[UK] 'Ana''s Executive Researcher Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

SS3920

Aug 11, 2022
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:91581072
Discord name: AnaBanana#8898
For how long have you played on CG SCP: Too Long. 1675757588900.png1675757600797.png
In what country are you located?: England
Time zone: GMT-0
Character name(s): 'Ana'(Formerly Sarah Stevens)
Civilian name: Ana Stevenson
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK
Do you have a mic?: Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
- Exec Researcher (Held for approx.. 3 months?), Site Advisor (Held for about 3 weeks), Director of Research (Held for 2 weeks.)
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:

- One warn for toxicity months ago

Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?

I am reapplying for the role of executive researcher because I truly miss my time on the team. I've spent about a month and a half away from the research department and despite how sad it has been I believe it has done me the world of good. Id like to return to serious roleplaying within the server and this is the role that I feel most comfortable doing that with.

What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?:

As noted above I was an executive researcher for around 3 or 4 months, I understand the role thoroughly and did it to the best of my ability throughout my time. For a while I would be the one to approve the majority of the documents (until I became a site advisor then I'm pretty sure Simon became the one to approve them) and I was active for a worryingly long time basically daily. Even whilst I'm a combat medic if there's a researcher that needs help I am more than happy to help and will do so to the best of my ability.

How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?

I have no idea how many excellent documents I've written but I am fairly sure its in the double digits at this point as when I had originally applied back in October of last year I had 5. A document needs at least an Aim, Method, Results and a Conclusion. That's the bare minimum. Although ideally if you're aiming to make it an excellent you should really go into detail about what you're doing and what happens. In order to boost the document overall up to an excellent its a good idea to add imagery (unless its 096.) of the scps you're talking about or anything else you deem necessary. You could also add a contents page, this helps those who are reading it to navigate your document and reach the information they need easily. A unnecessary but fairly good addition to the document could be 'information packs' on the scps you're researching, this could be where you insert the imagery that I was talking about earlier. This again will help those reading understand the document a lot better.

What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:

An executive researchers main responsibility is to guide new researchers through the field and answer any questions they may have. This could include training them via lectures or doing 1-1 teaching. An executive researcher also reads through and either approves or denies documents that get uploaded to the scipnet by other researchers. They may also approve tests by researchers so long as it is at the appropriate level, if not, they can send it up towards the director of research. Executive Researchers also have to attend weekly meetings to discuss any changes to the research department or what each of the executives did throughout the week.

Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:

> File: Personnel File: Sarah Stevens
> Access File?
> File Loading . . .
> File Accessed By [REDACTED]
> Name: Sarah Stevens
> Age: 25
> Gender: Female
> Born: [REDACTED], England
> Current Position: Exec. Researcher
> Arrived on site [REDACTED]/August/2022
> Education: BSc Hons [Attempted Masters, However joined foundation]
> Photo: [Unavailable]
Mother: [Redacted] [Deceased] | Father: [Redacted][Alive]
Siblings: [Redacted] and [Redacted] [Both Alive]

> Mother killed by [REDACTED]. Sarah witnessed it [Amnesticated]. No knowledge of the event. Seems content.
> Not close with either of her siblings. Does not mention them.
> Consistent interest in the sciences. Attended university studying chemistry. Graduated with 1:1.
> Began working on creating compounds. Came across [REDACTED] and became flagged by the foundation.
> Offered position at the foundation. Agreed.

