Civilian name: Jeremy Elbertson
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK
Do you have a mic?: Yes
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:
- Executive Researcher (Holding)
-Overseer Assistant (Held)
- Site Advisor (Held)
-Nu-7 LCPL (Holding)
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: I have two inactive FailRP warns.

Why are you applying for Director of Research?
As I said in my Executive Application, research is and always will be my priority. With the influx of projects and protocals coming to the department, I want to apply and put my best foot forward to help lead the department into a sustainable, fun, and engaging RP department. I am deeply committed to continue bringing RP and future projects to the department, such as the most recent Project Hero. I hope to join the rank of DoR and encourage individuality among researchers and their tests, to branch out and create projects for passion or fun. It is a dream to help lead a team of researchers equally as committed to creating engaging and fun RP for not only the department, but the site as a whole.

What makes you suitable for Director of Research?:
While some would argue I can act unprofessional or childish, I believe this can infact lend itself usefull to coming up with lore, documents, projects, and test ideas. I have been an executive for a majority of my time on CN and a large portion of that time is spent coming up with new tests and planning projects.

The newest project coming up, Project Hero, is hopefully the first of many to bring more immersive and fun RP to research department. Creating documents is a huge part of research, and to look at my previous both on server and out, it's one of my favourite thing. I am one of the most in-depth writers, even for the seemingly 'silly' documents (when I wrote 7 pages of physics and maths to convince admins to give me the drivable couch). It is one of my greatest assets, and I will be linking several below:

Project H.E.R.O Introduction and Spreadsheet.
Site-65//Site-01 Collaborative Study.
Incident Report for PAC
Personnel Dossier : Jaqueline

What are the responsibilities of the Director of Research in RP?:
The Director of Research is a key figure in the Foundation's research department, responsible for overseeing and guiding it towards discoveries while adhering to strict protocols and ethical guidelines. They must foster a culture of investigation and ethical research practices, aligning projects with the Foundation's mission to safely study and contain SCPs. The Director facilitates communication, mentors researchers, and actively participates in reviewing high-profile projects involving high-risk SCPs or complex cross tests. They ensure the Foundation maintains standards of excellence and integrity across all scientific endeavors.

The Director of Research is responsible for ensuring the department operates efficiently, staying on site, and being readily available to researchers. They have increased authority in cross tests and must review tests before approval. Off-site responsibilities include being available for emergencies, hosting meetings with the executive team, handling executive researcher applications, and onboarding new hires. They must work closely with Site Administration and Site Command on various matters, revising rules, policies, and adhering to CoE and CoC.

Please give some lore about your Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in:

ACCESSING TERMINAL...

[ScriptNET] Please input ID and Password

[USER] Mercy.
[USER] Rennaissance.

[ScriptNET] Welcome Dr. Reacher. Showcasing Files matching ID and Password...

[ScriptNET] https://docs.google.com/document/d/15gTR-JskU8TEEgsddSo5CpUL8x64KNTucNHkZmt_n4c/edit?usp=sharing

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
1713560818880.png
this happened not even an hour after you posted your application

Cheetah / RustyOsprey2

Administrator
Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Event Team
Nov 24, 2023
+Support
Competent
Great person
Does some insane lore and research projects i cant lie.

The warn for PAC Abuse from what i understood was a misunderstanding around using wheelchairs, "shouldnt" be that big of a deal. I say let her cook as DoR.

Jackie3

Dec 4, 2023
View attachment 15172
this happened not even an hour after you posted your application
pac has nothing to do with my ability to perform well as a DoR. I can still create RP and projects for the department with a warn, as I do NOW with my two previous warns. Citing this without critism or a review is a bit silly, as the only thing I can take from it is, yes. I did get Pac warned.

Mason Connector

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Aug 13, 2023
-support

I honestly have seen you just goof about even on roles where people would look at you as a serious person but you come off as completely unserious, besides the repeated amounts of pac abuse shows your terrible judgement in having the power to create your own character. so i wouldn't know how you would use that power as a DoR per se, just like when you were an SA

Merrick Travolta

Oct 18, 2023
I'll be leaving a Neutral leaning to -Support for the following reasons

Pros:
You can definitely cook when allowed. Your RP ability is good and your documentation writing is good.
You were quite an active player which is what a senior CL4 needs.
Cons:
You're goofy quite often even on your CL4 positions.
Being warned after your application was posted is not a good look and if you believe that should hold no concern to your application, That says something more. Senior CL4's should more often than not stay within the rules.

