Who banned you:
Jon 'Kwill' Hegart(STEAM_0:1:81832601)
Ban length?:
4 weeks
What server were you banned on?: (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA):
SCP-UK
Link a copy of the in-game rules here (the url):
What will you do to stop this from happening again:
Don't say in OOC someone is ddosing the server. I will use @ in the future.
Prior to this, have you ever been warned/kicked/banned?
couple of warning for killing d class/no kicks/no bans
Why should you be unbanned:

I didn't threaten to DDos the server.

I hope anyone who reads this message, can understand this: Me somehow threatening to ddos
Because the message it says:
(I shouldn't have to explain this its such a stupid ban)
"D Class are DDosing the server"
not
"I am going to DDos the server"

me warning staff one of the D Class is saying he's going to ddos the server, gets me banned.
But Jon 'Kwill' didn't care. Muted me before bringing me to the sit, so I was unable to explain this.

I suspect Jon 'Kwill' dealt with the sit in such a way, because he was annoyed at what was happening in-character at the time.
Which was the riot in d block, which he was trying to stop. For context it was early in the morning. 35-40 people on the server.
Probably over half playing d class shouting "no peace no cheese".

Now after looking back on the situation.
I can guess from his pov. he probably thought I was joking.
As I was also one of the d class yelling "no peace no cheese".

How can you ensure that you won't break any other rule?:
I can reread the rules
Why do you want to rejoin this server?:
I've been playing on CN severs for 2-3 years now. Why would I threaten to ddos a server I've helped & love.

Kw1ll

Apr 16, 2022
Hello There!

I am the person responsible for banning you.

Now whilst I understand this may be a joke, the fact you spammed it ~5 times in chat is extremely bad. Threatening to DDoS even as a "joke" is taken quite seriously by our server.

The reason I muted you was because I knew you would reach out to me on the forums or over discord to talk about it, I do not exactly trust someone who typed 5 times over that D-class will DDoS inside the game, hence the quick explanation in game. I am more than willing to further explain this in my DMs over discord however, which is Kw1ll#0583.

On your accusation of me dealing with it due to being annoyed, this is not the case. I was playing D-class myself and enjoying the situation however a sit required me to get a Cl4 Biometric hence why I swapped to OA.

I do hope you understand the severity of the situation, these kind of messages are absolutely prohibited and will be dealt with swiftly and securely.

Have a good day

Kw1ll

Apr 16, 2022
After speaking with Trek, I have concluded that whilst his threats remain disturbing, it was not intended to be so. I have spoken to him regarding the severity of his actions and how seriously they can be taken, and think it is reasonable to deduce his ban to a sentence of 5 days.

Yeke

Community Supervisor
Community Sup.
Group Moderator
Mar 20, 2022
Appeal Accepted

Hi @Trek ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a ban appeal.

Due to the above from kwill, I have decided to reduce your ban to 5 days on his recommendation, however the ban will remain logged on your profile, threats to DDoS anyone are taken seriously, in future please consider your jokes and the impact they may have.

Kind Regards,
Yeke​

Status
Not open for further replies.