Character name(s): David Brent
Civilian name: Davide Brent
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA):SCP-RP UK
Do you have a mic?: Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
N/A
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
N/A
Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?

I have found a passion for research, especially when done correctly. I would love to be able to further this and expand the horizons of not only my research but other members of the research departments, especially within the new "On-boarding" initiative I would like to help incorporate new researchers into the department. I've also found that we seem to lack Executives within the department - meaning that new researches may struggle to progress due to a lack of a personal guide, I'd love to fill this role.

What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?:
I am active, with a good knowledge of the majority of SCP's on site and a passion for research. In particular I love to spend time planning and (at least attempting) to perform meaningful experiments
How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?

None as of yet, however I am beginning to understand the key features of an excellent document. In particular a good document must have a strong thesis as the back bone, good layout, an accurate description of the test and a meaningful conclusion.

What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:

As well as conducting and helping to conduct experiments an Executive Researcher needs to provide help to and engage with more junior members of the department an. Executive researcher needs to grade documents and host lectures when able which provide informative lessons.

Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:
My character currently is involved in a cross test which I have repeated 7 times, before being stopped for various reasons in each one. This test involves SCP-096 and SCP-860-1. I've also been working on various other SCP-096 tests which aim to find a safe way of protecting CL4 personnel from 096 after viewing his face. I would like to continue research on 096 in particular and hope to be well known for it. My ultimate aim would be to put in place permanent containment procedures for Keter and Euclid SCP's that pose a threat to the foundation.

-Support, after reading the application I find it lacking in the area of "what makes you suitable" and I feel this section of the application should be expanded upon. Doesn't really describe what a good document would be aside from generalist traits. I also feel that what an executive does could be expanded upon; maybe describe how an executive could do it. Also the lore; while true as you spoke to me about this in-game, is a little limited. I feel to get a +support from me you would need to expand on the areas mentioned above and develop your character a little more. Good luck.

ARC

Nov 7, 2023

- Support
We've talked a few times on the server, even discussing various research studies. Yet I feel like both this application and yourself are currently lacking in what it takes to become an executive researcher. The answers lack a certain level of depth and expansion, in addition to this, you lack excellent graded documents, which I personally feel is an integral part of 'what it takes' to become an executive researcher. I think you're a great researcher, but to reach that next step; expand your knowledge, develop your character, and expand the amount of documents written. Best of luck to you nonetheless.

Aug 30, 2022
1699290967991.png

The following message has been made via the decision of the Research Leadership

Greetings, @fivebellies

We would like to thank you for showing interest in expanding your duties within the Foundation. After careful deliberation, we have reached a verdict that your personnel role assignment request is to be denied. You may contact me or Department Director Mirai Archaeus about why your request is to be denied. No further action is needed

You may have another chance in two weeks' time.

Secure. Contain. Protect.

Reactions: 'Blue'
Status
Not open for further replies.