Time Zone: BST

Character Name(s): Donny 'Drogon' Bons

Civilian Name: Donny Bons

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK

Do you have a mic?: Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
Holding - 096, Nu-7 LTCOM
Held - IA Agent, 01 SGT, CI-A, GSD Cap

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: All expired XP Farming ban, FailRP warn, RDM warn

What makes me the best candidate for this role!

I have been around this community for a long long time and i have gained the experience and the confidence befitting a role such as this and have a strong understanding of the SCP Foundation's ethical guidelines and know the difference between right and wrong with my current standing in Nu-7 and the leadership position i hold i am committed to ensuring all the operations and/or actions within my regiment adhere to the best possible moral standards and ensure my operatives behave accordingly (saves me having to get called upon) Previously being in Omega-1 has also helped me gain the correct knowledge and understanding of how everything is supposed to operate within an ethical standpoint (unless Omega-1 are doing a naughty ;D) i will be able to handle sensitive situations with professionalism. Finally my communication skills allow me to effectively communicate between departments i may commune with and help maintain smooth operating of ethics committee duties.

What are the responsibilities of Ethics Committee Assistants in RP?

The primary responsibility of an Ethics Committee Assistant (ECA) is to follow the commands and wishes of the Ethics Committee, executing all instructions in a professional and efficient manner. ECAs must be able to work quickly while maintaining this level of efficiency.

ECAs also oversee the site's ethical behavior. For example, they may observe tests to ensure that researchers provide detailed information about the SCP that the D-Class personnel will interact with and that the test itself adheres to ethical guidelines and complies with the Foundation's Legal Codex (FLC).

Regarding the FLC, ECAs have the authority to suggest updates or new ideas for its improvement. They may also assist in departmental reviews, as part of their duty is to actively oversee the various departments within the site. ECAs gather evidence for tribunals and may even take charge of these proceedings. As a crucial link between the Ethics Committee and the rest of the site, ECAs handle most of the complaints that require the Committee's attention.

Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee Assistant character and what storylines they would be involved in!

BEGIN LOG:

Date: [REDACTED]
Time: 02:15 AM

Subject: Recruitment, and Initial Interview of Donny "Drogon" Bons

INTERROGATION LOG:

Interviewer: [REDACTED], Ethics Committee Member
Interviewee: Donny "Drogon" Bons
Date: [REDACTED]

[BEGIN TRANSCRIPT]

[REDACTED]: Good evening, Mr. Bons. Thank you for joining us on such short notice.

Bons: No problem, Sir. I figured this was coming. I’ve been expecting a call from your office for some time now.

[REDACTED]: Indeed. Your record speaks for itself—commendations in both Nu-7 and Omega-1, and not a single ethical infraction. That’s not easy to achieve, especially in the field.

Bons: I’ve always believed in doing things the right way. The Foundation’s work is dangerous, sure, but that doesn’t mean we can ignore the ethics that keep us human.

[REDACTED]: An admirable stance. Tell me, why do you believe you’re suited for the role of an Ethics Committee Assistant?

Bons: In my time with Nu-7, I made sure my team always knew where the line was and that they never crossed it. My role wasn’t just to lead them into combat; it was to ensure we did it in a way that wouldn’t tarnish the Foundation’s integrity. When I moved to Omega-1, that focus only sharpened. I learned how to apply those ethical standards in even more complex situations, where the consequences of our actions weren’t always clear cut.

[REDACTED]: You’re aware that this position will involve overseeing and, at times, challenging the actions of personnel far above your previous clearance level? You’ll be expected to report and act on any ethical breaches, even if it means contradicting Site Directors or MTF Commanders.

Bons: I’ve never shied away from doing what’s right, no matter who I’m dealing with. If that’s what the job requires, then I’m ready.

[REDACTED]: One last question, Mr. Bons. We’ve had candidates before who couldn’t handle the pressure of making decisions that could mean life or death for both Foundation personnel and SCPs. How do you plan to navigate those moral dilemmas?

Bons: I’ve faced death more times than I can count. The key is to keep a clear head and remember why we’re doing this. Every decision I make will be guided by the same principles that have brought me here: protect humanity, respect the SCPs, and never lose sight of the ethics that define us. I’m prepared to handle the weight of those choices.

[REDACTED]: Very well. The Committee will deliberate on your candidacy. You’ll be informed of our decision shortly. Thank you for your time, Mr. Bons.

Bons: Thank you. I look forward to the opportunity.

[END TRANSCRIPT]

Thank you for reading, if my lore seems little that is on purpose my character is already a Site-65 member and i have used that for a reason i believe keeping it small yet meaningful hence why i added the part that would make sense to a member already instated into a "company" that being the interview!

Vtime I have been on a weeks LOA!

Last edited:
New Email Received

>>Open Email

Attached: Position Request Results

A Letter from the Ethics Committee
5Zi0Rip.png

Good Day Mr Bons,

The Ethics Committee would like to thank you for your interest in becoming an assistant to the Committee. We can see you have the initiative, drive and ambition to make such a bold request. Becoming an assistant to the Committee requires dedication and hard work, something we see in you.

After deliberating with the Committee regarding your request, we have come to a unanimous agreement. This request has been accepted . Please await contact from the Committee, we will come to you. We look forward to the prospect of you joining our team and how you will assist the Committee.

See you soon, and best of luck.

Have a lovely day,
Regards,
Ethics Chairman Fionn O'Rourke

Status
Not open for further replies.