[UK] Athena's ECM Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon

Jul 12, 2022
+Support
I've worked with Jessie from when she was in E-11, working as an ECA on our case and her supervising E-11 as SA. I can say that she is a mature, professional and quick worker. She has multiple CL4 experience, including ECA and SA, and has a lot to show for that. Personally, during our hearing Jessie was always there to help as an ECA and an SA, I can say with confidence that she helped E-11 become what it is now.

• Love
Reactions: 'Athena'
Apr 12, 2022
+SUPPORT
-Deputies Member as ECA
-Experience as Site Admin
-Great Interactions
-Mature
-Friendly
-Everything else, never had a problem with Athena

Attachments

• FXfIHiEakAeremmmmwatdabannaALTEp.jpg
    FXfIHiEakAeremmmmwatdabannaALTEp.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Love
Reactions: 'Athena'
Neutral

I'm sure you're a nice person, but I do have to say, your trajectory through the server is a bit too quick for my liking. I had a flick through your apps and I can see you received Site Administration exceptionally fast, which isn't a problem on its own: I asked around and heard that you have done a good job as a member of Site Administration. However, I think there is a lot of value in allowing yourself to mature in a position before jumping to the next. It gives you a more well-rounded view of the server, and it also reduces friction when you do eventually move up through the ranks. Two months is a little quick to be applying for CL5.

Not saying you need to stick around and wait until you get Site Director (although working your way up always helps), but I do think it'd be better for your experience overall if you spent a bit more time focusing on your other roles - maybe obtaining one or two more CL4 roles to broaden your experience - before jumping into a CL5 role. The best Site Command members to work with, from my experience, are always the one who have built up plenty of knowledge over time.

Neutral

I do share the same opinion with cloak and have voiced this with him at points before and after his post.

People need to remain in Site Admin a lot longer before jumping to site command. So they work for the role, keep retention and feel like they deserved the role and generally is more interested. That's how it should work, that's how SA is then full of talented individuals that do a lot of work which is beneficial to the foundation.

You have joined the server just over 2 months ago meaning there is a lot of trust you need to earn. It is important to keep transparency in long standing members attaining high positions on the server, that doesn't always mean people don't have a chance or there isn't outliers, it just means you are less likely to get the role over others depending on work ethic.

There is some controversy which can definitely be stamped out quite easily. Some quarrels need to be ended in order to make sure people have faith in your ability to fulfil the duties of a site command member.

All this said, I do believe you would be a great ECM member in the foreseeable future and I hope this doesn't demotivate you and makes you push yourself further.

Nevertheless good luck!
Winkie

Status
Not open for further replies.