You have potential Jaqueline. Out of the current Execs. You've got a good chance.

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
pac has nothing to do with my ability to perform well as a DoR.
you can say the same about any warning. ERP, RDM, LTAP doesnt have anything to do about performance as a DoR, but i would still not prefer a DoR who ERP's/RDM's/LTAP's

Ace 63

Nov 21, 2023
+Support
-The people who -supported arent listing any reasons and even then its quite small things or unrelated things. I have seen Jaqueline be a bit of a minge but the fact that she can be funny is first of all better than most DPT Leaders and lightens the mood and ups morale of RSD! I think she will take the job of DOR seriously and with the respect required!

'The Affected'

Nov 7, 2022
Nothing personal, but your tenure as SA was influential in only negative ways, you constantly tend to break server rules and you are nowhere near professional. You do not take most stuff seriously.
Whenever you decide to learn from your mistakes/verbal warnings then consider reapplying for the position again. For now it seems like you repeatedly minge and do not care about server rules.

Massive -Support

Last edited:

Jackie3

Dec 4, 2023
you can say the same about any warning. ERP, RDM, LTAP doesnt have anything to do about performance as a DoR, but i would still not prefer a DoR who ERP's/RDM's/LTAP's
i dont have any of those warnings? im perfectly capable and more than willing to take any critism avaliable, but i dont have those warnings. i put a pac on i should have waited to be reviewed, and that was my fault. I'm accepting responsibility and the consequences of said actions.
Nothing personal, but your tenure as SA was influential in only negative ways, you constantly tend to break server rules and you are nowhere near professional. You do not take most stuff seriously.
Whenever you decide to learn from your mistakes/verbal warnings then consider reapplying for the position again. For now it seems like you repeatedly minge and do not care about server rules.

Massive -Support
-support

I honestly have seen you just goof about even on roles where people would look at you as a serious person but you come off as completely unserious, besides the repeated amounts of pac abuse shows your terrible judgement in having the power to create your own character. so i wouldn't know how you would use that power as a DoR per se, just like when you were an SA
While in the past yes, I have been unprofessional, I'm determined to change that, and am actively working to improve my own behaviour. I admit that jumping from OSA to SA was far too big a leap and it reflected in my behaviour.

Otters

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
MilitaryRP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Jul 25, 2022
-Support

Dont believe you are currently a good fit for DoR, especially with an active warning. It doesn't matter what the warning is for, a warning is a warning.

.teddy

Oct 27, 2023
South Africa
+- Neutral, leaning +Support.
Good app, got a good chance, however... Active warn is a no bueno. Have the potential for sure, but I haven't really seen you do many projects recently.

Niox

Jan 23, 2023
i dont have any of those warnings? im perfectly capable and more than willing to take any critism avaliable, but i dont have those warnings.
it was an example

also i completely forgor to give a +/- support so
+/-Neutral
-good documentation/writing abilities, shows itself in the application (Which is very well made btw)
-Good RP abilities
-VERY recent warning (yippee)

-When not in major RP you have come off as kinda mingey (Do take this is just from past experiences, idk how you've been in the past 2 weeks)

MetallumIsCrazy

Feb 29, 2024
+SUPPER SUPPORT
-Good Rp and research in general
-Is a skibidi sigma that was fanum taxed with a level 10 gyat

Naffen

Senior Administrator
Senior Administrator
SCP-RP Staff
Platform Team
Donator
Group Moderator
Apr 11, 2022
A lot -supports with valid concerns, just gonna drop my 2 cents
You're ability to write lore and build an actual storyline or RP series for yourself is very notable and quite high quality. However, the way you portray yourself, your behaviour and general mingey attitude kind of ruins it for you. No matter what job or position you are in, important and high ranking or not you act the same and don't change for the better. An example is your removal from Site Advisor for this poor behaviour.

However for everything it's worth I hope you read the feedback on all comments here and attempt to make improvements for yourself.

Reactions: Jackie3
Status
Not open for further replies.