Sarah Stevens was born on [REDACTED] in [REDACTED], England. She is the middle child between and older sibling, [REDACTED], and a younger sibling, [REDACTED]. She has always had a more 'bossy' side to her, much to the dismay of her siblings. Despite this she was always considered a rather happy and social sibling, at least until [REDACTED] when her Mother was killed by SCP-[REDACTED]. Sarah witnessed the event and despite being amnesticated it seemed to change her regardless. She was still quite social however there was always an edge to what she said. One thing that stuck with her though was this unshakable interested in the Sciences. She began pursuing the subject of Chemistry in Highschool, even spending her free time reading up on the latest discoveries and learning about all the past ones. This infatuation caused her to become really quite recluse, she stopped interacting with those around her and much preferred the company of her studies or a book.
Once Highschool was over, Sarah moved into Central London to study Chemistry and graduated with honours. Her time at University she had managed to land herself a job at a nearby lab working with new compounds and trying to create cures for the ever resilient illnesses we deal with daily. One fateful day, Sarah was looking over a new batch of compounds that had been delivered to the lab and had come across what we know as SCP-[REDACTED]. She began testing on this compound as she had not seen something with this make-up before. She thought it would make her famous. The best of the best. Respected. Her testing was of course flagged by the foundation who had been trying to locate SCP-[REDACTED] for the past day. Sarah had managed to discover that SCP-[REDACTED] had the properties to [REDACTED] and was about to submit her reports on this substance when [REDACTED] approached her with an offer she couldn't quite refuse.

> Log #1842 [Sarah Stevens - [REDACTED]]
> Access File?
> Loading . . .
> File Accessed By: [REDACTED]

>Log Begins
> Sarah Stevens: I'm not entirely sure you should be here, this is private property.
> [REDACTED]: I think you should take a seat, Ms. Stevens.
> S. Stevens: Right. And who are you exactly?
> Rustling can be heard as Stevens sits down on a chair.
> [REDACTED]: I see you've taken quite an interest in that substance over there.
> S. Stevens: Yes. Are you familiar with it?
> [REDACTED]: All to well. You see, that substance is something we call an SCP. Specifically SCP-[REDACTED].
> S. Stevens: A [REDACTED] What???
> [REDACTED]: Calm down Ms. Stevens. I have an offer for you.
> S. Stevens: Oh?
> [REDACTED]: I'm [REDACTED] from the SCP Foundation, more specifically Site-65. We research anomalous subjects and contain those that may cause harm to civilization. We could use a brain like yours. So, Are you in or are you in?
> S. Stevens: Wait- But-
> [REDACTED]: No, you're not getting more information. Its either a yes or a no. You could research things way beyond this petty lab. You could do so much more.
> S. Stevens: Okay. I'm in.
> Log Ends.

brewr

Jun 23, 2022
Scotland
Sarah, when she was previosly an Executive Researcher, did an amazing job and fulfilled the role well. Even managing to obtain the position of the Director of Research.

Your application is spot on. However, a question of mines remains unanswered.

What are your overall goals in the Science Department?

( When answered, I'll be leaving my support then )

/ Edit /

Upon reading Sarah's goals for the Executive position I have decided to leave a...

+ Support

Last edited:
Reactions: SS3920

SS3920

Aug 11, 2022
Sarah, when she was previosly an Executive Researcher, did an amazing job and fulfilled the role well. Even managing to obtain the position of the Director of Research.

Your application is spot on. However, a question of mines remains unanswered.

What are your overall goals in the Science Department?

( When answered, I'll be leaving my support then )
Hi Bartender,

As an executive there is obviously only so much that I personally can do. However with the limited power that I do have I would like to work on making the research department a friendlier place. The late night knife fights between some researchers may make it seem undesirable, especially for those who intend on reaching higher ranks. This would also be something that I would crack down on. It seems that since there are less authoritative figures on later into the night the researchers believe that they can do essentially anything and go on a minging spree, which isn't really good for anyone. So that would be cool to reduce or remove.

These are my initial plans, obviously I will have newer and more long term plans in the future but from where i stand right now these seem like the most do-able.

I hope this helps!
Ana

Stealth

Blacklisted Player
Dec 4, 2022
+1 Support
- Active
- CL4 Jr + Experience
- Written many documents for the department
- Would be a good fit for the department

• Love

"Draco"

Jan 3, 2023
+Support
Only seen you a couple times, but from your past roles and a good application i will give my support

Tobi Sallow

Sep 20, 2022
+ Support

There's nothing that I could add here that other members of the site do not already know. Ana has been and would once again be an excellent addition to the research department administration.

