[UK] James K.'s Executive Researcher Application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 22, 2023

OOC INFORMATION
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:196792033
Discord Name: Kinlep
Time Spent On SCP-RP: I Have played for around 5-6 months with a recent 6 month break, VTime will be attached below, (The reason for there being so many yellow lines for AFK is that I spend lots of time on my documents, and whenever the AFK message pops up I close the document and move around to avoid being kicked)
Time Zone: BST (+0)
Character Name: James K.
Civilian Name: James Kennedy.
What Sever Are You Applying For: SCP-RP UK.
Do You Have A Mic: Yes (Although I am often seen without one, this is during my document writing days, I disable it and listen to music)
List All Whitelisted Roles: IA Ambassador, Overseer Assistant, E-11 LCPL, SCP-096, CI-A, GOC PVT.
Kicks / Warnings / Bans List: FailRP, Mic Spam, Meta Gaming, FearRP, ERP.
NOTE: If anymore information is wanted, please send a message in the comments and I will fix the issue as soon as I can.

IC INFORMATION
Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?
Within this last month, I have discovered the hidden beauty to writing documents, I have found myself disliking writing in IRL, but for some unknown reason I really enjoy writing documents within SCP-RP, the role of senior researcher give you plenty of options for documents to write about and to enjoy but I would also like to expand my duties, Writing documents about SCP's is fun but after reading about them on the wiki it further develops my interest, I would love nothing more than to be able to read other researcher's documents and to be able to critique them and to help them further improve.

Again, an alternative reason for this application is that I miss the responsibilities that were given to clearance level 4 staff, from my times before my break as a CL4 staff member you were introduced to more various roleplay scenarios, such as interacting with the Overseer Council & the Ethics Committee a lot more, I enjoyed this as they often tasked you with various interesting things, and as an executive, I imagine that they will occasionally task you with proceeding with various tests, this could provide an interesting roleplay scenarios which I would love to experience myself.

Another reason why I want to join the executive researchers team is because I want to be able to test on more advanced SCP's in more advanced ways, for example I would love to think up a reason for an SCP-008 test, these tests are very rare and usually include lots of roleplay, this is why it entices me to create one of these, the roleplay of interacting with an SCP as dangerous as SCP-008 can bring lots of unique roleplay opportunities which I would love to experience myself.

Finally, The last reason I am applying is because on two separate occasions now I have been told by executives to apply for the position, I would wait till a further date but I cannot keep distracting myself from applying, therefore I thought I shall give it a chance and if I end up failing it was still worth a try.

What make you suitable for Executive researcher?
There are many things that make me suitable for the position of executive researcher, firstly I am very active, as you will be able to see from my Vtime, I am on almost always, this is needed especially in the Executive Researcher role, the reason that I believe this is the case is because Executives are needed by lower level research staff very often, some of the reasons include, for certain cross test authorisation, for authorisation of use of certain tools against SCP's like guns, for grading documents and for also helping any researchers that require document help, ideas for a test or absolutely anything!

Another reason for why I am suitable for the Executive Researcher role is because I am creative when writing documents, for example I will find ways to stray from the boring tests such as sampling as much as possible, I do this by testing sentient SCP's with interviews and also by recording the effect of certain anomalous chemicals on D-Class, an example of a test that I performed that I was proud of was the SCP-096 Genome test, in this test I interviewed 3 Different D-Class about there mental health, then injected them with the SCP-096 Genome (This basically turns them schizophrenic) and then asked them the same questions again, this made for amazingly fun RP and an even more fun thing to write about.

Furthermore, another reason why I am suitable for Executive Researcher is because I am very good at time management, I can get any projects or any tasks set by more senior CL4 done in a very quick time while also maintaining a high quality, this is because I am happy to dedicate all my time towards something if it is needed, also I have lots of free time so any documents no matter how long may be able to be done in as little as 1-2 days depending on how much testing needs to be done.

