[UK] Guts' Ethics Committe Member Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 6, 2023
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:46687214
Discord name: mishashi
For how long have you played on CG SCP: 21D according to the ingame timer, roughly since March last year with half a year break inbetween.
In what country are you located?: Germany
Time zone: GMT+1
Character name(s): 'Guts', 'Scarlet'
Civilian name: None
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): UK
Do you have a mic?: Yes
-
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
Listed all in my signature and kept up to date. Currently most active on MTF O-1 Lieutenant.
-
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
One for RDM in March last year, but was appealed.
-

What Ethics Committee role are you applying for, and why:
I am applying for the role of an Ethics Committee member. I have been playing on this server for a good while now and feel like I'm ready to expand my horizons into a more senior position that holds more responsibilities and chances to create roleplay opportunities. As it currently stands, I feel as though the server is currently leaned into a more combat-focused loop and I aim to change that by opening up more roleplay scenarios, some of which that can only be done as a Committee Member - Like talking with the Gamemaster team by coordinating a sort of visit from a foreign Committee Member, or for once, including Tech Experts by giving the Reactors an overhaul and a thorough checkup. Rough examples.

Furthermore, I plan to encourage departments interacting with one another more often rather than just having the current interactions stay as "need-to-happen" basis. What I mean with that, is that a high percentage of players only tend to interact with another regiment when it's urgent. I plan to not stop just by hoping to encourage interactions between regiments, I of course have plans to expand departmental duties, add chances for D-Class to be more involved in more roleplay other than the simple of loop of "get tested, potentially die, return to d-block". Furthermore, with the experience that I've gathered by being in the position that I am now, I am certain that I've gathered the necessary knowledge as both ECA and O-1 LT. to be holding the position of a Committee Member.

What makes you the best candidate for the Ethics Committee?:
I consider myself a great candidate as I am quite active and talkative when it comes to interacting with people. Though I may not have much experience when it comes to leading a regiment as I've only recently achieved the rank of Lieutenant, I am certain that the reponsibilities of an ECM will not be a huge issue to me. Furthermore, I believe myself to be capable of creating enjoyable, lasting experiences when it comes to roleplay. Able to take jokes where possible, while also remaining serious in a manner that keeps me a cool head in dire times. I have more than enough experience playing as CL4 personnel, while also having played as an Assistant in the past aswell as currently, I'm certain that the duties of an ECM will not be a hugely difficult task to overcome.

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee in RP?:
The Ethics Committee serves a huge purpose in the Foundation to ensure that ethical procedures are upheld.

For personnel they;
-Host Tribunals against offenders of the FLC to receive their rightful punishment
-Oversee regiments/departments and ensure that they are fullfilling their duties just as the guidelines describe
-They perform or organize audits on departments
-Approve testing under certain circumstances (Like requiring more than the normal amount of D-Class for testing, 914 usage on D-Class or biological matter, 008 Tests)
-Initiate a Code Black when there are too many SCPs inside LCZ.
-Call a Nuke if ERT has failed to contain a breach.
-They hand out permissions to mass-terminate D-Class when a riot raid has gone unsuccessful

Furthermore, they;
-Also act as judges during tribunals
-Oversee their Assistants, give out tasking and ensure that they are kept well busy
-Act as a sort of 'control measure' to keep the Overseer Council in check and if needed, send Omega-1 to kill them if their goals go against the Foundation's principles
-Give Omega-1 'Law's Left Hand' orders for things that need to be done under the radar, like assassinations, kidnappings and the likes.
-Authorize AA when its needed
-And most importantly, create interactions. Go out and interact with people, create RP where possible.

What are the responsibilities of the Ethics Committee out of RP (e.g. what applications do they handle?):
I'll be listing these as bullet points, seperate into an OOC and IC section.
They handle, like any other regiment, Ethics related applications;
- Ethics Committee Assistants
-Ethics Committee Members

-Director of Internal Affairs
(Given Internal Affairs deals with FLC violations and in turn acts as their 'eyes on the field')

-Interacting between departments to encourage them by suggesting or straight up creating their own roleplay scenarios
-For Monthly Reviews, Ethics hands out their 'impact statement' that will let a department know what ethical standpoints they should improve upon

-Stay in contact with the Event Team/Gamemasters to create stories.
-
Please give some lore about your Ethics Committee character and what storylines they would be involved in:

<GNRL> - <:: Cairo initiate booting sequence. Authorization code; mTEWJg§%&12JUte"$%!"!zH$ ::>
CAIRO.ai - <:: Booting initiated. Good morning, Chairman McKenna. How may I be of as- ::>
<GNRL> - <:: Spare me the formalities. Execute the following - Open O-1 Directory, open roster, expand the profile from Lieutenant 'Guts'. ::>

. . .
. . .
File not found.
The general slams his desk with a scowl.
<GNRL> - <:: We need a new AI... ::>

! ! !
File found, opening. . .
Please scan your biometrics now
. . .
The machine bleeps as it recognizes the General's fingerprints and a new window pops up.

NAME: REDACTED
CODENAME: GUTS
NOTE: The Lieutenant's last access to this terminal has been 3 Days ago. Files indicate that he had recently created a departmental report on; GENERAL SECURITY DEPARTMENT. Would you like to open the file? Y/N
File opened...
I'll spare whoever is reading this the formalities and get to the point. The security department is grossly understaffed and requires a serious intervention from either the Site Administration team, or the Committee. Seeing what happens in D-Block day after day, guards being murdered due to their own carelessness and most likely, lack of training, gets tiring to dealt with and will inevitably result in a massive drop in funds if RAISA ever decides to pay us a thorough visit. Alongside that, is our containment system even functional? Breaches every hour, killing personnel and damaging equipment. Again, expensive. Should be dealt with. Report shall be made to the reponsible personnel.
I am starting to believe that I have to make the necessary moves in order to get this shithole of a Site finally in working order. As it stands, this Site is doomed. Changes need to happen. To whoever is reading this? Consider this my formal application to fill that vacant Committee spot. Don't even want to know what happened to the previous member. Bless his soul.