RedSpeeds

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Mar 15, 2022
Neutral

Hey there while i do believe you would be a good fit for our department. You leaving very recently after becoming DoR prevents me from giving this my support. Id like for you to prove your gonna join and stick around by convincing me of your activity. Ill be watching you and your tests closely over the week and shall adjust my feedback appropriately

ThunderCloud

Nov 7, 2022
Neutral

- Low activity since about a month ago
- I’ve seen and been told that you minge on the server.

I’m not going to question your ability of becoming an Exec. Researcher as you’ve been one for a while after you left. As far as I’ve heard during the time you were Exec. before you did quite a good job, but whenever I’ve seen you on I see you minge and being rude to people. Not only that you became Dept. Director and just left a few weeks after. I feel that you should regain your previous reputation before trying to apply again as Exec. Researchers should show true dedication to becoming a Director in the future.

SS3920

Aug 11, 2022
In Response to Lict and Latvian:
(@ThunderCloud @RedSpeeds )
Id like to preface this by saying these are not excuses, im just explaining from my point of view.

This is what i deem the most important part of this reply, so only read this if you want to I dont mind. I left for a month due to harassment issues and how i was being treated in the server that ended up having very severe consequences on my mental health and myself outside of the server. Through this month I decided to change my name and the job I played in order to hopefully not be recognised by those who were the cause of this. Neither of you could have known this as you were not friends or even remotely close to me however I find it unfair that me attempting to rejoin the server is going to be judged on me leaving the server in order to protect myself. I didnt leave for the fun of it, as cringy as it is I was heartbroken to leave but i really genuinely had to. (edit) I have also been active nearly daily for the past month. I have just changed my name and probably play when you arent here.

As for being rude, I dont believe I am, youre probably referring to how I call my friends or people i respect "Stinky" or say "your mum" fairly frequently. This is because i genuinely believe I am hilarious. I understand this is not true but nothing can get in the way of this delusion apparently. I am willing to work on this though however I dont think I will ever stop calling my friends stinky or using your mum jokes towards them, perhaps when im trying to make new friends within the server I shouldnt use that as an attempt. I have had some moments where I have been rude to someone but that is usually when I am defending myself because the person im talking to has been genuinely rude to me or has attempted to backstab me despite the fact i am a combat medic.

As for minging, I dont think it could class as minging. Sure I may mess around sometimes but at the end of the day I get my job done. At first I was just trying to learn to love the server again because I wanted to and I missed my friends. I dont go around RDMing people, maybe I shut doors on my friends. If i accidentally kill a person in combat im likely to start shouting IM SORRY because it is an accident, I genuinely cannot aim to save my life (which explains the no combat roles :skull:). Ive what, made jokes about releasing people, I never do, when i have my cuffs if i accidentally cuff someone because i didnt move my mouse away ill apologise immediately and release them. I aim guns at my friends or people i respect, i NEVER shoot them, unless its someone im close with and believe they wont send me to tribunal. Its been something ive done since back in August, ive never had a warn for RDM or MRDM so why would you think im just going to shoot up the foundation after putting so much time into the server.

I dont want to become a DoR again, atleast not for now. I am perfectly content staying as an executive for however long I stay in the server for because that is where I was most comfortable. I didnt enjoy the fact I was not allowed to have fun and was judged differently to others when I left my role of executive. In the three weeks i was Site Advisor people tried to tribunal me around 3 times i think, so thats what one tribunal a week? Most of these were from people i considered friends. I dont want to do that again, so no, I wont be showing dedication for a role I do not want, however, I will be showing dedication towards my executive role, the same way I always did.

I respect both of your answers, however really thought it was important to shed light on the way I act, especially as to why I left since that is truly unfair in my eyes. Do not judge me for leaving when i absolutely had to.

Last edited:

Claire!

