[UK] Edward Stevenson - Executive Researcher Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agatha

Jul 25, 2022
HK
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:51524766
Discord name: Agatha#8752
For how long have you played on CG SCP: 79.65 hours according to the One Year achievement
In what country are you located?: Hong Kong, China
Time zone: GMT +8
Character name(s): Edward Stevenson
Civilian name: Vladimir Kagnovich
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK
Do you have a mic?: Yes, but I really, really prefer not using it unless absolutely necessary
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held: None
Have you received any kicks/bans/warnings? and why?: None

Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?
Two main reasons, helping others and access to Clearance Level 4 research.

I want to approve and grade fellows’ documents, give them comments and generally help members of this department to become better researchers and help them find more enjoyment from their work. After all, an approachable, helpful guide does wonders in maintaining others’ passion in the field.

Besides, the privilege of CL4 access is alluring, it means that I would be able to conduct more tests on subjects that were previously difficult to access for me. Such as 079 or 682.

What makes you suitable as an Executive Researcher?
I think I am helpful, and I can handle the mundane bureaucratic work.

While I might not be the biggest public speaker or fan of organising lectures, I find great joy in helping Junior Researchers, Researchers, or just anyone that wants my assistance. I regularly help promising fresh researchers in getting a better grip on the job and briefing them on the many things to beware of during their research duties.

I do not mind staring at spreadsheets, looking at people’s documents. I love to give advice to others and help in any way I can. If I were to become an Executive Researcher, I would attempt to maintain this approachable personality.

Of course, there’s also the above average documents, commitment to the Foundation and so on.

How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?
18 Excellent-graded documents.
(Not necessarily arranged in order by time)
SCP-087 Expedition
SCP-9000-As Sample Extraction
SCP-939 Sample Collection
Psychological Evaluation of SCP-049
SCP-914 - SCP-912 Crosstest
TSCP-07001 ‘Moggy’
SCP-513 Exposure Study
SCP-999 Series, No.2 - 173
SCP-999 Series, No.4 - 035
SCP-999 Series, No.5 - 076-2
SCP-999 Series, No.6 - 966
SCP-999 Series, No.7 - 096
SCP-999 Series, No.8 - 106
SCP-999 Series, No.9 - 079
Summary of the 999 Series
SCP-860-2 Active Seeking
SCP-173 Regular Cleaning and Sample Extraction
Preliminary Attempts at Terminating 860-2
In my opinion, an excellent document requires three key ingredients, good formatting, engaging content, and heart.

Good formatting is easy, think of the document as an essay. While components are interchangeable and sometimes different, the most essential components are the aims of the research, a replicable and detailed methods section, clear findings, and a conclusion that also serves as a TL;DR of the results. While these are necessary for a good document, an excellent document might include an index page for easy navigation, test logs if necessary, hypotheses if applicable, recommendations for the Foundation or for future improvements of similar tests, or even personal remarks. For the icing on the cake, using appropriate pictures can also be the light nudge between good and excellent.

As for engaging content, most of it can be attributed to a creative scope or well-written intentions, methods of a test. The success or failure of the test is unimportant, as a failed test, if logged down properly and reflected upon can still be good content. Personally, I think details are important but excessive details might be unnecessary sometimes. This however, is a matter of personal preference.

Lastly, documents that can show how genuine effort has been put into them are more than likely to get an excellent grading. I personally have quite a lot of fun writing these documents and usually give them a lot of thoughts, which might be part of the reason why a lot of them are graded excellent.

What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher (in RP)?
Reviewing and providing feedback on others’ works, assisting others when required, guiding novice researchers on the right track, conducting research, and generally functioning as a senior member of the department. When necessary, reprimanding or even disciplining misbehaving research personnel. In addition, there’s also approving and reviewing proposals on Safe-Safe or Safe-Euclid SCP crosstests by other researchers.

Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Edward Stevenson file double crossed.png
Edward Stevenson file.png

I can't sleep. Something is seriously off.

Its either the memory of that trenchcoat guy from a few months back bothering me or me being bothered by some bizarre feeling of guilt.

I keep finding holes in my stories, and worst of all, I am starting to think that Scips are better for study after they are cold on a table.

Why am I beginning to think like them? And are there really holes?

This is no use. I will try to get some sleep. We are all dead men walking anyway.

Burn this page later.

Deleted member 2482

+Support

+18 Excellent documents!!! 18
+Great application
+Great understanding of the role

-Never even seen you once ( but you are on the other side of the world so i think its understandable )

Aside from that I can't seem to read any of the documents cause they don't appear but I would love to read through them as they do sound interesting, so if you even see me around feel free to poke me if you want to

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Agatha
Mar 1, 2022
+ Support

+ Rep, I'll explain why in blue text
+ Great App
+ Interactions are wonderful
+ Realitivily active
+ Excellent document machine

So, long story short, I would like to say, he's probably the second best researcher I've ever seen. Godspeed to You, may You one day become DoR, and then O5-1.

Reactions: Agatha
Status
Not open for further replies.