What server are you applying for? (SCP-RP UK or SCP-RP USA): SCP-RP UK

Do you have a mic?:Yes

List all whitelisted, MTF, or CI roles that you hold or have held:

HeldHolding
NoneMTF - Nu7 CPL

Have you received any kicks/bans/warning? and why?:
  • RDM
  • Fail RP
Why are you applying for Executive Researcher?
I want to help other researchers get better at there jobs, I want to show proper procedures and help those just starting out grow to become good researchers I also want to help the department in researching SCP's and further learning the affects thay have on other SCP's and humans and how we can effectively combat these affect and also develop weaponry and tools to combat breaches more effectively

What makes you suitable for Executive Researcher?:
I'm very dedicated to my role I Have met a lot of great researchers , Executive Researchers even ethics and have listened to the feedback good or bad and I feel like it has made me a better researcher from when I started out and I intend to keep improving. I also love helping new researchers however I can. but as I can't do these thing effectively as an Sr reseacher so I hit a bit of a wall in my career so i hope this application will allow me to do all these thing and more.

How many excellent-graded documents have you written? What makes a document excellent?
I have only written one document and that only one was excellent grade but it was also signed by ethics, director of research and executive researcher also Im in the process of producing a bigger and better tests but I think that documents should be quality over quantity unlike what some Researchers to by making lots of low quality documents where as I like to have not so any but they are excellent documents than poor quality ones.

• Proper Formatting: Excellent documents should be formatted of course depending on what the document is about.
  • Grammar: There should be little to no grammar or spelling errors in excellent documents.
  • Clear Writing: Writing should be straight and to the point while still including plenty of information.
  • Originality: Excellent documents should be about original topics, it can be hard because people have already performed many tests, but its quite important to be original in your idea.
  • Length: The Document should be an appropriate length without being dragged out into oblivion. A document should not be only 2 pages long but should also not be 15 pages long.
What are the responsibilities of the Executive Researcher in RP?:

• Approve/Grade Documents
  • Approve Test Request
  • Oversee tests, making sure they run smoothly and ethically
  • Enforce/follow the Code of ethics and Code of conduct
  • Coordinate with other departments and even GOIs to make breakthroughs
  • Work with other Executives and the Directors of Research to improve the department of Research
  • Most importantly, helping lower ranking researchers with anything they may have questions about.
  • Set an example for other researchers

Please give some lore about your Executive Researcher character and what storylines they would be involved in:

**JOSH WHITELOCK - PERSONNEL FILE**

Last edited:

Jessy Soul [XD-4]

Sep 6, 2022
MASSIVE + Support
-Great app
-Loads of interactions
-Very official
-Good Documentation
-Unique Test Ideas

//////////////////////////////////////////
Small -Support

George Willson

Jul 21, 2022
-Support
-Good Application
-No memorable interactions on my part
-Questionable reputation currently
-Very low amount of documents

As you'll be grading other researchers' documents, I feel that it is very important to have a somewhat good number of documents uploaded yourself, one document, even if it is a very good one, is still far too little.

Caeden

Civil Gamers Expert
Donator
Dec 21, 2021
=Support

-No interactions that I can remember
+Good app

(Edit)

Big -Support

Literally 2 interactions with him - one he RDMed me with no RP and the other he was running around shouting RDM and mixing
Thinks just because a certain person checked a document means its good
Inactive on researcher
Only 1 document and hes applying for exec, doesnt even know what it was.
Poor reputation
Obviously poor knowledge of rules from what ive seen of him

Last edited:

cawmrade

Donator
Mar 31, 2022
-/+ Neutral leaning +Support

+ Good Application
+ Unique test Idea's
+ Good documentation

-/+ No interactions

- Questionable Reputation
- Low number of excellent documents.

I suggest fixing your reputation by being more active, hosting lecture's and submitting more excellent documents.

James Overscott

Civil Gamers Expert
Aug 10, 2021
-Support
Decent application.
"I have only written one document but the grade is unknown" what?
Your "hurry to get to CL4", if I can put it that way? See below.
I cannot recall having had many interactions with you while you were on researcher, however that may just be me.

Hi Josh, I'll be giving you a -support due to the reasons listed above. Your application is decent, however there are a couple things to note.

Firstly, the fact you say you've only written one document, and you don't even know the grade of it, is bad. Even though we don't know the grade (I checked the Rewards Logger and no documents of yours were logged, so either whoever graded it forgot or it was below a good (but since it got approved by Ethics and DoR that is probably not the case)), the fact that you only have one document is not enough in my opinion. If you wish to become an Executive, you'll need more documents than that so you can properly grade the documents of other researchers.

I'd also like to touch on your previous CL4 role applications. I don't know if you struggle to find the department for you, but you've applied for 4 CL4 positions in the last 30 days, all in different departments (excluding one of the IA apps as it was your second one). If I were you, I'd stick with one department for a while and then apply for a CL4 position, because currently it seems like you're in a hurry to get to CL4 with no regard for what department you get it in.

TL;DR: In my opinion, you should get to know the people in the Research Department more and get more excellent documents under your belt before you look into becoming an Exec. Researcher.

Best of luck,
Exec. Researcher James Overscott

(Calvin Lucien)

SCP-RP Staff
Apr 5, 2023
=Support

-No interactions that I can remember
+Good app

(Edit)

Big -Support

Literally 2 interactions with him - one he RDMed me with no RP and the other he was running around shouting RDM and mixing
Thinks just because a certain person checked a document means its good
Inactive on researcher
Only 1 document and hes applying for exec, doesnt even know what it was.
Poor reputation
Obviously poor knowledge of rules from what ive seen of him

Btw it was Jessy Soul than signed my document so if you think there is a problem with his judgement take it up with him plus i have never seen you on executive researcher the only time I have seen you was on D-class so maybe you think Im inactive on researcher because your the one thats inactive.

'The Affected'

Nov 7, 2022

6n2rAtL.png

The following message is composed via consensus of the Department of Research Leadership.

Hello, @shaggy rogers

Thank you for showing an interest in expanding your duties within the Foundation. After careful consideration, we have come to a verdict regarding this personnel role reassignment request. This request is to be denied. The reasons for this denial may be elaborated on should you decide to get in contact with us. No further action is required.

You may re-apply in two weeks' time.

Director of Research,
Jack "Cader" Raider

Secure. Contain. Protect.

CONFIDENTIAL
This document may not be shared with or used by personnel below the designated clearance level.​

cawmrade

Donator
Mar 31, 2022
Btw it was Jessy Soul than signed my document so if you think there is a problem with his judgement take it up with him plus i have never seen you on executive researcher the only time I have seen you was on D-class so maybe you think Im inactive on researcher because your the one thats inactive.
Caeden is not an executive researcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.