Nosey | Curious

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Jul 20, 2021
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:158523796
Discord name: Juicypickle.
For how long have you played on CG SCP: 182 hours (Over 1 year)
In what country are you located?: UK
Time zone: GMT
Character name(s): George Curioso, John "Nosey" Curioso
Civilian name: Jack Lebowsky
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK
Do you have a mic?: Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
Holding: UNGOC LCPL, Nu7 LCPL, DEA Agent, IA Agent, SCP 096
Held:
E11 SPC, Nu7 LCPL (USA)

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
Innactive: 1x RDM Warning, 1x Metagaming Warning, 1x XP Farming Ban

Why are you applying for Medical Consultant?
I have been a member of the server for nearly a year now, dipping in and out. In all that time I've never tried a leadership position before, and would like to commit to one now I've got into the grove of playing. The medical department is the one I play on most in my Foundation life, and in GOC I mostly play medic or R&D for chemical mixing, both of which are the closest GOC has to a medical section. Because of this, I have developed a deep appreciation for the RP and the actual gameplay that comes from it. It makes logical sense for my first foray into CL4 lives to be in this department. I also understand the role of a Medical Consultant more than any other CL4 group I could apply for at this time, so am much more likely to successfully pass a trial period and interview than fumbling around with a Researcher or GSD Captain section. While medical is the option I have the most chance of succeeding in, I would pick medical over any other entry-level CL4 job simply because it seems more fun to play. The people I often see having the most fun on the server are Medical Consultants, as they have fewer responsibilities and get to hang around with site members more easily than other higher-up roles. All these different reasons are what led me to apply for Medical Consultant

What makes you suitable for Medical Consultant?:
As previously stated, most of my in-game experience is in medical applications. I can confidently say I know how to treat every single minor injury and most major ones. The only slight hiccup is in the infection treatments, but that is simply a lack of memorization, and I am fully aware of how to mix up any cure needed for a disease once I check up on the actual chemical names. I also don't enjoy being kidnapped, so will be trying my best to avoid dangerous situations before I find myself dragged across the surface to the CI base. Due to playing surface GOIs as well as MTF, I know my way around most of the map above HCZ (the cursed land), and as such know the location of the CL4 doors that should be closed/opened by members of site staff. I have relatively few warnings given my time on the server, and received my only ban on the first day of playing without really reading the rules well. Since then, I have endeavored to avoid breaking any FLC or Server rules and not piss too many people off. Drama is annoying, and I won't start any as a Consultant (I just leave if I find someone annoying). I am active, know a decent amount of the base SCP lore, and have played on the server long enough to know how things are supposed to run in the community as a whole

Please explain an in-game medical procedure of your choice:
The most basic procedure above just right-clicking with a medkit is EST. EST has several rules that must be followed before completing it, and as such still sees a decent number of fuckups on the theory, if not the relatively simple application. The causes of EST are usually anomalous and it should not be used to treat illness that can be cured in any other way.

1) Obtain Consent of EST patient. If this is not obtained, do not continue
2) Have the person press E to sit on the EST machine.
3) Press E to charge the machine, once fully charged it will briefly kill them
4) Have them stand up and confirm the issue has been fixed. If not, have them respawn through another means (this is not part of the procedure, just common sense)

What are the responsibilities of the Medical Consultant in RP?:
A medical consultant's RP responsibilities are quite self-explanatory. They are there to be consulted by Researchers and Site Affairs on various medical issues and treatments. They also exist to ensure the medical personnel of the site are trained and licensed, while following all Ethical and Medical rules. If they see medical rules being broken, they can punish site staff with the removal of their medical license, or by firing them entirely (job banning). Any ethical violations are not their area of control, and as such should be passed to IA or EC. They should be active in medical bay, and treat injured in an emergency.

Please Give some lore about your Medical Consultant character and what storylines they would be involved in?
My medical consultant character is a relatively new arrival to the site. He was recruited out of the NHS as a Doctor, but server in the British Army as a combat medic, giving him experience with weapons and dangerous situations. He is very focused on the ethical treatment of all site members, including D Class, and would be involved in RP in improving their general situation in D Block and the site as a whole. This would include trying to post more into Work Placement, and ensuring they are properly treated for injuries sustained during testing.

Last edited:

Corr "Perseus" Vynd

Nov 24, 2023
Poland
+ Support

I've had pretty good interactions with you from Nu-7, despite me not being super qualified to judge, I believe you can do pretty well, especially now that Kayla has been promoted and there is a gap left to fill for prospective Consultants.

Kayla

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Oct 20, 2023
6n2rAtL.png

The following message is composed via consensus of the Medical Leadership Team of Site-65.

Hello, @Picklee . Thank you for showing an interest in expanding your duties within the Foundation.

After careful consideration, we have come to a verdict regarding this personnel role reassignment request. This request is to be denied no further action is required. If you wish to know why please feel free to contact me for more information.

Thanks.

Secure. Contain. Protect.

CONFIDENTIAL
This document may not be shared with or used by personnel below the designated clearance level.

Status
Not open for further replies.