the self awareness of this app is amazing
+Support
-CI event is fire

TheKupKake

Game Master
Game Master
Oct 13, 2023
+Sup
The actual events in the main posts are kind of meh? but the ideas in the comments show that geldo can quickly and effectively come up with RP ideas/events (and when ever i cook a little to hard on GOC geldo is always there to join in and support the RP). personally i think geldo would be a nice addition to the GM team and they will learn the proper ways of doing events in their trail period

Would be nice if you made it a little more clear (aka use colours and formatting)

Last edited:

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
Would be nice if you made it a little more clear (aka use colours and formatting)
this doesn't particularly make sense? for example, i couldn't separate this into OOC and IC things as you would with an RP position application, because... this isn't an RP position. it would all be OOC. admittedly, i could separate into the things not specific to GM and the things relevant to GM, which i'll probably do on my next edit pass, as well as i guess, colour a little? i kind of want to take care as to not make it unreadable, though - like for example, recolouring the majority of the text black and making it unnecessarily difficult for staff to read.

otherwise in terms of formatting, what exactly could i do that isn't really egregious? as it is right now, the suggestion already is formatted with headers and such. i know people like to centre things, but... i mean, GM isn't a position that does this kind of thing on the forums, but according to the style guide, you're not supposed to centre anything in long posts (then again, the style guide has a few nuclear and somewhat unprofessional takes like "Always use American spelling"). i'd like to show that i understand this, as well (and of course again, readability).

The actual events in the main posts are kind of meh? but the ideas in the comments show that geldo can quickly and effectively come up with RP ideas/events
...i actually find it really difficult to come up with a lot of events very quickly. that huge list is something that's accumulated over time and is more testament to the variety of ideas i can come up with in synopsis form

i can then potentially expand later if i feel like an event would be a good idea. but yeah, that "come up with a mission list for each of these factions" is just pure pain, worst part of the app imo ? i get that it's important for GMs to need to be able to interact with different areas of the server and not just focus on one or a few specific areas of the area... but to be honest, i feel like it's trying to force GMs to be jack of all trades - iirc there isn't really a limit on the amount of people that can be a GM at once; it would be reasonable to have a lot of GMs, a lot of which can cover areas of the server in-depth, rather than only GMs that just broadly cover all areas without depth. i think it constrains a lot of potential - but at the same time i get that staff don't want the possibility of "the GM that only does events involving CI, A-1 and RsD"

if you had to ask me what areas of the server that i'm most interested in doing events for? ...i honestly don't know. i've been thinking about this ever since i started writing it and i'm only drawing blanks. i think i just naturally tend towards breadth without depth anyway. conversely, if you had to ask me what areas of the server i'm least interested in doing events for, i would say E-11. instantly and without hesitation. which is kind of funny imo, all things considered.

(and when ever i cook a little to hard on GOC geldo is always there to join in and support the RP)
when did i do this lmao ? i don't remember joining in for any of your events - unless you mean the 914 thing, i just wanted my SGT promo lmao

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
+-neutral/+support
i like a lot of the event ideas
map change event isn't a map change event
some events like the GOC Nexus one is like doing SCP foundation administrator events; you won't do these unless an SGM is doing it with you
a few of the example missions seem a little boring but otherwise funny

no SCP 073 exploding into a million pieces event

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
map change event isn't a map change event
????
wtf is a map change event then? neither the template nor the staff handbook explain it in any capacity - and it's not particularly intuitive. i just figured it was where you make a huge construction somewhere, like on surface or on the gm plane. and i figure it can't be where you actually change the map as in like, the server map, to a different one; because that is an absolutely ludicrous and highly disruptive idea
some events like the GOC Nexus one is like doing SCP foundation administrator events; you won't do these unless an SGM is doing it with you
...really? i mean, it's all i could really think of, imo GOC is kind of hard to come up with events for as a primarily rp-focused faction; i don't really want to do boring primarily combat-based events with GOC. and in the OP i write representatives of - so like it would be clerical and not directly involve any significant nexus positions - kinda like how assistants are to SC, is my thinking. we have had events in the recent past where a VIP, presumably from around that level in the chain came onsite to participate in the peace negotiations, of the previous war.

like, what is the permission required for this? is it really like SGM level? or like what... i want clarification on that, seems a little silly to unnecessary gate off RP like that

cityismy

May 10, 2023
and i figure it can't be where you actually change the map as in like, the server map, to a different one; because that is an absolutely ludicrous and highly disruptive idea
This is
actually exactly what it is, there's a reason only 1 has ever happened in the servers history, I quite frankly have no clue why they include this in the application considering they never happen.

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
This is
actually exactly what it is, there's a reason only 1 has ever happened in the servers history, I quite frankly have no clue why they include this in the application considering they never happen.
...i refuse to believe that, that's wild

like... if i think about it, i get the novelty, sure - it would give people something new and interesting to do, everyone would get something to do and it'd be this big, cool thing, but like surely an event like that would suck for someone that wants to flag on and do some activity reqs for a role

Bill Nye The Guy

May 28, 2022
wtf is a map change event then?
did you not check any previously accepted applications before doing yours?
as an example of a good map change event idea check out my old GM app ???
tl;dr is that we literally host a secondary server for maybe 6 hours where players are on a completely different map with an event storyline set out
like, what is the permission required for this? is it really like SGM level? or like what... i want clarification on that, seems a little silly to unnecessary gate off RP like that
as far as i remember it's a matter of not wanting to mess with these super elusive CL5 people- it's like doing deep research 5 events, they are usually lore heavy or have big implications so they really need to be planned out in detail and not just be something menial

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
did you not check any previously accepted applications before doing yours?
as an example of a good map change event idea check out my old GM app ???
tl;dr is that we literally host a secondary server for maybe 6 hours where players are on a completely different map with an event storyline set out
i skimmed through a few to get the general idea of what i needed to do, but didn't want to risk accidentally taking too much from previous

also advertising smh
as far as i remember it's a matter of not wanting to mess with these super elusive CL5 people- it's like doing deep research 5 events, they are usually lore heavy or have big implications so they really need to be planned out in detail and not just be something menial
...i mean, first off, LTGEN and GEN are CL5 iirc - plus again, this idea wouldn't really involve any major figures. as i state in the event description, representatives. this is something that you would expect to happen every now and then, would also like give some grounding for the superiors of the GOC in rp, make them seem more like an actual bureaucratic overhead and less like a mysterious, disconnected entity; which to be fair, it should retain some of that as the administrator equivalent...ish - but nexus is is still like, a step down from stuff like the undersecretariat and the 108 council; like obviously yeah the actual event itself could be more, i would definitely leave it open-ended for like, if something happens? and if it doesn't, then... i'm not sure, i'm struggling to come up with something. like again, coming up with events for GOC and E-11 are kinda difficult imo

Emilia Foddg

Trial Game Master
Trial Game Master
Donator
Jul 15, 2023
no SCP 073 exploding into a million pieces event
fixed

i also wanna expand a little on my points about nexus and restricted events - like as of right now, UK UNGOC have no GEN or LTGEN and i think those get picked by staff (at least, GEN, obviously) - i think it would be good and also draw attention/generate interest for GOC to have like, a little event accompanying whoever gets appointed to GEN. i'm aware that the GMs themselves don't choose this, it's like SL+, i think? but you get my point

Last edited:

Critical

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Event Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Jun 6, 2022
Application Accepted

Hi Emilia,
Thanks for taking the time to make a gamemaster application.
After a discussion, we have decided to accept your application, congratulations.

Please contact an Event Team Supervisor to continue with an interview.​

Status
Not open for further replies.