SHUTDOWN INITIATED

<GNRL> - <:: Locate any file he's edited or created. Secure it and redact them - Or just his names in them. Inform him to get into contact with me. As soon as possible. ::>

CAIRO.ai - <:: Understood. . . As it currently stands, 52 FILES indicate his involvement and have been filed for redactment or removal. ::>

CAIRO.ai - <:: Furthermore, your recent order to expand the doors leading into your Office has been declined. Want me to file another? ::>

<GNRL> - <:: No. That will be all. Inform the Commander that he'll have one Lieutenant less. ::>

Last edited:
I have a couple tips for your Duties section:
- Applications are considered OOC, so would be best to move them over
- There are many duties, both IC and OOC that come with the role of an ECM that you have not mentioned, if you are unsure of them you can ask around or look for them
- The duties can be as simple as they can get or as specific to the role as possible but you should mention as many as possible

Just some tips, this is not me negatively supporting your application, just a helping hand of sorts.

Jan 6, 2023
Could you list for me any RP scenarios/storylines you've been involved in or created?
Any documentation you've done that you can show?
Mainly events that have involved Omega-1 and/or the Ethics Committee. A few that spring into mind were the ones recently relating to Cortex, and the event that had Omega-1 fighting some sort of lion in a dark souls-like fashion. Furthermore, I am currently working together with Medical to improve relations with Omega-1 by not only writing up an agreement, but also coordinating together with either regiment to ensure a smooth flow of proceedings.

As for documents, only really a fair few incidents reports on DEA aswell as one for O-1. I frankly can't remember if I had uploaded or stored the DEA ones somewhere. Haven't had too much of an opportunity to write up a lot of reports.

Mar 20, 2022
Mainly events that have involved Omega-1 and/or the Ethics Committee. A few that spring into mind were the ones recently relating to Cortex, and the event that had Omega-1 fighting some sort of lion in a dark souls-like fashion. Furthermore, I am currently working together with Medical to improve relations with Omega-1 by not only writing up an agreement, but also coordinating together with either regiment to ensure a smooth flow of proceedings.

As for documents, only really a fair few incidents reports on DEA aswell as one for O-1. I frankly can't remember if I had uploaded or stored the DEA ones somewhere. Haven't had too much of an opportunity to write up a lot of reports.
I see nothing in your reply that outlines anything spectacular or any highlighting qualities to becoming an ECM.

On this occasion, I'll be leaving a -Support

In future applications to Site Command, even Site Administration, its always beneficial to be creating the roleplay around you. Either through Operations, stories and/or other avenues of RP. I think with what you've done so far it isn't quite enough.

Aug 17, 2022
-Support
This is a tough one for me to judge because I honestly think you're a great person, we've bumped into each other frequently during my tenure back at the Site and our interactions have been good. I've seen you put in the work for O-1 and was not surprised at all to see you promoted to LT.

At the same time, however, your history of CL4 experience is quite ancient on the RP and non-combat side of things aside from ECA, and as I have seen highlighted by Broda and scanning your application, I do not see any stellar examples of RP creation that would show you as being the best candidate for ECM at the moment. The Cortex was quite some time ago unless you are telling me that there has been even more extensions to the Storyline in the last 3 months, which means you appear to be a bit out of practice, if that makes sense.

I also think the bullet pointed duty list for what the Committee does, as well as a couple of lacking answers in that regard, such as the OOC duties of the Committee relating to their obligations as SC to focus on server health as well based on the RP created and their duties related to working with IA and FLC innovations, is another weakness of the application itself.

Overall, you're a lovely person and definitely have the qualities of someone I'd see in SC, but the experience and skills related to the roles are not there yet. I'd encourage you to take some more time first.

Best of luck regardless.

Reactions: Mishashi
Dec 3, 2023
This is a very tough thing to discuss Guts. You are a brilliant O-1 LT and do very well leading the regiment.

Some things that you could work on are your RP creations as yes you hold ALL the qualities of a good ECM Even the ethics voice. But like what others have said, yes you have experience with ECA but what I have seen is you following orders and not particularly done anything above and beyond. I think you need to create more RP events such as what you implied on your ECM app on ECA job. Like bringing down the techies and starting to make the change.

Also the experience of a ECA is good but I think before ECM either climb the ranks of the ECA's such as becoming a senior CL4 Or go for SA what it seems is you want to change the state of the server with RP (If this is wrong do let me know) But if you want to do that, do it as SA first!

Also if you do have more RP things that you have done, edit the app to show what they are!

From this im going to be +/-Neutral

- support

applicant does not have experience in departmental management, site-wide policy creation or RP creation

experience pool is, strictly combative, lacks seniority and shows a very short amount of time spent on the game

application lists the duties of an ECM inside and outside of RP using bullet points without proper elaboration which provides no confidence the applicant knows what an ECM actually does

the lore entry is one of the most minimalistic i have ever seen applied to a CL5 position and it does not demonstrate and understanding ethics committee lore, or wider SCP lore for that matter

Status
Not open for further replies.