SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Sep 16, 2023
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:94216966
Discord name: deniz3n
For how long have you played on CG SCP: Since August 2023
In what country are you located?: UK
Time zone: BST
Character name(s): See forums signature.
Civilian name: See forums signature.
What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): UK
Do you have a mic?: Yes.
List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held: See forums signature.
Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?: No.

Why are you applying for Site Advisor?​

I have been doing quite a bit of administrative work recently to do with E&TS (and elsewhere), and have been enjoying it. From what I understand of Site Advisors, I think I would enjoy it a lot and spend a good amount of time on it. I also want to help SA as a whole improve, as it has had issues in the past, which I believe it is somewhat moving past with some (somewhat) recent changes, but I want to help out and move Site Administration in a positive direction.

I also have some plans for what I want to do in Site Administration, such as improving E&TS oversight (which I am already working on, but am somewhat limited in right now), improving site policies, and just generally helping any departments and regiments that need/want help in any way.

What makes you suitable for Site Administration?​

I have some experience in roles such as IA Ambassador and E-11 CO, which should provide me a good start in Site Administration, as from those I have experience working with documents, mediating arguments, enforcing policies, and supporting members of my department/regiment wherever necessary or possible. With these, I also have general CL4 experience, from two different perspectives, and my role as Ambassador has given me a good knowledge base for the FLC and various site and department policies.

Somewhat strangely, I also have some administrative experience and ongoing projects as E&TS. I currently am working on trying to introduce an Engineering Leadership Committee, and implementing a department infraction log, both in an attempt to improve oversight over the very limited department. I created the department policies for them that are currently in place, along with some other documents for things like teaching new players how to do their jobs, and some in-character reporting and requests. I currently have a working spreadsheet for logging infractions for E&TS (e.g. when somebody does something that falls under site ban guidelines, which currently isn't really tracked), which I am hoping to improve upon and start having (either by myself, or by other SA) E&TS staff actually get job banned when they should be (there's one logged site staff ban, ever).

What are the responsibilities of Site Administration in RP?​

• Engage in site policy making
    • While "Foundation-wide" policies such as the FLC are primarily under the purview of Site Command, Site Administration is responsible for the creation of site policies such as the Zone Jurisdiction Policy and Division Policy, along with the oversight of Department Policies. Site Administration can also provide input on changes to policies under Site Command's purview.
  • Provide oversight for departments and MTFs (except SC and ISD)
    • Site Administration are responsible for overseeing and reviewing departments'/MTFs' state and helping to ensure they are in the best state they can be by working with departmental/regimental leaders to identify shortcomings and change things for the better.
    • This also involves regularly meeting with departmental/regimental leaders, and being available as a point of contact for them.
    • When departments/regiments are failing in some way, Site Administration is also responsible for stepping in and making changes to rectify this, in cooperation with department/regiment leaders (or, possibly, resulting in the removal of current leadership).
  • Site Administration may act as a judge, or other roles, within tribunals and related activities, in conjunction with EC and SC.
    • Recent changes around this have had SA taking a more active role here instead of it being almost entirely EC.
  • Appoint new department/regiment leaders.
    • This only applies to departments that aren't under the purview of Site Command itself (e.g. Research, ISD)
    • While the direct appointment is the responsibility of the Site Director, the rest of Site Administration can give input in this process, and may be involved in interviews. I believe they usually do a vote within SA, but it isn't often that new department leaders are appointed, so this may have changed.
  • Interact with GoIs
    • While both DEA and Site Command are often involved in meetings and interactions with GoI members, Site Administration is also responsible for meeting with them and maintaining/improving relations.
    • Site Administration is also often responsible for authorising/denying GoIs' access to the site
  • Oversee the overall site status
    • This means being responsible for managing site emergencies/codes, authorising the lockdown of areas of the site, and providing overall direction of departments/regiments to improve the short- and long-term state of the site
    • As part of this, Site Administration is usually responsible for authorising/denying the use of Advanced Armoury weaponry during a breach or intrusion, though current UK site policies allow others to authorise this when SA is unavailable.
  • Carry out administrative and implementation work
    • Site Administration are also responsible for general administrative work, such as maintaining their documents
  • Providing authorisation as needed
    • Various processes require Site Administration's approval - some examples being approval of tests that require it, and authorising any alterations to the E&TS department policies document

Please give some lore about your Site Administration character and what storylines they would be involved in:​

Jonathan Eccleston's Personnel File

Some things I plan to be involved in:
  • Implementing an update to the E&TS department policy to make some tweaks and improvements
  • Attempting to implement an Engineering Leadership Committee, to lead E&TS (with Site Administration oversight), player-permitting
  • Making the E&TS Infraction Log official, and starting to hand out job bans according to the job ban guidelines (this currently isn't really done at all, as there was a single site staff job ban logged, ever, last I checked)
  • Overall attempting to improve E&TS and provide more oversight for it
  • Improving existing site policies (even if just tweaking wording and the like)
  • Encouraging and supporting departments and regiments to have their own up-to-date policies - e.g. regiments don't really have any beyond their handbooks, and the handbooks often contain classified info like codewords, CL4 info, etc.
    • This means that IA can then deal with violations more easily, beyond just enforcing Protocol 1 when it is completely obvious that something was done wrong
  • Creating actual written policies on things like blastdoor usage, which can be a bit confusing for a new CL4 (or ISD, who can also operate them)
  • If the opportunity arises, doing some RP in relation to the fact that Eccleston, as a CL2 Tech Expert, knows most general CL4 info already

EDIT: Formatting

Kayla

Head Moderator
Head Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Resources Team
Oct 20, 2023
+ Support
Nothing but good interactions and he tries to encourage RP across all departments
Very respectful of others
let man cook

Willow

Mar 14, 2024
+Support
Great, competent player, knows management of departments insanely well to the point to essentially organizing our "IT" department (I always forget the acronym)

Zen

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
SCP-RP Staff
Content Team
Sep 16, 2023
+Support

+Good Application

I do not know if we met before but your name rings a bell, I have heard about you and it was all good, I wish you luck in this application.
You may know me by another character name - see my forums signature for the list. E.g. I was E-11 CPT "Jorvik"
+Support
Great, competent player, knows management of departments insanely well to the point to essentially organizing our "IT" department (I always forget the acronym)
E&TS

6n2rAtL.png

The following message is composed via consensus of the site administration team of site-65.

Hello, @Zen

Thank you for showing an interest in expanding your duties within the Foundation. After careful consideration, we have come to a verdict regarding this personnel role reassignment request. This request is to be elevated to the next stage. We will be in contact shortly.

Good luck.

Secure. Contain. Protect.

CONFIDENTIAL
This document may not be shared with or used by personnel below the designated clearance level.​

Status
Not open for further replies.