Date of demotion?: 2023/11/05

What server were you demoted from?: SCP-RP UK

What is the case against you?: Improper Handling of a Sensitive Situation

Is this true?: Yes

Prior to this demotion, have you ever been demoted?: No

Have you ever been kicked/warned/banned?:
Nothing for nearly 8 months: Proof

What is your side of the story?:
As it is a sensitive situation, I am unable to give full details regarding the incident to remain in compliance with Section 12 of the staff handbook. However, I am able to share the following.
  1. As soon as I was made aware of the existence of the sensitive situation, I immediately moved to retrace my steps and reduce the damage done, cooperating with network leadership throughout.
  2. I was compliant, professional, and respectful throughout my interactions with network leadership, providing them screenshots of conversations, and offering information to assist them in handling the situation.
  3. Throughout my demotion with Yeke, I was calm and understanding, acknowledging my mistakes and assisting him and Super Admin Rushi with the removal process.
  4. After my demotion, I offered Rushi the chance to do a handover of the Weapon Rework, a project helmed by myself from within the content team, to make sure that it gets done as it is important to the community.
  5. I refrained from disclosing the details of the incident to people who asked afterwards, only explaining my position after the appeal with Ventz had gone through and I ran the message by Yeke first. I wanted no risk of further damaging the investigations NL were running.
  6. Lastly, I have settled my situation with Ventz regarding the situation. I have given my apology for the situation, and the appeal I made was accepted. Reducing my staff blacklist from 6 months to 4 weeks (The evidence for this is linked here). This placed my blacklist expiry date at 2023/12/03.

Why should you return / what will you change?:
The month I have been gone from the staff team has given me a lot to think about. I have come to realise that I greatly miss being a part of this team. I took pride in the responsibilities I was given, I was proud of the work I did for the community, and after spending time away I learned to appreciate the feeling I got helping people in the community. I miss that feeling. I miss being a part of the team, solving issues, helping people solve problems, and helping staff members get through tough situations, it's all work I greatly enjoyed doing and I would like to return to this.

If allowed back into the staff team, I will immediately move to rejoin the content team. I had many ideas and plans for the team and would like to continue with those goals upon returning. I would also like to pick up the weapon rework TripTrap took over in my absence, as it was the project I started my time in the team with.

To prevent an incident like this from occurring in the future, I will endeavour to be more careful in what I say and do going forward. This was caused by jumping blind. Not thinking before acting, and going off of empathy ahead of my proper judgement. I learnt this lesson about as hard as I could have, and will never make this mistake again.

Last edited:

Broda

Game Master
Game Master
Mar 20, 2022
Auburn continues to act in a professional manner and was a brilliant staff member. I do hope he can jump back in as Head Moderator and continue the good work he was doing

Kree

May 17, 2023
+Support
+Did great work as staff and helped out a lot

checkraisefold

Dec 3, 2022
+support
let him cook

-support
dont let this guy rejoin staff i will not able to bully him anymore
:mad:

Renolk

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Aug 20, 2021
+Support

I believe you learnt from your mistake/s

Good luck

Zen

Sep 16, 2023
+Support
No idea of what the mentioned sensitive situation is about (as it should be), but every time I've heard Auburn talk about his Content Team and general staff work, he's always seemed very passionate about it, and he's very active on the server. Never had a negative interaction.

TripTrap

Oct 16, 2022
United Kingdom
+Support
As stated above, Auburn still maintains his professionalism and still interprets his in-depth staff knowledge which he uses constantly to better not only his but others experience whilst playing the server despite him not being a pledged staff member anymore. Auburn always went above and beyond with his duties, constantly aiding lower ranked staff members with anything they required. Auburn was an amazing part of Content Team and always had the best ideas / the surreal ability to get things rolling. I think it would be great to see Auburn return to the Staff Team once more.

Best of Luck!

-TripTrap

'Blue'

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
Kuwait

+Support

Everything has been mentioned above, good luck!

Edwin

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Jul 10, 2023
+support
He made a mistake but I believe he can learn

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
+Support
-I cannot make this clear enough, but Auburn was one of the best staff members I have ever seen. He was, and still is professional and looking out for the community. He's also extremely unbiased during any situation, and a great person to be around.

Rushi

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Content Team
Group Moderator
May 23, 2022
Appeal Accepted

Hi @Auburn,

Thanks for taking the time to make a demotion appeal.

Before your demotion, you were an amazing staff member that helped others and the content alot. I trust that what happened that led to your demotion will not repeat again and that you will continue doing good as a Staff member. This appeal will be accepted and you'll be brought back as a Head Moderator.

Please contact a Senior Admin+ to continue with this process. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.