Security Captain x2
MTF Alpha-1 PVT
MTF Nu-7 CPL
MTF E-11 CPL
MTF E-11 SPC

UNGOC PVT
CI Gamma [PLP]
-
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: All are expired.1728176025168.png
-

Why are you applying for Director of Research?
I have always loved the Research department as it brings some of the most creative roleplay to the server, unfortunately recently the Research Department has been struggling with activity and low amount of leadership. With 1 director I feel a second is definitely necessary to bring the department back to it's past state of activity and quality. I am confident I will be able to fill the empty spot of director and return glory to the Research Department, the Research Department has a lot of potential to grow and I believe I can positively impact the research department enough to bring it back to the level of engagement and productivity we had before. With my experience and passion for research, I’m ready to step up and do what I can to make it better than ever. I love leading RP scenarios and projects, I feel like I could make more and more advanced RP scenarios/projects as a director of research. On the topic of RP, I think I could expand research RP into other departments and factions such as joint projects with the medical department. Alongside the previously mentioned I also already have some potential changes in mind for the department that I could bring into reality as a director of research.

Another reason I am applying for the position of director of research is to help the current director make decisions for the department and it's leadership team as he is currently alone making all the decisions and representing the department, this is a lot of stress and responsibilities on one director, I believe I am capable of working together with Rito and take some weight off his shoulders.
What makes you suitable for Director of Research?:

Experience
I’ve been a dedicated member of the research department for over a year now, and during that time, I’ve worked alongside 10 different directors. This means I’ve seen a lot of different leadership styles and picked up plenty of knowledge about how the department is run, both in the department and in the larger organization. I’ve also had the chance to work closely with Site Command and administration, which has given me a better understanding of how the research department works together with other departments. With all the time and experience I’ve put into this, I think it’s time to step up and take on a bigger role by applying for Director of Research.

Leadership Potential/Abilities
I’ve held a handful of leadership roles on the server and have lead and created a lot of different things, like tests, trainings, meetings, and RP scenarios with almost every department. I’ve also led lectures, run tryouts, and coordinated with others on larger-scale projects. These opportunities have helped me grow as a leader and figure out how to handle different situations, whether it’s making quick decisions or keeping things organized. I think I’ve got what it takes to support the research team and take on a bigger leadership role as a director.

Documentation
When it comes to documentation, I’ve written up many in-game reports and also wrote quite a few Google documents for various RP scenarios. I always aim to put great detail into my documents and make sure all the information is clear and accurate. I’m reliable when it comes to creating, updating, and maintaining documentation, and I think this skill would be really useful in creating research studies/projects and making documentation for interdepartmental projects.

Collaborative Skills
I’ve been involved in a lot of projects, RP situations, and documentation alongside people from other departments and factions. I’m comfortable working with others and always try to keep communication open so that everyone involved understands. I believe I’ll work well alongside Rito and will be able to bring new ideas and discussions to the table when collaborating with other departments or Site Administration/Site Command. My experience working with others will help me represent the research department well and work on improving the department.

Activity
Even though I’m balancing two other roles and have real-life responsibilities, I’m still very active in the research department. I always try to put in as much time as I can, whether it’s participating in ongoing projects or starting new ones. I’m confident that as Director of Research, I can continue to be highly involved and even step up my activity and dedication to support the department.
-
What are the responsibilities of the Director of Research in RP?:
The responsibilities of a Director of Research range quite far, I have listed them below:
Responsibilities Detail
Managing the Research Leadership teamThis responsibility includes two main aspects, firstly it is a director of research's duty to make sure the research leadership maintains activity and perform well at all times. The second aspect is to recruit and induct new executive researchers into the Research Leadership Team.
Managing Interdepartmental relationsAs the front face for the research department, directors are expected to attend meetings with other departments regarding any interdepartmental issues that may occur. Directors of Research also represent their department and their leadership team in cl4 meetings.
Authorizing tests that require DoR authorizationSome specific tests require Director of Research authorization, specifically Euclid-Euclid crosstests, Euclid-Keter crosstests and Keter-Keter crosstests.
Create various RP scenarios for researchThe Director of Research is the RP leadership position for the research department, the Director of Research can create many RP scenarios for the research department, this can be performed with GM/Staff assistance or completely by themselves. These RP scenarios can range anywhere from a new anomaly sighting to a departmental meeting with the department.
Encourage RP within the research departmentThe Research department is a very RP centered department and runs on the RP of researchers and SCPs, a director of research should be encouraging researchers, cl4 and below to do RP focused tests with SCPs or even interdepartmental RP with the medical department for example.
Create Projects for the research departmentResearch projects are a big source of RP and gameplay for researchers, Directors of Research are responsible for creating research projects and assigning executive researcher project leads for these projects.
Manage Research Departmental documentationEvery department relies heavily on external and internal documentation for their departments, these can include departmental guidelines and policies or even interdepartmental agreements.
-
Please give some lore about your Director of Research character and what storylines they would be involved in:

