[UK] Arron 'Spectre' Shepard's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arron 'Spectre' Shepard

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
May 8, 2022
Original Steam login name (your accounts first ever name): Ayrton
How many hours of playtime do you have? (vtime_menu in console): Approximately 368 hours based off the one month achievement converted from seconds to hours.
In what country are you located?: United Kingdom
Time zone: BST (GMT+1)
Foundation Name (include your regiment and rank if applicable): O-1 CPT Arron 'Spectre' Shepard
Chaos name (include your rank): CI-B Scott Miller
Civilian name: Paul Harrison
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:65880059
Do you have a mic?: Yes
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK
Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications:
Yes
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
No
Do you have any previous experience as a staff member in a community?:
Yes, I was an Admin for a large arma 3 roleplay community that has since shut down. I climbed through the ranks of trial moderator, moderator and senior moderator before becoming an admin. Responsibilities I had throughout my time as a staff member were reviewing applications to be whitelisted onto the server, reviewing compensation requests, reviewing player reports, ban appeals and providing support to lower ranking staff when situations were passed up the chain of command.
Do you have any previous experience with serious roleplay?:
I have an extensive history on arma 3 roleplay servers. With most of my 3466 hours on arma 3 being spent on altis life and arma 3 life servers I have had the opportunity to experience a variety of roles on servers and "saw it all" in terms of roleplay scenarios. In the main comunity I was a part of I climbed to the rank of Lieutenant in the police, in another I was the 2IC of the whitelisted rebel faction and finally I was handpicked to join MI5 on another server primarily due to my excellent roleplay.
How many hours can you be on everyday?:
Atleast 2-3 hours a day on average excluding any LOA I have to take for a holiday etc. On weekends this increases as is a common trend with players. As I am an O-1 Captain I am already required to be highly active and have no problem maintaining this.
Why do you want to become a moderator for our server?:
I have been patient in applying to join the staff team as I only wish to join when I am familiar with the servers functionality, player habits and roleplay environment. I have always seeked to participate in communities I am apart of and with my activity being high and the staff always working hard to keep up with demand for their help I would like to assist in relieving some of this pressure. In real life I was previously a volunteer swimming teacher at my local swimming pool, teaching children of ages 6-13 to swim. As this was a volunteer position this demonstrates my commitment to provide a service to the community without reaping significant benefit other than the satisfaction of helping others.
What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants?:
Being on the older end of players in the community I believe that I have gained more valuable life experience in handling conflict between people and working towards achieving an understanding and positive resolution. My objective is to assist you on the server in promoting a positive player experience that makes people wish to not only return to the server, but also tell their friendss about it as word-of-mouth is very important for gaming communities to grow. As CG is already a large community, providing stability is a large focus for the leadership and to do that you require a capable and committed staff team. Another strength of mine is communication, I was recently selected for a position on the easyJet pilot training programme and part of the selection process was a group exercise in which I took a strong leading role in the team followed by an individual interview. Interviews for any job require clear and concise communication, especially one where you will be speaking to people of many different cultures and nationalities much like is seen on the SCP-RP UK server. I also regularly see times with lower staff numbers on and players requesting staff to assist them with issues and as I am present for some of these times that is another benefit of recruiting me. Often, when players come into conflict there is a misunderstanding between them which, with the help of a moderator, can be resolved so they do not harbour ill will towards one another.
*Please note I am on an LOA 18th-25th June so wanted to get this application in but will not be on this week*

Last edited:

John Paul.

Civil Gamers Expert
Feb 5, 2022
Ireland

+ Support.

+ Mature.

+ Active.
+ MTF CO [Senior postion]
+ Nice guy.
+ Many good interactions with you.
+ Good application.

Best of luck.
- John Paul.

Last edited:

Jotaro J. K.

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Jan 22, 2022
+ Support
+ Very well written application
+ Seen Active Daily
+ Best interactions
+ Good rule knowledge
+ Kind and calm guy

Good luck man :D

Renolk

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Aug 20, 2021
+Support

+Good Roleplay interactions
+Friendly
+Rule Knowledge

Jester

Mar 24, 2022
+ Support

+ Active
+ Friendly
+ Mature
+ Great RP Interactions
+ Detailed Application
+ Rule knowledge

There isn't much I can add on to this, I think you would be great in the Staff team. Good Luck!

Yeke

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Mar 20, 2022
+Support

After reading your application you definetly have lots of transferrable skills and knowledge you bring with you, furthermore your experience with serious RP is lengthy, not only this, you have shown great patience in learning to community prior to applying to ascertain if it is a community you wish to have passion for, this is a great trait of someone ensuring that the community fits his values, as such you have put some good thought into this.

Although I havn't seen you much, the responses of my colleagues, the detail of your application and the content of it show you have what it takes.

Good Luck.

Requis

Super Administrator
Super Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Group Moderator
Apr 30, 2022

+++ Support

+ Very mature (In all interactions)
+ Great rule knowledge

Deleted member 55

Application Accepted

Hi @Arron Shepard,

Thanks for taking the time to make a moderator application.

Congratulations on having your application accepted, please join the Interview Waiting Room in TeamSpeak and put "Waiting for Interview" in your name so we can proceed with the next stage of the process.​

Status
Not open for further replies.