[UK] Godwinson's Executive Researcher Application (2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godwinson

Jun 28, 2022
Disclaimer: This is my second application for the role of Executive Researcher on the UK server.​

For how long have you played on CG SCP: 317 hours
In what country are you located?: England
Time zone: GMT/BST
Character name(s): Godwinson
Civilian name: Harvey Stevenson
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): UK Server
Do you have a mic?: Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held: Counter Insurgency Operative (formerly) and E-11 PVT (currently).

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: Bans for NITRP and RDM in the past when I did not take the server as seriously as I should have. The most recent incident, if I can recall correctly, was a warning for a minor breach of NLR.

Why are you applying for Executive Researcher? The primary reason for me applying for Executive Researcher is that I thoroughly enjoy playing researcher on the server due to the huge variety of RP situations it allows me to engage in thanks to the large amount of SCPs available to conduct tests with. I am a Senior Researcher, and as such this is the obvious next step for me in terms of progression. I think being in a more senior position within the research department will also increase the quality of my RP as I'll have a higher clearance level, meaning possibly more access to more senior players and SCPs.

What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?: I would say I am suitable for the role of Executive Researcher mainly because I am responsible in the sense that I will conduct research on SCPs within the bounds of my authority and do so according to the correct procedure to ensure valid results are found. I also believe that the way in which I conduct research is both immersive and engaging for everyone involved. For example, I always give a concise yet detailed briefing of the SCP to the Class-D and GenSec participating in the test alongside a set of clear instructions for them to follow. In addition to this, I always prioritise the safety of the Class-D involved in the testing, yet am careful not to be too overprotective as this may hinder the enjoyment of the RP. In regards to the production of documents, I believe that I am more than capable of publishing high quality research documentation that is worded in accessible yet appropriately formal language. I feel that by to becoming a more senior researcher I could pass on these positive traits to lower ranking members of the research department, which can only be beneficial to the department and facility as a whole.

How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent? As of the time of writing, I have written 3 excellent-graded documents on three different SCPs, all of which are available to be read on SCiPNET. An excellent document is a document that, in detail, describes the process by which a test took place. It will include the participants within the test, the SCP involved (if any), any variables that may affect the results of the test and the procedures followed to ensure the test operated smoothly. An excellent document is clear and concise, using formal English language and excluding any slang or possible incoherency, and will follow the correct format of any other document, which would include an appropriate title and images relevant to the subject of the research. For a document to be graded excellent it must not only match this level of quality but also include every aspect of the test. For example - an excellent document must detail the aims of the research, the participants involved in the test, any equipment used during the test, include a synopsis of the events of the test and a conclusion detailing the findings as a result of the experiment. I personally like to include a section after the conclusion called "Researcher's Note" to highlight any possibly outstanding issues regarding the test or the results of the test, such as unanswered questions or things that could be improved upon in future research.

What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?: The responsibility of an Executive Researcher within RP is to act as a senior member of the research department. What is meant by this is that an Executive Researcher will conduct research, as usual, but in addition to this also provide guidance to lower ranking researchers. This would be done by acting as a role model through the production of high quality documents, the hosting of informative and accessible lectures, and through reviewing the documents of lower-ranking researchers to ensure they meet the expected standards of the department. Above all else, an Executive Researcher is to pass on the skills necessary to conduct quality research and produce professional documentation to lower ranking researchers.

Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:

Fetching Log "RESIGNATION"...

ATTENTION! THE FOLLOWING LOG IS FOR THE EYES OF CLEARANCE LEVEL 4 PERSONNEL AND ABOVE ONLY. UNAUTHORISED PERSONNEL RISK BEING EXPOSED TO A MEMETIC KILL AGENT.

Awaiting User Authorisation. Initiating Memetic Sequence...

Authorisation Verified. Aborting Memetic Sequence...

Memetic Kill Agent Sequence Successfully Aborted.

[16:53]GODWINSON: Are you there?
[16:53]JOHN: Yeah, what is it?
[16:56]GODWINSON: Listen. I don't know how to say this in a way that won't make you hate me.
[16:59]JOHN: What is it? I'm busy.
[16:59]GODWINSON: My work has been noticed and I've been offered employment elsewhere.
[17:01]JOHN: Uh... Okay? You're not seriously considering leaving us, right?
[17:02]GODWINSON: I don't think I really have a choice...
[17:04]JOHN: Godwinson, don't be stupid. We've only just started work on this project.
[17:07]GODWINSON: John, you don't get it. It's out of my control now.
[17:07]JOHN: What? You can't be serious, man. Is it the pay? Think about the huge grant we were just given!
[17:10]GODWINSON: This isn't about wealth, John. This is something far bigger.
[17:11]GODWINSON: Look. We can't work together anymore. They're going to be monitoring me closely. I wish you all the best.
[17:11]GODWINSON LOGGED OUT
[17:12]JOHN: For Christ's sake, Godwinson! Who are "they"? Is this some sort of sick joke?
[17:12]CONNECTION INTERCEPTED AND TERMINATED

LOG END

Last edited:

Millzy

Donator
Mar 28, 2022
+ Support
+ Active
+ Good application

+/- Understanding of what makes a document "Excellent" needs to be disambiguated (FFR: The actual research also plays into the grade)

Note: I'd love to see some more research documents submitted asw.

Brian

Apr 18, 2022
+ Support

+ I see you active as a researcher
+ Good application

Finn

Jun 14, 2022
+Support
Although I hadn't seen the dude in a while, he's been more active now and pretty much only seen him on the Sr. Researcher job. Regarding his work in the Research Department I have no clue but based on his behavior when I deal/talk with him, he sounds like a pretty serious person tbf.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.