Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinner

Sep 8, 2023
Alberta, Canada
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:560896223
Please state if it is for SCP-RP UK or USA: UK
Level of appeal (2 or 3): 2
Have you already carried out a level 1 appeal - please give details: No I have not, I was advised to make this by @Holland
Who did you carry out the level 1 appeal to, and where: Currently in redmann's DMs, not a formal one but also nothing to be considered an appeal.
Rank demoted from: CPL
Who demoted you?: Commander Séan 'RedMann" O'Shea
Date of demotion?: 11/7/23
What is the case against you?: Toxicity
Is this true?: Yes this is the case, however I don't believe it's true in it's reasoning
Prior to this demotion, have you ever been demoted?: Yes
Please list any previous roleplay demotion appeals: I was demoted once from CPL to LCPL for inactivity after receiving a strike (in E11).
What is your side of the story?: I was playing as E11 and had cuffed SCP-8837 to recontain him, during this I also had some chatter inside game chat with Jimmy Swan (the person playing as 8837). He was minging a little however I decided to not mind it & just go along as it was quite hilarious, during this, we had some fun before I RCed him and at one point, he managed to warp in cuffs and somehow got into a wall, which was funny to me and I had become dissapointed in him for doing such a thing and us having to make a sit to get him out. During that, I called him the R-Slur, which prompted no reaction to him & we just kept on chatting till I brought him back to his CC & just went on my day hoping he'd be alright & have fun again. About 30 minutes later, I got off E11 and logged my hours accordingly and then went on to play as something else. A few hours later and I came back to E11 comms to speak with the others and maybe get on again to just get my requirement done before the meeting (which was a training I had planned inside Killhouse). I was only met with the conclusion from @Jesse Phil Fring that I was being discharged after I had said something about being close to SGT. I got frustrated as Kree began trying to explain, we moved up to the COs office & spoke after which I realised it had been for that sole reason of calling Jimmy the R-Slur as to why I would be discharged. This also was backed up with the fact that I had a strike for inactivity, that was set to expire in 5 days. To further elaborate, Redmann decided to pipeline straight to @Jesse Phil Fring & ask him to discharge me after a vote from the COs, mind you there was no word to me before I had been discharged, not a single notification or letter of notice to advise me I had been discharged from E-11.
The reason as to why I feel this is just wrong & seemingly targeted is because I was given 0 chance to explain my side of the story or as to what the background of those words were and why I said them, I was never raised to anyone before being discharged & no one told me a single thing until I joined TS. The only thing I can recall was Jesse poking me to "wake up" which I didn't even understand. Not a single message or nothing and only when I joined the TS I had been told about this. There is also my concern of why I'm getting immediatly striked for "toxicity" without any priors on that (the last one being on 06/09/2023 for "Breaking a rule/Disrespectful") at the time of which I was never even known by the CO team or under investigation. I got immediatly put on a last straw with no chance of self-redeem for my actions or any way to repent myself for those claims. I feel as if this is just biased or targeted mainly because of that.

Incase you need the message logs, here they are below in the embed.

Attachments

• 1699391242687.png
    1699391242687.png
    196.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 1699391303818.png
    1699391303818.png
    79.1 KB · Views: 37

Jimmy Swan

Jan 10, 2023
I will be writing a reply to this appeal as I have some involvement in the situation,

I was playing as SCP-8837 and was about to be recontained by Skinner here. While in cuffs I noticed the "warp" ability was still shown on my screen, I got curious and decided to left click and see what would happen, after doing such I got teleported into a wall and thus got stuck, while in the wall Skinner decided to make the R-slur comment in ooc which I did not take any offense to whatsoever, I wasn't aware of any consequences for Skinner and simply ignored said comment. While i do not condone toxic behavior and think Skinner should not have made this comment,
I feel Skinner should still have his discharge appealed as I personally did not take any offense to his comment and as Skinner stated he did not get any warning before being discharged. My reply likely won't affect the decision of the CO taking action, thank you for reading and understanding anyway.

Last edited:

Holland

Donator
Aug 27, 2022
Hey @Skinner

I Told you to make a level 1 to @RedMann If he denies your appeal then make a level 2, not the other way around.

So please make a level 1 appeal before submitting a level 2

(there are some typos my apologies for that)

1699395560412.png1699395602753.png

RedMann

Game Master
Game Master
Apr 6, 2023
APPEAL DENIED
Hi @Skinner
Thank you for taking the time to make this appeal, it was the full CO team decision to prescribe this strike which, as per E-11 policy, led to a further demotion.

However you DM'd me to initiate a level 1 appeal, i apologise i was not able to get back to you as i was busy. However my failure to respond to you does not mean you skip the level system, you uploaded this level 2 at 9:11 PM GMT, you messaged me at 8:05, you have barely given me an hour to respond.

I will be contacting you shortly via DMs where we will continue with the level 1 appeal, if you are unhappy with the outcome you may chose to repost this or update it to suit.

Thanks,
MTF E-11 COM "RedMann"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.