• A-1 CPL (held)
  • O-1 PVT (held)
  • Nu-7 PVT (held)
  • CI-A (held)

Have you received any kicks/bans/warnings? and why?:
One day forum ban, later removed;
No in-game warnings/bans.

Why are you applying for Site Director?

With the departure of site director 'Hangman', the position of site director has become vacant. I personally have aspired to become the site director, let there be no mistake, but I always thought that I would not be capable to lead a team of such importance and so high within the Chain of Command. This is however in the past, with the current amount of experience under my belt and the reputation I have built for myself all around the site, I think it has become time to make the big leap to the site director position.

Besides this, I genuinely fell in love with site administration. The people within the team and the day-to-day operations and work on-site make it so you actually have a say in how and when things are being done around the site. You are, by all means, not the final person within the Chain of Command, but you do uphold the daily operations of your site. I like to overview how things are going around the site, I enjoy both talking to people all around the site and trying to implement new strategies, protocols, or documents that help the site to function even better. Having gained the experience of being a member of site administration for a considerable amount of time now (I was a site advisor on two separate occasions), I think I am ready to move up to lead the team to many well-functioning months.

I am aware that site director 'Hangman' has left me with big shoes to fill. This is so without a doubt. But I do intend to keep site administration alive with his departure and further improve the behind-the-scenes operations to further automate and streamline the department. I am convinced that all of the aforementioned are best to be performed from the position of site director.

What makes you suitable for Site Director over Site Advisor?:

I have gained experience from all of my position within the site, and learning from the leaders of yesterday made me the person I am today. I would love to bring you up to speed with all of the things I have learned and how I came to learn about them, but that would transform this application into a small autobiography, something I wish to spare for all of you. To make things easier on the mind, I will talk about five pointers I have learned during my time and things that I still keep close to me every single day I am coming to the site.

1) Be professional, even when faced with toxic people:
I have learned about this during my time in the Internal Affairs Department. You learn how to keep your composure publically, you learn how to talk to people that generally don't even want you to even open up your own mouth. You learn how to form questions and when to ask them. This is something I still use to this day during interviews I conducted with various people around the site.

2) Documentation, implementation and automation:
I always loved writing, documenting things, or automating things around me. This skill has developed majorly during my time within clearance level 4 positions. I have learned how to write well-formatted documents, how to use spreadsheets and forms, and even, thanks to nuke, how to automate all of it to make automated google documents. This will be used a lot during my time as a director since I want to automate the site administration department even further to make everything easier for everyone involved.

3) Listening to the people around you:
As an intelligence ambassador with close to no playtime as an actual ambassador, you tend to look at the department in a new way. You see opportunities where others would be blinded by their usual habits. After being in this position for some time, you come to see that a lot of people have suggestions on how to do things better. Most of the time, people will hold them back because they think that suggesting things are only going to be a waste of time or that the person who is listening would not care about their suggestions or opinion on some matter. I learned during my time in this position that it's not about pushing your way onto a department, it's about creating an environment where people can voice their opinion, suggest things of free will, and if possible, try to get them implemented for them. This creates an even more open roleplay environment that attracts people in the long run.

4) Being the person that people come to with problems:
As an advisor, you learn a lot about yourself and on how you deal with problems. Some small problems, like an argument, or even big problems, like a department not functioning to the point of the collapse of that department, you learn to be a person that people rely on. Someone who they can trust and someone that can make things come true. Most of the time, people promise good times and a lot of fun but never go about how they will achieve it. People do not become leaders overnight, there is a long journey of trust, professionalism, and good standards to get that kind of respect from the people around you because let us be honest, you can even be a member of departmental leadership and lose all respect in a matter of minutes. You can not keep a mask on and pretend to be a leading figure when you are not. The best part about this, however, is that your journey does not have an ending. There are always other aspects of leadership to work on, things to improve about yourself or your team, it's the vision that counts.

5) Site-wide communication, relations, and procedures:
We all know that having 80 foundation players at a time within our site will turn bad if there are not enough communication, supervision, and procedures in place to keep the whole thing from imploding on itself. This is something you learn about as soon as you join clearance level 4. You start to understand policies that have been instructed upon you, and you learn about the things that happen when people do not follow them. This is the same with communication. You learn that the more people communicate, the better people understand one another and the better relations are all around the site. Presence and respect are things that can bring you far within the foundation.

What are the responsibilities of Site Administration in RP?:

First of all, site advisors are usually assigned two departments or MTFs to overlook. If the site administration team runs low on numbers, a third could be assigned to keep the overlooking fluid without hiccups. You could even be assigned to backup over another department or MTF if the need arises, but this practice is however almost never used.

You are also required to be active and professional on facility grounds. You are to be impartial with everything that you do and should be ready to update yourself with the different documents and department policies to further emerge yourself with the relationships between departments.
You should be familiar with the struggles that departments frequently run into and you should always be trying to find a fix for those problems. Your day does not revolve around walking around and making sure you are seen, it's about actively searching for arising problems and smashing them before it becomes something that actually starts inflicting the whole site.

