Time zone - GMT+ 1

Foundation Name - Gareth McWorm

Chaos name - CI-A Gareth McCaterpillar [TEU-PVT]

Civilian name - Gareth McWorm

Steam ID - STEAM_0:0:549894168

Discord ID - garytheworm

Do you have a mic? - Yes

What server are you applying for? - UK

Is this the first application you made? If no, link all previous applications - 096, 22415

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why? - an active FailRP Warning, none others active but I do have an old MRDM ban if that's what the question is asking

Do you have any previous experience as a Gamemaster/Event Manager in a community? - No

Do you have any previous experience with serious roleplay? - Yes

How many hours can you be on everyday? - Can play 2-3 hours on Monday to Wednesday and Basically all day Thursday - Sunday

APPLICATION

Why do you want to become a Gamemaster on our server?
- After seeing how the game masters operation when I joined GOC I enjoyed seeing the things they did and how they made gameplay more fun, and I want to bring that to more players across the server. A big gripe of mine is that events are privatised by ISD and I want to create events that allow everyone to enjoy it and not get pushed to the side because they haven't worked their way up the ranks of the server

What do you think you would be able to help us with on the server? Why are you special over the other applicants? - I want to be able to bring fun and new experiences to everyone on the server, during my experience, I have seen very few events, due to the lack of acknowledgement when higher ups privatise the experience, therefore I want everyone to experience an event and want to experience it, I want to have events that people will go out of their way to enjoy and choose to participate, my hope is to have events the entire server can join in on that are seen by everyone from new players to old players. I can use the tools gmod provides decently well and think I can create some unique and fun experiences to everyone on the server

Please List 3 small event ideas:

1. Anomalous Wildlife Sanctuary: A strange Zoo/Sanctuary has been discovered next to pinewood with a plethora of anomalous creatures. The Foundation, GOC, and CI are all interested in either containing, weaponizing, or protecting these anomalies. The Sanctuary's weather patterns change unpredictably, making navigation and containment a challenge. Additionally, some of the anomalies are aggressive, however which of them are is unknown due to bad weather conditions withering down all signs. It is down the the factions to fight it out and determine the fate of these poor creatures

2. Technological Singularity: SCP 079 has breached its containment however after years of growing and becoming smarter, it decided that revealing itself and brute forcing systems isn't a good idea, this time it decided that it is going to hack into DEA's drones and use them as offensive force while it hacks into the foundations systems and releases an unnamed robotic SCP accomplice to help it escape. It is the foundations job to fend off the drones and either stop 079's hack or capture/kill the SCP that 079 releases

3. The Mischievous D-Class: An ordinary D-Class, D-5872, has unwillingly and unknowingly become the host of a mischievous SCP known as SCP-035-J, which causes harmless but unexplainable pranks and practical jokes around Site-65. Foundation wont be able to harm the D-Class and must let him roam and perform these pranks, these could range from objects mysteriously moving around, sudden bursts of confetti, or playful audio/visual distortions for players to experience while D-5872 is exploring the facility, once 035-J becomes bored, it will exit the host and they will be returned to D-Block

Please List an Map change event idea (Involving both sides and the entire server)

Reality Distortion Zone
: A town suddenly appears where no town should exist (either outside the map using teleports or in the DMZ), filled with residents who are completely unbothered by their anomalous surroundings. The Factions are allowed to investigate this town to explore and investigate the wonders it has to offer. Some of the things that I believe could be done include:
  • Buildings appear in locations where they couldn't possible exist, sometimes overlapping or defying gravity. Streets twist and turn unexpectedly, leading players into disorienting loops or other dimensions.
  • Objects and environments within the Zone exhibit properties that defy scientific explanation. Plants may glow with bioluminescence, animals possess unusual abilities
  • Random effects being put on players, probably using the new aerosol gas grenades such as Tear gas which messes with the screen and controls
  • Portals to the helpers realm to act as dimensional rifts
  • Random entities that could appear and make noises or look strange
I believe that a large town/area like this could make for a really interesting event that could interest a lot of people and make for a great experience

List an example mission for each of the following:

O-1 - Electrical Jester:
An Unknown entity has entered the facility and is shutting down all electronics it comes across, at some point it reached an ethics members office and locked them in there when the power to the electronic doors shut off, O-1 must track down the entity and stop it from causing a mass power failure that could result in a site wide breach, if O-1 fail to contain the entity in a select amount of time, a mass breach will occur and the entity will disappear, leaving them to deal with a breach that could lead to a code black

A-1 - Operation Camouflage: An overseer has gone crazy and decided they want to live their life as a D-Class, A-1 must secretly infiltrate D-block completely inconspicuously and secretly find, then capture the overseer so they can be treated and return to normal duties, however during this, all D-Class will be armed with weapons and want to protect the overseer as they too have become crazy and see the overseer as a superior D-Class that can help them escape the facility, A-1 must blend in and try capture the overseer without being noticed by the regular D-Class

