[UK] GSD CPT application John "spartan" Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2022
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:565533557

Discord name: SwozyWozy

For how long have you played on CG SCP: a little more than a month (298 hours)

In what country are you located?: Sweden

Time zone: GMT+1

Character name(s): Foundation: John “spartan” Hill, Civilian: John Harddock & CI: John Hoffman.

Civilian name: John Harddock

What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK

Do you have a mic?: Yes
-
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
currently holding:
MTF Nu-7 CPL
CI-A
IA
INTEL
SCP-096

I also hold a few licenses:
RRT License
HW License
Medical License

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? And why?:
1 FearRP: Someone kept breaking NLR on me, and so I refused to RP with him. It was stupid of me and I regret my actions.
-
Why are you applying for Security Captain?:
Because I want to spread my wings and I feel like as a sergeant I'm not able to reach my true potential. Because I remember when I first started playing in CG SCP-RP I quickly fell in love with being GENSEC, but I felt like there was something missing, kind of like a helping hand you know. Someone to show me around and teach me how to do my job, someone to teach me about ethics and protocol. That's why I want to be a captain so that i can teach and train new people and to make GENSEC feel more like a family while still keeping the professionalism.

What makes you suitable for Security Captain?:
I've been GENSEC for most of the time I have spent in the server, and I know all the rules and protocols. I know CoE and CoC like the back of my hand. Not only that, but I am mature and well tempered. I am highly disciplined, and I wish to teach and discipline those under my command. I am very good at staying calm in stressful situations, as well as handling them fast and efficient. Furthermore, I have a lot of combat experience. I feel like my time as IA and Nu-7 have only strengthened me and made me more suitable for this position.

What are the responsibilities of the Security Captain in RP?:
A captain has to train and discipline those under his command, he must make sure GENSEC is kept professional. A captain has to auth and lead sweeps while making sure there aren't any casualties. Captains must also train people for RRT and HW licenses. Captains have to assign duties such as airlock or watchtower and make sure he rewards them by crediting them once every 10-15 minutes. Many people always like to flame GENSEC for being unethical and cruel, but you have to remember it's the captain's job to train his men and women well, so stuff like that doesn't happen.

Please give some lore about your Security Captain character and what storylines they would be involved in:

File number: ███
File name: ██████████
Clearance level required: 5​
07/11/████

John Hill
Nickname: spartan

John had a rough childhood. His father passed away while deployed when John was 3 years old, so it was always him and his mom. His mother struggled hard with depression and trying to have a stable income at the same time as being a mother and giving attention to her child. Causing John to be alone most of the time. Naturally, John had to learn life skills at an early age just so he could survive. And because of that, John grew up without ever really living his childhood.

John always excelled at school and was always at the top of his class. John always got picked on because he couldn't afford brand-new clothes and couldn't afford a bike like all the other kids. He never really had friends except a kid named Lenny. They got along excellent because both of them were outcasts, one being “poor” and the other being a “nerd”. Until one day, the popular kids at the school had invited Lenny to hang out with them. Despite John warning him multiple times, he still went with the popular kids. They took him to a cliff above a lake. They called him names and pressured him to jump in the water. Lenny, not wanting to be an outcast, jumped despite knowing he couldn't swim. Lenny's body was found 2 days later, and it was swept under the rug as an accident. That was it for John, he didn't want to live like this, so he decided to drop out of college and follow in his father's footsteps by joining the army.

John was an excellent marksman. His superiors noticed it and decided he was better off in sniper school, so he got sent an invitation to sniper school. He excelled in his tasks like he always does and graduated at the top of his class. He got 33 confirmed kills during his first deployment in Iraq. After going home after his deployment, his mother gets diagnosed with terminal cancer and sadly passes soon after. This destroyed John, and he quickly fell in to depression and drinking. But had to get his life together because he wouldn't want his mother to see him like this, so he got up put his chin up and accepted reality as it is. He knew nothing could bring his mother back, so the only thing he could do was living a life that would make his mother proud. During his second deployment, John got 74 confirmed kills. This caught the attention of “Task Force ███” and so he was recruited by them.

“Task Force ███” is a special operations group that work off the books and are top secret. They do the dirty work of NATO, that being but not limited to Espionage, assassination & sabotage. All members identities are hidden and any information on them are destroyed. All members go by code names. And the result of that is that all members are considered ghosts because they don't officially exist.

John quickly fit in. This felt like a brotherhood to him, a family. And that feeling only got stronger each operation. But like everything good in life, it doesn't last forever.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Operation ██████ █████
24/6/████

“Task force ███” was sent on a sabotage mission in ██████. They were sent to destroy a target located in a chemical factory owned by ████████. An information leak caused the enemy to get the exact time, date, and location of the operation. They had set up an ambush. As soon as the operatives entered the bunker, the door was closed behind them and a nerve agent called ██-███ was pumped into the room. All members except “spartan” had expired, and “spartan” was the lone survivor of the mission.

“Task force ███” was disbanded shortly after.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John had heard his brothers suffocate and beg for help on comms, but there was nothing he could do. After many years of living with survivors guilt and therapy, he had finally recovered. John was given a nice house, car, and identity, but that wasn't what John wanted. He wanted what he had in the task force. He wanted to be a part of a brotherhood again. And because of that and his past, he was a perfect candidate for the SCP foundation.

I just want to add. I am terrible at writing, but I tried my best. Likewise, I know I'm pretty new to the community, but I feel like I am ready for the responsibility. If I get accepted, I will do right by gensec.

Huge thanks to CrusadorTommy for helping me with my application!

Last edited:

CI Lawliet Marauder

Sep 9, 2022
+SUPPORT
Mature
Active

I have seen you on as GENSEC and you have proven to everyone that you are great at your job and there fore due to your excellent work in D-Block and the facility I will be leaving a Support to this application.

• Love
Reactions: John "spartan" Hill

J. 'Eidolon' Shekelstein

Sep 10, 2022
APPLICATION APPROVED

Would you kindly contact Chief of Security 'Eidolon' so that an interview can be arranged. You are reminded that an interview is a non-negotiable requirement for progression to the rank of GSD Captain and that it is a failable test.

- Eidolon

Status
Not open for further replies.