RAISA TERMINAL #1832

------

LOGIN REQUEST ACCEPTED

------

C:\SCPF\RAISA> dbSearch

| Selected dbSearch <RAISA DATABASE SEARCH>

███████████████ 100%

| CONNECTED!

'Search (T)ag' or 'Search (P)hrase'?

Choose (T/P)

>{t}

| Please input tag strings. Separate tags with a comma ( , )

>{directors of research, 21th-century, S65, in-use}

Results Found for "directors of research, 21th-century, S65, in-use" (6.8 seconds)

Loading File...
Raisa Terminal #1832 Directors Of Research

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2022
Hey @Jimmy Swan ,

After reading the tedious application (I'm not too keen on reading), I'm giving your application a +/- Neutral

As I can't judge your in-game actions as I haven't seen you play since I'm online at different times.
I believe your leadership skills are unmatched for a DOR position.

Best of luck,
Dutch gang wont die<:D,
Jamarion

Mar 26, 2023
To Jimmy Swan,

In the depths of the Sea of the Forgotten, where whispers of ancient powers echo through the waves, I want to take a moment to recognize your unwavering spirit. Like a true Warden of the Abyss, you navigate the perilous waters of Deepwoken with courage and determination.

Every challenge you face is like the trials of the depths—each enemy you encounter strengthens you, each setback sharpens your resolve. Remember, even the fiercest storm cannot extinguish the light of a steadfast heart. Your journey is not just about survival but about forging a legacy, a tale of resilience that will echo through the ages.

When the shadows loom large and the darkness seeks to engulf you, know that your friends stand by you, ready to fight alongside you. Your skills, your intuition, and your courage inspire those around you. Keep venturing forth, for every step you take brings you closer to greatness.

So gather your strength, wield your weapons with pride, and face the challenges ahead with the knowledge that you are not alone. The world of Deepwoken is vast, but so is your potential.

Stay brave, Jimmy Swan. Your adventure is just beginning.

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to offer my strong support for Jimmy Swan’s application for the position of Director of Research. Having worked closely with Jimmy over the years, I can confidently attest to his exceptional abilities in both research and leadership.

Jimmy possesses a deep analytical mind, combined with a passion for innovative thinking and problem-solving. He has demonstrated an impressive track record of designing and executing impactful research strategies that not only drive results but also foster collaboration across teams. His ability to distill complex data into actionable insights is a skill that will undoubtedly serve your organization well.

In addition to his technical acumen, Jimmy is a natural leader. He approaches his work with integrity, fosters an inclusive and supportive environment for his colleagues, and encourages continuous learning. His ability to manage projects, mentor teams, and navigate high-pressure situations with grace and efficiency sets him apart from his peers.

I believe Jimmy would be an outstanding addition to your team and a valuable asset in driving your research initiatives forward. I wholeheartedly recommend him for the Director of Research position and am confident he will exceed your expectations.

Please feel free to contact me if you require any further information.

Giudon

Jan 1, 2023
Ok, so when I go to your lore, you're already a Director, but when I click your foundation dossier, its the same exact biography as the one you had as executive, same thing with the additional notes. Where's the lore of you getting promoted to director? your biography doesn't even mention that you got promoted to executive. The lore (Jimmy swan's dossier) also failed to mention when he visited/went under custody of the GOC for a medical checkup. As for the other documents... they still don't explain how he got promoted to director. Also missed opportunity to mention your talks with CI (as a 5th document or somethin, foundation doesn't know).

Leaving lore aside, You have multiple positions throughout the server unlike other director nominees. You aren't as active as them.

I'll give you a +Choco milk for being an ok executive.