Do you have a mic?:

Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:

MTF E11 PVT x2 – Held
Medical Consultant - Holding

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:

Kick (AFK) – September 2022
Warning (FailRP) – September 2022

Why are you applying for the Director of Medicine?

In role play scenarios I feel like the medical department is severely lacking in this. This may come as a surprise as we have surgeries, psych evals and even now physical evals, which I helped Kayla create, but I think medical personnel may find these repetitive and boring after some time. I would want to create more scenarios and blend in more departments into medical rather than just MTF or ISD a lot of the time and I feel like DoM is a position that will help setup more RP situations hopefully being successful. I feel like medical needs a lot more recognition in terms of how useful they are and would want to push medical personnel out of the “nest” essentially. A lot of medical staff think they are anchored down to medbay and can only stay in a perimeter there but it is not true there are POI’S on the map, held by other departments, that get sick OFTEN. We need to show that we can do a lot more around the facility of Site-65 and have interesting RP scenarios.

What makes you suitable for Director of Medicine?:

I may be the most recent medical consultant however, I still believe I have enough experience in pharmaceuticals, surgeries, training and evaluations to go to the next level. I am very passionate about the RP in medical and enjoy it greatly, I am so thankful for the game masters who have recently done several events in medical for the department to enjoy. Whether that is to have a good laugh while learning still how medical RP plays out or a serious scenario where a foundation member needs a lot of help (or even the entire foundation). I feel like I am quite chill and only use my authority when needed and been serious when needed, like a number of medical personnel minging on the job. I have been trying to crack down on this greatly as it is a major issue unfortunately. I would just really love to help the medical department as much as possible as I know there is a lot of good people in it willing to learn more and also try and go for the CL4 position.

What are the responsibilities of the Director of Medicine in RP?:

• Helping new medical staff (Just because your Sr. CL4 doesn’t mean you can just ignore trainees)
  • Managing and guiding consultants with help they may need
  • Updating policies/handbooks/documents
  • Issuing necessary punishment to medical staff
  • Sticking to Coc and CoE
  • Speaking to the heads of other departments such as Ethics/SA
  • Carry out usual medical practices still: medicine, treating fractures, ECT, and others
  • Continue to do Medical staff training, licenses, CM tryouts, Lectures on evals and medicine.
Please give some lore about your Director of Medicine character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Alex ‘Shrimple’ had always enjoyed helping others. His mother being a pharmacist and father being a doctor he felt almost a pre-destined future was laid out for him, leading him to the SCP foundation Site-65. He was sought out for being a fresh trained doctor ready to head out into the real world of medical practice and not yet knowing the horror show he’ll be given. Months pass with him seeing “D-class personnel” acting petrified coming into medbay after being tested on something anomalous, their faces stuck in terror. He makes his way up the ranks achieving Combat medic, something he never thought he would do, holding a rifle ready to have to take a life instead of saving them. This was a lot for him as the responsibilities were now doubled, you save those around you in combat but also use your basic medicine in medbay. The combat medic role was hard to deal with at the start, seeing his colleagues on the brink of death, almost going to the light, but gave him the biggest euphoria when he could bring them back to the real world. After hearing of positions being open on consultant, the next step up in the department, he had to try and join. Being at that position would give him the chance to help and train those in the department the same as he was in hopes of giving them the best chance when they get out there. Hoping they feel the same satisfaction and having a feeling of great pride when they help their fellow foundation staff. Wanting to do the best he can for this department to thrive. Hearing the position of DoM open he knew he could do more again.​

Reactions: Shalaxgun
Sep 22, 2022
Before I give my support, is there any notable RP that you have created, based on Alex "Shrimple" as a character, or for medical as a whole? Such as a storyline or a operation that included others.
I've had to do an operation for a UNGOC member I think just 2 days ago it was, no one else on site could do it as 'Fluff' said she wasn't comfortable poking around in someone's heart. I took the job to do the heart surgery even though I wasn't 100% confident to do it but I just had to, he was actively dying and I couldn't just let that happen. I done the surgery with other UNGOC members in the room they were of some help and I helped show 'Fluff' how heart surgery went as it was a success in the end.
I am currently on a project that I have been given which with another project someone has been given may help both research and medical get a really good RP scenario between two game masters ideas.

Reactions: Niox and casseno1

RedsnowWinter

Jul 10, 2024
Major support
I've seen this guy around a lot. He's very active and loves his job. I believe that with him in the medical department, it could reach a whole new level.

+Professional
+Cares about the department
+Good RP

• Love
Reactions: Alex 'Shrimple'
Jun 10, 2024
Major +Support

Out of all of the consultants I have seen recently, Alex has been the most active around the site, and also the most proactive about the department as a whole. He has proven to me that he is a great fit for the Director of Medicine role due to his care for the department.
+Active
+Proffesional
+Cares about the department
+Overall great guy

• Love
Reactions: Alex 'Shrimple'

Miammi poon

Jul 26, 2024
+Support
The only man to job deny me combat medic twice when I bypassed the tryout
(still not the right support level)

Aug 13, 2022
Scotland

6n2rAtL.png

The following message is composed via consensus of the site administration team of site-65.

Hello, Mr Alex 'Shrimple'

Thank you for showing an interest in expanding your duties within the Foundation. After careful consideration, we have come to a verdict regarding this personnel role reassignment request. This request is to be denied. The reasons for this denial may be elaborated on should you decide to get in contact with us. No further action is required.

You may re-apply in two weeks' time.

Secure. Contain. Protect.

CONFIDENTIAL
This document may not be shared with or used by personnel below the designated clearance level.​

Status
Not open for further replies.