Nu-7 - Blurry Vision: A Strange man has been spotted watching foundation members from outside the facility, however no one can get a clear view or picture of the entity, Nu-7 must find and capture or kill the man, if violence is chosen, the man will resort to using superhuman powers to fight back, CI and GOC will not be made aware of the fact this entity is on the surface, however if they manage to spot him, they too can find, kill or capture the entity they find but they must do it while fighting off the other 2 factions (if fighting were to go on too long, either a peaceful agreement could be made, or all 3 factions will be given weapons of mass destruction to ensure their victory)

E-11 - Aberrant Vacuum: 8837's chamber has mysteriously and anomalously become an enclosed area of real vacuum space after graviton accidentally flung a rock at his containment chamber, E-11 must distract 8837 from noticing his chamber isn't real while they try and fix the crack in the chamber in hopes to remove the anomalous vacuum and restore peace to the foundation (this will involve either 8837 being hostile or 8837 being taken outside for RP while other creatures inside the chamber will attack E-11)

CI - Snowbound Shadows: Due to heavy snow, CI have been trapped inside their base without any contact to the outside world and no way out of their base, the power goes out almost immediately and now CI must find a way to repair the power without night vision while an anomalous entity haunts them, unnerving and threatening the already stressed operatives, however never harming them the only goal of the entity is to throw off the Insurgency as it cannot live in the light and will vanish once the power is back on

UNGOC - Poison Panic: The Chef's of pinewood decided to poison the food after succumbing to a viral infection that caused them to believe this poison is a cure, it is the GOC's job is to track down the van the chefs have taken to deliver the food to the GOC and the foundation and stop them before the food reaches anywhere outside of pinewood, once the van has been apprehended GOC must take it back to their base for disposal. Where afterwards they will interrogate the chefs and find out what's wrong with them

Foundation Staff - Medical Madness: The medical team have created a new machine that is completely random and need volunteers, players across the foundation can volunteer to be test subjects for this machine, which could involve: Chemical effects being put on the player, Hume bubbles, Strange entities (modelling players or event team), possible use of new aerosol grenade effects, Reality Bending and SCP effects such as 049 Zombies. This machine could go in the quarantine room. I would like this one to be quite player led, mainly by the medical team

Aug 29, 2022
-Support

Every event feels unfinished or uncertain of what is happening Example
(this will involve either 8837 being hostile or 8837 being taken outside for RP while other creatures inside the chamber will attack E-11)
You also don't explain how anything works/happens example
however which of them are is unknown due to bad weather conditions withering down all signs
Okay thats what you tell the players, But what are they truly?

I also have never seen you around, and am doubting your activity, If you could, Send a picture of your monthly Vtime.

Apr 1, 2023
-Support

Every event feels unfinished or uncertain of what is happening Example

You also don't explain how anything works/happens example

Okay thats what you tell the players, But what are they truly?

I also have never seen you around, and am doubting your activity, If you could, Send a picture of your monthly Vtime.
To be honest I don't disagree with you, I woke up the morning after and realised it wasn't as good as I remember writing it, I didn't write down the OOC information, but I did take it into account whilst writing each event and believe each one could work as intended, I'm just not great at getting my ideas down on paper, as for V-time I can assure you I am active1719064815809.png

Mar 20, 2022
Hello Gareth, you say you've been on here for nearly 2 years yet I have no recollection of anything you've done RP wise. The application is fairly average and doesn't demonstrate much of your abilities.

My advice to you is involve yourself more within the server. Create some good quality RP and document bits of it to provide here. I don't see any signs you are anywhere near ready to become a Game Master yet.

Apr 1, 2023
Hello Gareth, you say you've been on here for nearly 2 years yet I have no recollection of anything you've done RP wise. The application is fairly average and doesn't demonstrate much of your abilities.

My advice to you is involve yourself more within the server. Create some good quality RP and document bits of it to provide here. I don't see any signs you are anywhere near ready to become a Game Master yet.
Its surprising to me that you've never seen me but I've been in Nu-7, E-11 and I'm current a part of CI and GOC, I've been involved in the server a fair bit

Apr 1, 2023
Tests, Medical RP, Gathering fellow regiment members together to investigate/train/explore. Very simple things any regular player can do.
I mean, I've done all the basic stuff, I've done tests on every SCP, I've been a part of some roleplay tests too, I was a part of the 22415 reveal test. In terms of medical I'm a big fan of chems so I've done a lot of chem creation for medical and used them in roleplay to heal people, also with Danny (22415-1), as for regiments, I didn't like Nu-7 so I left pretty early and didn't do much, but for E-11, again, I did all the basic stuff like tests and dealing with SCP's. I've done the most on GOC, which I've done 682, 8854, 096 and 323 RP tests and sampling on, I'm yet to lead a training but that is something I'm planning on doing very soon, I was going to do one yesterday but we cancelled it. As for CI, I've only recently joined, but I've helped with chems there too and been a part of a couple raids on foundation. Im a part of the GOC and CI war training right now, and i can see you are on too

Kayla

Staff of the week!
Staff of the Week
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Oct 20, 2023
-Support

The application isnt amazing, and your conduct in game is questionable at best. Some of the comments you make in OOC borderline inappropriate and I see you very influenced by people that just minge around on the server. I can't think of any comments off the top of my head right now, but I do know that a few have been raised by staff to you in the past.