Besides this, during for example facility-wide codes, you are there to keep the whole site up to date on the matter. You ask for status reports on the different codes, assign members to different locations, or give orders to further try to get the code concluded in record time. You have many tools available to you to make these things happen, such as Advanced Armoury for MTFs, but also training protocols (like a training code black) or even setting up training with different departments and MTFs yourself.

In my honest opinion, the worst member a site administration team could have is someone that is just sitting around being passive and only engaging when problems arise.

Additionally to this, the site director looks over the department of site administration. Making sure that new site advisors learn about their assigned departments, learn on how to conduct themselves, and on how to write monthly reviews. You are, at the end of the day, the leader of the site administration team. You should be the person that people come to with problems, you should be the guy that they trust enough to inform them about any problem going around the site, even with the problems that nobody wishes to talk about. You should be one of the most, if not most trusted members on site, while also having your respect for both other players and yourself figured out. You are to be the leader that everyone already thinks you are.

Please give some lore about your Site Administration character and what storylines they would be involved in:

- Gregory McCain, freshly parted from his studies in Global Politics at ███████ University, Belgium, started looking for a job on the local job website. After spending some time and landing his first job in the office of Internal Affairs of the Belgium minister of the said department and showing a good understanding of politics, leadership, and the capacity to work nights on end, Gregory was given the nickname "Archangel", a callsign to reflect his ability to guide those serving under him within his team. After working in the office for close to 2 years, McCain was approached by two men in black suits. They explained to Gregory that his work has not gone unnoticed and requested if he would like another job offer. Gregory kindly refused, showed the two men out, and thanked them for the offer. With no contact in any way, Gregory woke up in a dimly lit room, feeling dizzy. In front of him were the same two men, they explained that he was now taken to an SCP facility overseas since the local facility personnel might know his personal information. He was explained that he was to be assigned to the Department of Internal Affairs, and after hearing the introduction of the two men, Gregory fell in love with the idea and agreed upon the new job opportunity.

After working within the Department of Internal Affairs for some years, Gregory was called to the office of the department. With a small heart, Gregory opened up the door and entered. He was promptly told to sit on the chair in front of the desk, gulping while sitting down, Gregory looked at a man he admired from the first day since he agreed upon taking the role within the foundation. The Director started talking about the last evaluations of all personnel within the Internal Affairs Department. Gregory started to sweat, even tho knowing his evolution to be good. The report was fully read in front of him. After the end of the report, the director laid the papers down and finished with a simple question:

' We only have one final question, your work here until now has been an example to others... How does Ambassador sound?"

After 2 years within the Department of Internal Affairs, Gregory learned the ins and outs of the whole site he was stationed at. He more and more became interested in overviewing and helping people outside of the department. And that is just what he did. He started helping those in other departments, enlightening them on protocols, procedures, and events that have led to the current state of the facility. After these two years, he becomes known around the facility as someone who is open to questions and willing to help in a different matter. His experience as a leading figure within the Department of Internal Affairs has helped him to develop into someone who is capable of leading multiple people, advising others, and taking care and leadership roles in any situation assigned to him.

Site Administration and ███████ started noticing this, after receiving reports about his helping hand in facility-wide problems, assigning MTFs to specific locations during visitations, and reflecting papers handed to them from other facility site administration personnel visiting Site-65.

McCain, now close to 35 years old, was called to the office of the standing Site Director and was questioned on the matter at hand. Gregory explained;

- McCain: "Sir, with all respect, I only was trying to help others. I did not want to interfere with their day-to-day operations.'-

- Site Director: "McCain... I never told you that I didn't like the way you operate, I just wanted to know why you do it. It's above your paygrade, you are only assigned to work with Internal Affairs, not overlook the whole site."

- McCain: "Euhm... I just like helping people I assume? I know that other ambassadors within the Department of Internal Affairs are doing a really good job, so when they are overlooking the working of the department, I just focus myself more on the whole facility instead of just IA."

- Site Director: "Ah... I see, you know, I could use someone like you. You are familiar with the Code of Conduct, know the Code of Ethics, enforce the Legal Codex, and are already advising and reporting problems that plague the site."

- McCain: "Yes, I'd love to advise you on the matter, I'll do it during my downtime as Ambassador, I'll send you emails with my findings, and I w..." [[INTERRUPTED BY THE DIRECTOR LIFTING HIS FINGER]]

- Site Director: "McCain... Listen, I don't want you to report to me in your free time, I wish you'd help me out with information and reports the whole day, not just after you are done with your ambassador duties. I also would like you here, by my side, not just to hear from you over e-mail. I'm assigning you to full-time Site Advisor."

