff within Research, and oversee tests that require their direct approval. Additionally, they serve as the nexus for Site Administration, for research staff. The Director of Research is directly responsible for the departments overall health.

Please give some lore about your Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in:

My current character is taken from my own personal SCP project which is still a work-in-progress. (This lore is in the CN universe, and is tweaked accordingly.)

A life of silently fearing for what type of disease would overtake her was all she had thought about in her time at Area-22. The occasional alarms and smell of iron mixed with traces of gunpowder had well adjusted into her psyche at this point. This facility was a sarcophagus of disease and famine, only kept afloat by automated quarantine measures, and she was right in the middle of it, tasked with finding remedies for some of the Foundation's nastiest pathogens. Twisting hating flesh, brain melting prions, organic clockwork, the spawn of Sarkites and Daevites alike had all singed into her mind, embedding themselves as a normal work day.

Then, on one unfortunate day, the SCP-610 infected area they were supposed to monitor experienced an anomalous fluctuation. Hours into the breach, she as forced to reside in an of a barely secure office, turning out the screams of her coworkers, with the occasional gunshots, with a creature even trying to break into her own office. Eventually, with the hands of Beta-7 and Epsilon-9, the facility was cleaned and sterilized, corrupted flesh beings cooking and screaming.

The psychological trauma that had befallen her that day broke her. In a plea to get her to continue working, and maintain the knowledge she had, the O5 Council, in conjunction with the Ethics Committee, ordered her to transfer to a different site and receive amnestic treatment, against her judgement. Soon, she had made a transfer to an isolated Site in Canada, near a rural village, in the middle of nowhere.

Over time, she had grown accustomed to the new changes, even if a particular prion was still present, but she paid no quarter of mind towards it. Her work had earned her the title of a member of Site-65's Executive Board. With recent events, the Director had resigned, and a slot opened. She picked up the phone to RAISA, and gave in a word.

Rarely do the virtuous, or the innocent gain favor in the eyes that cannot be seen.

Loviatar

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Oct 7, 2023
+support | Tons of experience and has done good since they have returned.

Chii

Aug 20, 2023
+Support
Halo is a kind individual who I don't think I have seen even once doing something unbecoming of the position, id be happy to work under them.

Apr 20, 2023
To: ahalo@scpf.int
Subject: Application Status

SARXUlk.png

| Application Approved |

Greetings Alexander,

This is a message composed by the Site Inspectorate to inform you that your application for the position of Director of Research has been accepted and is pending privilege transfer. You will be contacted on site to have your access clearance updated.

We welcome you, Director.
Rv9n17x.png

Status
Not open for further replies.