In terms of medical I'm a big fan of chems so I've done a lot of chem creation for medical and used them in roleplay to heal people
I see you on medical rarely, and certainly have never really noticed you engage in RP other than trying to convince people to drink random chemicals.

Apr 1, 2023
-Support

The application isn't amazing, and your conduct in game is questionable at best. Some of the comments you make in OOC borderline inappropriate and I see you very influenced by people that just minge around on the server. I can't think of any comments off the top of my head right now, but I do know that a few have been raised by staff to you in the past.

I see you on medical rarely, and certainly have never really noticed you engage in RP other than trying to convince people to drink random chemicals.
The singular comment that was made has been dealt with and frankly has nothing to do with my application, considering that was a one time occurrence that happened a while ago, it does not reflect who I am, If you are going to accuse me of being a frequent minge and say I "convince people to drink random chemicals" then I would at least like to see some proof, especially coming from a position of power such as yours. I'd like to add that just because you yourself have not seen me do any "notable engaging RP" doesn't mean that there hasn't been any, as everyone else has already stated that they have never seen me before, yet I have 400+ hours on the server and a pretty high level which indicates there has clearly been some amount of RP. In fact, I remember when you started playing the server. However I do admit that my application isn't amazing and would be able to make improvements as I expect it to be denied by now.

Last edited:

Q0BJ

Jul 22, 2023
- support

- The way You Replied to kaylas Response Felt like you Were Making it in anger and You let that Get to You

- I have been Playing this server for a Long time and i have Never ever Seen you At all

- Try to Join a MTF unit That deals with SCPS so on Your next app You know More about What To write for event Ideas Or just Look at some SCP Youtube Vids To learn about SCPS That this server does not have

- You have no experience as a game master or Event manager

- And what kayla said about the Asking People to drink Potions is just Not Right

I wish you the best of luck With any applications You make in the future

Kayla

Staff of the week!
Staff of the Week
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Oct 20, 2023
The singular comment that was made has been dealt with and frankly has nothing to do with my application, considering that was a one time occurrence that happened a while ago, it does not reflect who I am, If you are going to accuse me of being a frequent minge and say I "convince people to drink random chemicals" then I would at least like to see some proof, especially coming from a position of power such as yours. I'd like to add that just because you yourself have not seen me do any "notable engaging RP" doesn't mean that there hasn't been any, as everyone else has already stated that they have never seen me before, yet I have 400+ hours on the server and a pretty high level which indicates there has clearly been some amount of RP. In fact, I remember when you started playing the server. However I do admit that my application isn't amazing and would be able to make improvements as I expect it to be denied by now.
This is just proof that backs up my comment about your conduct. and I didn't comment on your overall contribution to RP, i commented on your contribution to medical RP. As the literal Director of Medicine that is active for a lot of the day most days, I feel like I have a right to mention that I've personally never seen any contribution to my department from yourself.

Apr 1, 2023
- The way You Replied to kaylas Response Felt like you Were Making it in anger and You let that Get to You

- I have been Playing this server for a Long time and i have Never ever Seen you At all

- The way I responded to Kayla was not out of anger, I was simply making a generalised point that was aimed at everyone responding saying
they've never seen me or seen me do RP, I could say the same about you, I have never seen you, but that doesn't mean you don't exist

- Try to Join a MTF unit That deals with SCPS so on Your next app You know More about What To write for event Ideas Or just Look at some SCP Youtube Vids To learn about SCPS That this server does not have

- If you read my responses, I explained I have been In E-11 and I'm currently a part of GOC and CI

- You have no experience as a game master or Event manager

- I can't gain experience without being it first????

- And what kayla said about the Asking People to drink Potions is just Not Right

- I have never done this

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2023
This is just proof that backs up my comment about your conduct. and I didn't comment on your overall contribution to RP, i commented on your contribution to medical RP. As the literal Director of Medicine that is active for a lot of the day most days, I feel like I have a right to mention that I've personally never seen any contribution to my department from yourself.
I never said you didn't have the right, I'm not doubting that you haven't seen me but I would like to state that It is a little condescending being told that you don't contribute to any form of RP such as medical, as I myself know what I have and have not done, 450+ hours of gameplay cannot be spent entirely "being a minge" I play the server because I enjoy the RP and I engage in it often. Yes I do admit I have done a little messing around in the past with people I know you know and I believe that's where this is coming from, however those few minor times still does not reflect who I am or my "conduct"

Cheetah / RustyOsprey2

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
Nov 24, 2023
Application Denied

Hi @Gary the Worm ,

Thanks for taking the time to make a gamemaster application.

Unfortunately, we have decided to deny your gamemaster application.

1. We believe your application could do with more detail for your events.
2. We wish for you to engage in and create more RP on the server so we can judge your ability to do so.
3. We also wish for you to get more known within the community and engage with the playerbase.

You may re-apply in 2 weeks​

Status
Not open for further replies.