Finally, the last reason for my belief that I am suitable for the role of Executive Researcher is because I enjoy reading about SCP's, I briefly mentioned this before in my last paragraphs, but I really enjoy going on the SCP wiki and just reading, no mater the SCP, I enjoy it, this may seem irrelevant for my suitability for Executive but, the reason why I believe this to be an important part is because you are required to grade documents, and if you spend your time disliking reading then this role will be a drag, but since I enjoy the reading aspect it means that I will be able to tell researchers if I genuinely enjoyed their documents and I will be able to give more thorough feedback.

How many Excellent document have you written? What makes a document Excellent?
I am sure that I have written 7 Excellent graded documents so far, I will upload proof of this soon once the document grading tab has updated on the RND Roster to show my 2 latest documents.

There are what seems like several hundred requirements to make an excellent document, firstly, the document must use correct formatting, I have seen countless times executives talking to people saying that they write well but the format of their document has resulted in that document getting a low grade or sometimes even getting denied, a good way to follow the correct format is to use the example document, or if you want a higher grade such as Excellent you should split your document up in multiple categories, some categories that I personally use are as follows: A Title page, An Index, an SCP's involved / Chemicals involved page, Participants page, Authorisation page, Equipment used page, Method, Risks, Aims, Hypothesis, Control, Results, Conclusion and finally an Evidence page, by using all of these categories you are not just improving the length of the document but also the quality.

Another way to create an Excellent document is Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar, these 3 things are essential in order to make an excellent document, this is due to the fact that documents that are spelt correctly, feature correct punctuation and have good grammar give the feeling that more time has been spent on the document and that it is not just something that has been effortlessly pumped out for the sake of it, by spending time proof reading your document it shows that you have given your time in order to achieve the status of an excellent document.

Again, another way that is needed in order to gain the status of an excellent document is to make your document engaging to read, this can be done using various methods but the primary way to do this is to make the reader question what is going to happen or to ask questions that the reader wants to know, for example in your aims you could add an aim like "Furthermore, this test will help us answer some questions that we have about this SCP, such as why does it do this?" By asking the reader a question it makes them feel more included within the document, therefore resulting in them being more engaged.

Finally, the last way that I can think of at this time to make your document reach the Excellent status is to include as much detail as possible, research documents in the real world are precise pieces of information that use detail to show their point, so by remaining detail orientated you manage to not just convey your point but also reach the Excellent status, to be detailed orientated you can simply use more pages to demonstrate your point, for example instead of trying to fit your aim's into a single page, don't be afraid to use 2 or even 3.

What are the responsibilities of an Executive Researcher in RP?

Executive Researchers have many responsibilities in roleplay, for example, authorisation and review, this category involves reviewing documents written by researchers and authorising tests that researchers have requested to do an example of this is if a researcher wants to cross test 2 safe SCPs, they will need executive+ permission, or also if a researcher uploads a document to script net, you will need to read this document and then offer ways to improve the document if they need it.

Another set of responsibilities that Executives have is that they can be involved in overseeing tests, this can be if a Sr. Researcher requests to do an SCP-682 test, as a CL4 member of staff you will be required to make sure the test is running smoothly and to make sure that the Sr. Researcher won't try to mishandle the test, this can be done by simply following the researcher during the test and making sure they are properly following procedure, by briefing the D-Class.

Another category of responsibilities is "Improvement" this can include several things, from hosting lectures for researchers to allowing people to shadow you during a test to show them how to properly handle one, an example of this can be a new Jr. Researcher isn't sure how to properly conduct himself during a test, to help him you could bring him along with you during a test, allowing him to ask questions, therefore letting him improve.

Finally, the last category I could currently think of for the responsibilities of an Executive is "General Conduct" since this is a more advanced role you must act like it, you must remain respectful at all times to staff even if they are below you in the chain of command, you must always following the ethical guidelines and make sure others are doing the same and lastly, always follow orders given from either the DoR, SA or Site Command.

CHARACTER LORE

<:File Name: James K's SCP-008 Test:>
<:Accessing...….......:>
<:Access Granted:>
<:Subheading: SCP-008 "Chemical Combine Test:>
<:Classification: Failed Test:>
<:Site Number: Site
██:>

James K: The aims of this test are simple,
we are attempting to combine the chemical structure of the SCP-008 with alternate chemicals,
The reason for this is to possible find a use for SCP-008 rather than just keeping it locked up in a basement.