Blacklisted Player
May 29, 2022
Los Angeles, California
+Support.

Ana is overall really kind, Polite.
Of course there is some trolling, but its all with friends and we all are here to have fun its not RDMing, or MRDM. We are here to have fun and not sit around doing nothing all day.

And has the expirence.

• Love

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
Neutral

Hey there while i do believe you would be a good fit for our department. You leaving very recently after becoming DoR prevents me from giving this my support. Id like for you to prove your gonna join and stick around by convincing me of your activity. Ill be watching you and your tests closely over the week and shall adjust my feedback appropriately
well Sarah/ana was a exec for 3 months and left after DOR after 2 weeks due to personal issues just thought i could clear it up

ThunderCloud

Nov 7, 2022
In Response to Lict and Latvian:
(@ThunderCloud @RedSpeeds )
Id like to preface this by saying these are not excuses, im just explaining from my point of view.

This is what i deem the most important part of this reply, so only read this if you want to I dont mind. I left for a month due to harassment issues and how i was being treated in the server that ended up having very severe consequences on my mental health and myself outside of the server. Through this month I decided to change my name and the job I played in order to hopefully not be recognised by those who were the cause of this. Neither of you could have known this as you were not friends or even remotely close to me however I find it unfair that me attempting to rejoin the server is going to be judged on me leaving the server in order to protect myself. I didnt leave for the fun of it, as cringy as it is I was heartbroken to leave but i really genuinely had to. (edit) I have also been active nearly daily for the past month. I have just changed my name and probably play when you arent here.

As for being rude, I dont believe I am, youre probably referring to how I call my friends or people i respect "Stinky" or say "your mum" fairly frequently. This is because i genuinely believe I am hilarious. I understand this is not true but nothing can get in the way of this delusion apparently. I am willing to work on this though however I dont think I will ever stop calling my friends stinky or using your mum jokes towards them, perhaps when im trying to make new friends within the server I shouldnt use that as an attempt. I have had some moments where I have been rude to someone but that is usually when I am defending myself because the person im talking to has been genuinely rude to me or has attempted to backstab me despite the fact i am a combat medic.

As for minging, I dont think it could class as minging. Sure I may mess around sometimes but at the end of the day I get my job done. At first I was just trying to learn to love the server again because I wanted to and I missed my friends. I dont go around RDMing people, maybe I shut doors on my friends. If i accidentally kill a person in combat im likely to start shouting IM SORRY because it is an accident, I genuinely cannot aim to save my life (which explains the no combat roles :skull:). Ive what, made jokes about releasing people, I never do, when i have my cuffs if i accidentally cuff someone because i didnt move my mouse away ill apologise immediately and release them. I aim guns at my friends or people i respect, i NEVER shoot them, unless its someone im close with and believe they wont send me to tribunal. Its been something ive done since back in August, ive never had a warn for RDM or MRDM so why would you think im just going to shoot up the foundation after putting so much time into the server.

I dont want to become a DoR again, atleast not for now. I am perfectly content staying as an executive for however long I stay in the server for because that is where I was most comfortable. I didnt enjoy the fact I was not allowed to have fun and was judged differently to others when I left my role of executive. In the three weeks i was Site Advisor people tried to tribunal me around 3 times i think, so thats what one tribunal a week? Most of these were from people i considered friends. I dont want to do that again, so no, I wont be showing dedication for a role I do not want, however, I will be showing dedication towards my executive role, the same way I always did.

I respect both of your answers, however really thought it was important to shed light on the way I act, especially as to why I left since that is truly unfair in my eyes. Do not judge me for leaving when i absolutely had to.
Fair enough, the only way I actually found out your previous name is from your lore…

• Wow

MrSiens

Senior Game Master
Senior Game Master
Mar 21, 2022
umomwhh-png.4963

Application Accepted

Hello Ana,
I am very happy to welcome you back to the Executive Team.

Contact me at your Earliest Convenience Regarding your Interview.​

Status
Not open for further replies.