After 2 years as a member of Site Administration, Gregory learned that the endless amount of paper was making him demotivated. To combat this, Site Advisor McCain could be found within the kill house during his spare time. After contacting the members of Alpha-1, McCain was found to be a decent shot and transferred over to the regiment. During his stay within the regiment, Gregory used his experience and documentation skills to further update and revamp some of the documentation within the regiment, implementing a set of rules, guidelines, and other things. Because of his outstanding work, Gregory was promoted to the non-commissioned officer within the regiment. After he felt that his job there was done, he filled up an application to the O5 council, asking them if they need any assistance. He had high hopes for this position, hoping he could now start making changes for the better towards the whole foundation instead of a few departments or regiments at a time.

McCain now spends his time helping out the O5 council and working alongside them, one problem at a time. The council noticed that McCain was doing his job to a satisfactory level and determined his skillset could be reassigned to the site administration team. This would however cost them an assistant. They started their weekly meeting, and the sixth point of the meeting finally arrived:

O5-1: 'Alright, gentleman. We're almost at the end of our meeting, we now have arrived at the 'McCain' questions.'

O5-3: 'This guy really is dedicated to fixing problems, isn't he?'

O5-5: 'It seems like it. He is however doing good work when being assigned to something.'

O5-3: 'That's right, -5. Now, we talked about giving him more freedom, do we trust him enough?'

O5-1: 'Gentleman, do not forget his pledge within Alpha-1. He would lay his life for the foundation.'

O5-6: 'So what are you suggesting we do in that case?'

O5-1: 'Well, I think we could assign him back to site administration. A spot just came free and he has proven that he could implement or better multiple departments, meaning he can see problems and work those problems away before they actually start disrupting the whole site.'

O5-7: 'I can vouch for him, he automated a lot of things for me within Intelligence, and he also worked with me when...'

<O5-9 'The Timekeeper' interrupting O5-7 by holding up his hand, signing him to stay silent>

O5-9: 'I hate to break it to you, but we only got 2 minutes left on this subject, he's currently waiting outside, he has no idea. Can we start the vote?'

O5-1: 'Thanks, -9. Those in favor? Raise your hands...'

Seconds later, the large doors to the meeting room opened up and McCain was called inside. In front of him lay retirement papers that removed him from site administration, and next to it, a heavily redacted document about his time within Alpha-1. McCain took place at the empty seat and looked upon the O5 members present, some on a video call and some physically present. He took the document of his time within Site Administration and noticed that the stamp saying 'REASSIGNED' was still there. He looked up to O5-1 and laid his papers down. -1 smirking at McCain while reaching for papers from the binder in front of him.

O5-1: 'McCain, you'll be going back to site-65 for a new assignment.'

McCain: 'Sir, with all respect, but I just returned from there. I did what you asked, I made a full report on the General Security Depa...'

O5-1: 'McCain, shut up for a second, will you?'

McCain: 'Sorry, sir."

O5-1: ' We came to an agreement, you'll be reassigned to the site administration team within Site-65.'

McCain: 'Does that mean I'm done for as an assistant?'

O5-1: 'Did I say so?'

McCain: 'I understand, I'll be packing my bags and I'll be on my way at first light.'

After spending close to 7 years within the site administration team of site-65, Gregory McCain has proven to be a good addition to the team. He reworked a lot of documentation, worked well with the other members of the team, and has shown great dedication and perseverance toward his duties. At the time, site director 'Hangman' commended him for his work ethic and the quality of his reports.

However, at the dawn of ██/01/2023, site director hangman was not in his office, not drinking his morning coffee, a ritual that nobody has interrupted for years. As McCain became worried, dragging his feet around the office like a highschooler who had to perform a speech, he realized that a note was laying in the office, above the letter, a half-filled bottle of amnestics with the standard equipment injection gun next to it. McCain inspected the label, he noticed the 'A' classification with the single bar on the side of the bottle. McCain looked upon the letter laying in front of him and opened it up.

"Dear Mr. McCain," the letter read.
"You are probably wondering where site director "hangman" has gone. We can inform you that he has been assigned to a new position within the SCP Foundation. The Ethics Committee and Overseer Council wish to inform you of this personally, but with the overload of code 5's and code 2's, we could not make it ourselves. With the absence of the director hangman, you are hereby promoted to the rank of site director. Do not think this promotion is underserved and just to fill the position, we wanted to assign you to a new site as a site director, but with the open spot at your current site, we wish for you to stay and continue your efforts in a more senior position."

McCain looked up, checking around him. After noticing nothing but the painting on the wall, he returned his eyes to the paper:

"You are hereby the new director. The first order of the day will be to burn this letter, a cover-up story has been made and we wish for you to amnesticate yourself after opening up the valve for site-wide amnestications. Believe it or not, this will be happening to you quite a lot from now on. The vial only contains half a dose, so you will be forgetting about this document. Keep in mind, all of the information you from now on receive from us is to be untold. You are to remain silent, even your story will be untold."

Darren

Jul 14, 2022
+Support amazing interactions experienced roleplayer active good application

Hope you get this role Full +support

Reactions: Gregory McCain

MazuzaM

Apr 7, 2022

+ Support
Hello Gregory, I am giving you a +Support because of the following reasons:
- You are trustworthy
- You are enjoyable to play with
- You are experienced