Test 1: Mixing SCP-008 with Tylenol.
James K: The reason we are mixing SCP-008 with Tylenol in this experiment is because Tylenol is a chemical that helps heal patients, it is very effective at its job so the hopes are that this will prevent the subject from turning into a raging zombie,
<James Mixes both chemicals together>
James K: Okay! so from my initial observation the chemicals have mixed together nicely and have formed an orange liquid, this liquid has quite a high viscosity and may be corrosive, starting human testing now,
<James enters the testing chamber which has a D-Class inside, he proceeds to inject the D-Class with a modified version of the SCP-008 virus>
James K: I am injecting the subject now, (To D-Class) Don't worry this won't hurt for long......
D-Class: What are you injecti.... (Screams fill the room and the D-Class begins to transform)
James K: Damn, it seems this test has failed, he is still transforming, although I am noticing some slight changes to its appearance, more muscle definition, subject has grew to 6 foot 6 inches, and is now unrecognisable from his former self, this is unique from the other SCP-008-2 variants, most likely from the addition of Tylenol.
<: SCP-008-2 begins to grow larger than any other SCP-008 varient and then rips the door of the testing room, causing a breach:>
James K: Oh Fuck! MTF! Kill that thing! NOW!
<: The SCP-008 variant tears apart all the MTF effortlessly but James manages to somehow escape:>
Intercom: CODE 3! Contaminate Breach! E-11 respond to the breach immediately! Hazmat Suit Use Is Now MANDITORY!
James K: Oh god! what Have I done, they won't be able to stop this, I need to get out of here!
<:Around 15 minutes passes by and the breach still isn't dealt with:>
Intercom: CODE BLACK! Evacuate Site Immediately, Blast Doors will be shut soon, You will be tested for infection once reached surface!

<:James arrives at the surface but see no-one, not a single guard, MTF or even ISD:>
James K: Am I.... The only one who made it? Just me? No one else?
<:A large explosion is heard from inside the facility:>
Intercom: OMEGA WARHEAD DETONATED! All individuals must line up for processing.

<:The garage door opens and a sharply dressed man enters alongside several security members:>
???: Hello James, You must of expected this right?
There is a reason SCP-008 is restricted to you clearance level 3,
I'll tell you what, your the sole survivor, Il give you that, how would you like to come to Site 65,
You'll continue your research on SCP-008 under a new title, Executive Researcher.

James K: Yes, Sir....?
<:James leaves with the sharply dressed man to go explore site-65:>

<:END OF FILE:>
NOTE: I am not good at writing lore, so please don't judge too harshly.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-15 190000.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-15 190000.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot 2024-06-15 115248.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-15 115248.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot 2024-06-15 115238.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-15 115238.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot 2024-06-15 115219.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-15 115219.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 11
  • rp_site65_civilnetworks_8h0266.png
    rp_site65_civilnetworks_8h0266.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot 2024-06-18 201447.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-18 201447.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
+Support

You are active and I have seen several of your documents! I think the way you make them is quite nice and you've always taken my feedback on board. Although you haven't performed any largescale tests from what I've seen I think exec would open that door for you and I'd love to see what you get up to. Good luck!

Reactions: James K.

Willow

Mar 14, 2024
+SUPPORT!!!
This man is one one of the funniest fellas I've seen in a while, and I feel like his whimsy would serve R&D so well

Reactions: James K.

Deleted member 6811

6n2rAtL.png

The following message is composed via consensus of the Directors of Research.

Greetings, @James K.

Thank you for showing an interest in expanding your duties within the Foundation. After careful consideration, we have come to a verdict regarding this personnel role reassignment request. This request is to be elevated to the next stage. We will be in contact shortly.

Yours sincerely,
Director of Research,
Dr. Engallagher Kazimieras Carmine Ludenberg

Secure. Contain. Protect.

CONFIDENTIAL
This document may not be shared with or used by personnel below the designated clearance level.​

• Love
Reactions: Dennid
Status
Not open for further replies.